JIMMY BRADLEY'S SALAD WITH GRUYèRE
"I'm a big proponent of what you might call stoner food," the chef and restaurateur Jimmy Bradley told me in 2003, when he gave me this recipe for what amounts to fondue topped with a potato salad topped with a green one. "I think there should always be something on the menu at my restaurants, where someone can come in and see it and say, 'Yeah, man, I want some of that right now, and then we'll figure out the rest of the meal." Well, yeah, man: a pool of warm Gruyère, topped with batons of bacon, wedges of potato, a bitter salad of greens, the cold against the warm, the salty against the faintly sweet and acidic? Pair that with a slightly chilled red wine and someone special and you can figure out the rest later.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories salads and dressings, appetizer
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan; drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and toss. Bake 40 minutes, until tender and crisped, stirring after 20 minutes. Loosely cover with foil; keep warm in low oven.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Make the roux. Melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes until the mixture is golden. Reserve.
- Combine shallots and wine in a nonreactive saucepan; boil until reduced to 1/3 cup. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the reserved roux and heavy cream, simmer and stir in cheese, a little at a time, until melted and mixture is smooth. Taste; season with pepper. If necessary, thin with more cream. Keep warm.
- Combine remaining oil, the vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Whisk until blended. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add warm potatoes, bacon, endive and arugula or dandelion greens; toss to coat.
- Ladle fondue into a large bowl and place the salad atop or serve in individual shallow bowls.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 669, UnsaturatedFat 25 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 52 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 24 grams, Sodium 791 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
TREVISO, WALNUT, AND GRUYèRE SALAD
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut Treviso crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips; discard bottom 2 to 3 inches. Place strips in large bowl; add mixed baby greens and chives. DO AHEAD: Dressing and salad can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill. Bring dressing to room temperature and rewhisk before using. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Add cheese and walnuts; toss salad, then transfer to serving bowl.
GRUYERE AND MUSHROOM PASTA SALAD
I created this recipe as I was using up leftover ingredients, and it was a delicious surprise! The dressing gives it just the right amount of tanginess, while the Gruyere, mushrooms, arugula, and dill combine for a mouthwatering flavor!
Provided by jkoltov
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Combine cooked pasta, mushrooms, arugula, Gruyere cheese, and onion together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate pasta salad at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 460.8 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
GRUYERE CHEESE SALAD
- Mix all salad ingredients together in bowl.
- Pour in vinaigrette and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on spinach leaves.
NEW POTATO, KIELBASA AND GRUYèRE SALAD
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and slice potatoes. Transfer to large bowl. Gently mix in vinegar and green onions, using rubber spatula. Cool.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, horseradish and caraway. Mix into potatoes. Add kielbasa and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Line plates with endive. Spoon salad atop.
More about "gruyeresalad recipes"
9 DELICIOUS LE GRUYèRE AOP RECIPES - GREAT …
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRUYÈRE SALAD | SA GARDEN AND HOME
295 EASY AND TASTY GRUYERE RECIPES BY HOME …
GRUYèRE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
APPLE SALAD WITH GRUYERE AND HAZELNUTS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Pour lemon juice into a bowl. As you are slicing apples, add them to the bowl and coat well to avoid browning. Add all other ingredients to the apples. Finish with extra virgin olive oil. Toss until all the ingredients are well coated with oil.
CREAMY GRUYERE SPAGHETTI FOR TWO - GIRL GONE GOURMET
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. While you wait for it to boil, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, olive oil, and a few pinches of black pepper in a small bowl. You will use this topping once the pasta and sauce are done. Once the water is boiling cook the spaghetti for about 2 minutes less than what’s listed on the package. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
- While the pasta boils, make the sauce. First, melt the butter in an oven-safe pan over medium heat. Once frothy, add the flour and stir with a spatula to combine. Cook the paste for a minute or so adjusting the heat, if needed, so the butter doesn’t brown too quickly). Switch to a whisk and slowly add the milk to the pan whisking continuously. Be sure to monitor the heat – you don’t want the milk to boil otherwise it will cause the sauce to break. Add the herbs and salt and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the cheese and stir until it’s melted. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts into the sauce.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and stir to coat it in the sauce. Sprinkle the parmesan breadcrumbs over the top of the pasta. Turn on the broiler and pop the pan under it for a couple of minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are crispy.
ALSATIAN HAM-AND-GRUYèRE SALAD RECIPE - QUICK FROM …
- Put the onion in a small bowl of cold water and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the onion, rinse, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking. Add the ham, cheese, onion, and parsley to the vinaigrette and toss.
ROASTED GARLIC GRUYèRE PULL-APART BREAD FOR # ... - RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
12 GRUYèRE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS WEEK - BRIT + CO
Author Heather SageEstimated Reading Time 9 mins
GRUYèRE CAESAR SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
BEST GRUYERE RECIPES AND GRUYERE COOKING IDEAS
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOW TO MAKE GRUYèRE STYLE CHEESE AT HOME - YOUTUBE
PARMA HAM AND GRUYèRE SALAD WITH PEACH - HA RECIPES
HOMEMADE GRUYERE CHEESE - YOUTUBE
GRUYERE SALAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
16 GRUYERE RECIPES ALL CHEESE LOVERS SHOULD TRY | …
GRUYERE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
GRUYERE CHEESE SALAD RECIPES
PARMA HAM AND GRUYèRE SALAD WITH PEACH - HA RECIPES
SMOKED HAM SALAD ON GRUYERE POTATO COINS RECIPES
RECIPES WITH GRUYERE CHEESE | TASTE OF HOME
GRUYèRE CAESAR SALAD RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS | …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with gruyère cheese?Dominic Chapman also utilises Gruyère’s wonderful melting texture in his ham hock macaroni cheese recipe, a hugely comforting dish flavoured with braised ham hock. Or, for a recipe to impress any cheese-loving dinner guests, try Galton Blackiston’s bacon and Gruyère soufflé - garnished with a crispy bacon ring.
Can you cook Gruyere on a panini grill?You can cook Gruyere Grilled Cheese on a panini grill or over the stove using a large non-stick pan. Most people spread margarine or butter on each bread slice but in our crispy grilled cheese recipe we recommend using mayonnaise.
Can I use Gouda instead of Gruyere?Yes, you can use Gouda instead of Gruyere or vice versa. But keep in mind that Gouda is sweet and fruity, and it is also much softer than Gruyere. In a pinch, though, both kinds of cheese can be replaced with each other.
What is the difference between Gruyere and Gruyère doux?Swiss gruyère - labelled as Le Gruyère Switzerland is protected and will have the word ‘Switzerland’ stamped in red across the top and bottom of its rind. If you prefer a milder flavour, look for gruyère doux, which will have been matured for around five months, rather than gruyère vieux, which can be aged for up to 18 months.