HALIBUT WITH CREAMY GARLIC AND HERB SAUCE
This fresh dish is sure to please at your next dinner party! The red pepper flakes add a little kick, and toasted almonds add a delicious crunch. I like to serve this with orzo pasta or rice pilaf. This dish can also be made with fat-free half and half and low-sodium chicken broth for healthier options.
Provided by feeshette
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Rub the halibut fillets with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper. Place the fillets into the prepared baking dish, then press the cilantro leaves onto the top of the halibut. Bake the halibut in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the green onions, red bell pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the white wine, and season with dill and tarragon. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the chicken broth, half-and-half, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then dissolve the flour into the water, and stir into the boiling sauce. Return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the halibut to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.5 g, Cholesterol 91.2 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 43.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 342 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
10-MINUTE BAKED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC-BUTTER SAUCE
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and Old Bay together; brush the halibut fillets with the mixture.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in an ovenproof baking dish; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Melt butter in a small saucean over low heat; add in garlic; stir/saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Remove pan from heat; add in lemon juice, lemon zest, and herbs; store in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the fish.
- Preheat oven to 400°; let fish come to room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the garlic butter and pour it over the fish.
- Bake the fish for 10 minutes, basting once with the sauce.
- The fish is done when it is opaque all the way through when slashed in the thickest part or an instant-read thermometer reads 165°.
- Serve fish with the garlic butter spooned over each portion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.6, Fat 26.2, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 108.8, Sodium 95.7, Carbohydrate 0.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.2, Protein 25.9
HALIBUT WITH HERBED BUTTER
- For the herb butter, in a medium bowl, combine the butter, garlic, chopped herbs, and lemon zest plus salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Heat the olive oil in a grill pan over high heat. Sprinkle the halibut generously on both sides with salt and pepper. When the grill pan is hot, place the fish on the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes on one side.
- Meanwhile, heat the herb butter just until melted.
- Turn the fish, lower the heat to medium, and pour the melted herb butter over the fish. Cover the pan, turn off the heat, and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- To serve, place the fish on a serving platter, spoon the herb butter over the fish, sprinkle with extra parsley, and serve hot.
HALIBUT WITH GARLIC MAYONNAISE-PARMESAN TOPPING
I adopted this recipe, I love, I make it often and even use it when I plank, it actually goes well with ANY fish I try it on, Original Intro: quick and easy meal.
Provided by Dawnab
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- To prepare the topping: Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Parmesan, green onion and Tabasco.
- To prepare the halibut: Place fish on a broiling pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven 12 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish tests done.
- Remove fish from oven and place a rack close to the broiling element.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Spread the top of the fish with garlic topping.
- Broil about 1 minute, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.2, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 98.3, Sodium 444.9, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.2, Protein 35.5
SEARED HALIBUT WITH ANCHOVIES, CAPERS AND GARLIC
Three classic flavors are often overlooked these days, so much so that when I prepared a dish combining them not long ago, I seemed to be tasting it for the first time. This combo is garlic, anchovies and capers, a natural southern Mediterranean team that is strong and distinctive. Its brininess makes it incompatible with many foods, but it is ideal with fish, especially sturdy fish like halibut and swordfish. Creating a dish out of these ingredients is almost as easy as simply searing the fish and serving it with lemon. The fish is quickly browned, then allowed to finish cooking in the oven while the no-fuss sauce cooks in the pan.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high heat, and leave it there until hot. Add oil and butter together. Butter should sizzle. When butter foam subsides, add fish, and season it lightly with salt and pepper. Brown fish, basting with pan juices, then turn, and brown again. Do not worry about cooking through. Turn off heat, put fish on an ovenproof plate, and place it in oven.
- Turn heat under skillet to medium, and add anchovies and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until anchovies break up, just a couple of minutes. Add capers and wine, and turn heat to high. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Return fish and its juices to pan, and turn it in sauce once or twice. Fish should be cooked through by now. (A thin-bladed knife inserted into its thickest part will meet little resistance.)
- Taste sauce, add some lemon juice, then taste again. It should be strong-tasting but only mildly acidic. Remove fish to serving plate, spoon sauce on top, and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 434, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 41 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 583 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SLOW-COOKED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC CREAM AND FENNEL
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place fennel in a large saucepan wide enough to fit fish comfortably. Add garlic, cream, and 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. salt. Place over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is just tender, 12-15 minutes (do not let cream come to a boil). Remove from heat.
- Season fish with remaining 1 tsp. salt. Using tongs, carefully slip fish into pan (it should be mostly covered). Transfer to oven and cook fish, uncovered, until flesh easily flakes with a fork, 18-22 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, finely chop reserved fennel fronds and place in a small bowl (you should have about 1/2 cup). Cut ends off lemon; discard. Place lemon upright on one end and cut lemon into four lobes, working around the center as you would an apple and leaving core and seeds behind. Finely chop lobes (peel and all) and transfer to bowl with fennel fronds. (You should have about 1/3 cup.) Squeeze juice from core over fennel fronds; discard core. Drizzle in oil and toss mixture to combine. Season fennel oil with salt and lots of pepper.
