- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Beat all ingredients except gumdrops and nuts in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 15 seconds. Beat on medium speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Stir in gumdrops and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. For best results, wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 210 mg
Colorful gumdrops make these fun miniature loaves just perfect for holiday gift-giving. "I usually bake this moist bread at Christmas, but it's also requested at Easter," notes Linda Samaan of Fort Wayne Indiana.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 mini loaves.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir well. Add nuts and gumdrops; stir just until mixed. Pour into three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. , Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 322mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
GUM DROP BREAD OR GUM DROP MUFFINS
Looking through my really old cook books again. This was found in my Old Parish cook book from the 80's.I loved it. So unique and different I thought I would share it.I haven't had this in over 20 years. My family liked it a lot too. Love these old and unusual recipes.Would make a great festive bread for the holidays to hand out...
Provided by Nor Mac
Categories Other Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. combine baking powder,salt,flour in a bowl
- 2. cream butter and sugar in another bowl
- 3. add eggs one at a time.beat well add extract
- 4. add egg mixture with milk gradually. Fold in gum drops,and raisins,walnuts combine flour mixture with liquid mixture,and stir well. put in to greased loaf pan. bake 1 1/2 hours at 350 degree's
- 5. Remove from pan after cooled,and serve
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans or a 10 inch tube pan with greased parchment or heavy paper.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cut the gumdrops in fourths. Fry the pecans in the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Mix pecans, raisins, and gumdrops together, and roll in 3/4 cup of flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter or margarine and white sugar. Mix in beaten eggs. Mix in the flour and spice mixture alternately with the applesauce. Dissolve soda in hot water, and stir into batter. Stir in the vanilla. Stir in nuts, gumdrops, and raisins.
- Bake for 2 hours. The baking time for the tube pan should be about 30 to 40 minutes longer. Test about 10 minutes before the longer time. You may not get a clean tester, but you will be able to tell if it is the candy gumdrop or dough. Cool. Wrap in foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.7 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 129.8 mg, Sugar 39 g
I dress up traditional fruitcake by stirring in colorful, chewy gumdrops. No one can resist a sweet slice!-JoAnn Renze, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, applesauce and vanilla (batter will appear curdled). Remove black gumdrops and save for another use. In a large bowl, combine the gumdrops, pecans, dates, raisins, cherries and 1 cup flour; toss to coat. Combine the baking soda, cinnamon, pie spice and remaining flour; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in gumdrop mixture. , Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 300° for 45 minutes; cover loosely with foil. Bake 45 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts :
CHRISTMAS GUMDROP BREAD
Quick but luxurious and fun for giving. The baking mix makes it quick, while cherries, candy, fruit and nuts make it look festive when cut open. For a gift presentation, either cut the bread and arrange on a plate, or wrap in nice packaging, because the loaves are a bit brown and lumpy on the outside.
Provided by fluffernutter
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 4 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Beat the eggs, then beat in baking mix, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in the cherries, apricots, dates, gumdrops and almonds.
- Spoon into 4 greased miniature baking pans (about 5 inches by 3 inches).
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Batter may be used for muffins.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 991.7, Fat 27.1, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 159.2, Sodium 462.8, Carbohydrate 179.6, Fiber 12.9, Sugar 130.5, Protein 17.1
BANANA GUMDROP BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure first 5 ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir in gumdrop pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir into dry mixture.
- Stir until blended.
- Scrape into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2716.7, Fat 66.6, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 228.6, Sodium 3116.6, Carbohydrate 501.2, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 253.4, Protein 34.6
SPICE GUMDROP MUFFINS (OR BREAD LOAF)
My good friend Edith Lamb (who is in her late 90s shared this recipe...It is one of her signature recipes, and they have made it in their family for years.
Provided by Amy Alusa
Categories Sweet Breads
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Mix first four ingredients and bring to a boil. Add the next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil again, and then cool. When cool add the final 7 ingredients, and mix well.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups or loaf pans(fill muffin cups 2/3 full). Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven. Allow to sit in the oven for 15 minutes. Then cool another 15 minutes out of the oven, but still in the pan. Thus the indicated cook time of 1 1/2 hours. Store in waxed paper or tin foil. Freezes well.
VERY MOIST GUMDROP CAKE
- Place raisins in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain all water from raisins.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour into gumdrops, cherries, nuts, and drained raisins.
- In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs. Mix in applesauce. Stir remaining flour, salt, and cinnamon into creamed mixture. Dissolve soda dissolved in hot water. Mix into batter well. Stir in floured fruit.
- Line an angel food pan with parchment paper, and grease with butter or margarine. Pour batter to within one inch of the top of pan.
- Bake 3 hours at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). When nearly done, cover top of cake with a piece of tinfoil to prevent top of cake from overcooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 641.5 calories, Carbohydrate 130.7 g, Cholesterol 61.6 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 477.3 mg, Sugar 95 g
More about "gum drop bread or gum drop muffins recipes"
GUMDROP CAKE - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
DAIRY-FREE GUMDROP BREAD RECIPE WITH VEGAN OPTION
5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
EASY GUMDROP FUDGE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsServings 36
- Melt white chocolate chips in a heavy glass or porcelain bowl for 2 minutes. Set aside. Remove foil covering off frosting and microwave for 1 minute, until very melted.
- Stir melted white chocolate chips gently. Add in melted frosting and stir to combine. Add in gumdrops. Transfer to a foil lined 8x8 pan. Let cool until set. You can speed up the process by cooling fudge in the fridge.
- Cut into small squares & enjoy! Cutting is easier if you spray the knife with non-stick spray and clean it intermittently. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
GLUTEN-FREE GUMDROP COOKIES - MY ISLAND BISTRO KITCHEN
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
BEST GUMDROP BREAD RECIPE | RECIPELAND
3.9/5 (32)Total Time 3 hrsServings 16Calories 138 per serving
ROBINHOOD | GUMDROP CUPCAKES
Total Time 40 mins
RECIPE: GUMDROP BREAD - RECIPELINK.COM
Category Breads-AssortedReply to RecipeFrom Chat Room, 12-07-2000Title Recipe
APPLESAUCE GUMDROP CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GUM DROP BREAD OR GUM DROP MUFFINS | RECIPE | DROPS RECIPE ...
SPICE GUMDROP MUFFINS OR BREAD LOAF RECIPES
ORANGE GUMDROP DATE BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GUM DROP BREAD OR GUM DROP MUFFINS RECIPES
46 GUMDROP BREAD IDEAS IN 2021 | CHRISTMAS BAKING, GUM ...
HOME - SUCCESS BUSINESS - MACLEAN RECIPES
13 GUMDROP BREAD IDEAS | CHRISTMAS BAKING, GUM DROPS, RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make Gumdrop bread?Colorful gumdrops make these fun miniature loaves just perfect for holiday gift-giving. "I usually bake this moist bread at Christmas, but it's also requested at Easter," notes Linda Samaan of Fort Wayne Indiana. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir well.
What kind of gumdrops to use in Gumdrop cake?The Ganong gumdrops are good quality and hence make a better cake. Don’t use black gumdrops in this cake – those are good for snacking while cutting up the other colored gumdrops Black gumdrops are just plain ugly in a cake and may bleed out their intense color.
What's the best way to make a gumdrop fruitcake?Directions. Line two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans or a 10 inch tube pan with greased parchment or heavy paper. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Cut the gumdrops in fourths. Fry the pecans in the 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Mix pecans, raisins, and gumdrops together, and roll in 3/4 cup of flour mixture.
How long do you bake a Gum Drop cake?Mix together sugar, eggs and butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F.