- Break fish into large pieces and divide among shallow bowls. Divide garlic and fennel among bowls and ladle some garlic cream on top; spoon fennel oil over.
HAZELNUT CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. While the potatoes are boiling, mash the garlic with 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a smooth paste. Drain potatoes, then mash together with the garlic paste, butter, and pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- While the potatoes are cooking, Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Pulse the hazelnuts and bread crumbs in a food processor until finely ground, but not ground into a paste. Pour onto a shallow dish. Season the halibut fillets on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Gently press one side of the halibut fillets into the nut mixture, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Place the halibut fillets nut-side-up into the skillet; cook until the halibut begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the fillets over, and place into the preheated oven. Bake, nut-side-down until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it turns nut brown. Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer.
- To serve, mound the potatoes onto the center of each dinner plate. Place a halibut fillet on top of the mashed potatoes nut-side-up, then drizzle with the browned butter sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1038.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52.4 g, Cholesterol 191.2 mg, Fat 73.9 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 45 g, SaturatedFat 35.4 g, Sodium 1652.6 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Put fish in an oiled shallow baking dish and sprinkle with teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Force garlic through a garlic press into a bowl, then whisk in oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Whisk in mayonnaise and spread over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish is just cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
More about "halibut with garlic recipes"
BAKED LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT - JO COOKS
4.4/5 (287)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 216 per serving
- Place the halibut fillet in the casserole dish, then flip it over to get some of the marinade on both sides. You can also cut the halibut fillet into smaller individual pieces, if preferred. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about 30 minutes to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the casserole dish and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
GARLIC-BUTTER BAKED HALIBUT - NEWPORT NATURAL HEALTH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GARLIC BUTTER HALIBUT FISH RECIPE | PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
4/5 (11)Calories 269 per servingCategory Dinner
BAKED HALIBUT - THE COZY APRON
CREAMY BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT WITH LEMON AND HERBS RECIPE
HALIBUT WITH GARLIC PARMESAN SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
PAN SEARED HALIBUT IN GARLIC WHITE WINE SAUCE • CIAOFLORENTINA
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED HALIBUT - TOTALLYCHEFS
10 EASY HALIBUT RECIPES! - THRIFTYFOODS.COM
25 BEST HALIBUT RECIPES FROM BAKED TO PAN-SEARED ...
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED HALIBUT - PORT AND FIN
LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT RECIPE - A CEDAR SPOON
BAKED HALIBUT WITH LIME, CILANTRO, GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE ...
PAN SEARED HALIBUT WITH BUTTER GARLIC LEMON SAUCE
ALMOND-CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER - AHEAD OF ...
HALIBUT WITH GARLICKY BEANS - MIDWEST LIVING
HALIBUT WITH LIME GARLIC SAUCE - SALU SALO RECIPES
PAN SEARED HALIBUT WITH BROWN BUTTER GARLIC SAUCE - THE ...
HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HALIBUT WITH GINGER AND SOY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS WITH BASIL GARLIC BUTTER | THRIFTY ...
LEMON HERB BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BLACKENED HALIBUT - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE AND NUTRITION ...
GRILLED HALIBUT STEAKS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PAN-SEARED HALIBUT (ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS) - MOMSDISH
LEMON GARLIC HALIBUT RECIPE WITH ROASTED POTATOES
PAN SEARED HALIBUT RECIPE WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #greek #easy #european #beginner-cook #fish #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #high-protein #low-carb #inexpensive #high-in-something #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #halibut #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook halibut with garlic butter?Lemon Garlic Butter: In a blender or food processor, blend together the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper until pureed. Add the butter and continue to blend until fully combined. Spread ½ tablespoon of the lemon garlic butter on the top surface of each halibut fillet, covering the surface completely.
How to make the perfect halibut steak sauce?Steps: For the lemon butter: Whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper, lemon zest and butter in a deep medium bowl until well blended (mixture will be like a thick sauce). Set aside until ready to use. For the halibut and crispy shallots: Comb ine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and garlic in an 8-by-8-by-2- inch glass dish.
How to make halibut fillet with crispy shallots?For the halibut and crispy shallots: Comb ine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and garlic in an 8-by-8-by-2- inch glass dish. Directions. Combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip ...
How to cook halibut filet mignon?Instructions. 1 Preheat oven to 450. Season halibut with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Place filets in a baking dish. Bake for 6 minutes. 2 Mix all topping ingredients together. Remove halibut from oven and spread Parmesan mixture over top and sides of fish. Turn oven to broil and cook for ...