HALIBUT WITH A PINE NUT CRUST
Recipe barely adapted from and with thanks to Kayln's Kitchen
Provided by Mary Younkin
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Let the fish fillets warm on the counter for at least half an hour prior to cooking them. You want them to be almost room temperature before placing them in the oven, this will help them cook through before the topping is too brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the fish in a large shallow baking pan. Mix together the pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, pesto and mayonnaise. Divide this mixture in half and then use a rubber scraper to spread the crust mixture over the top surface of each fillet. Pile it on so that all of the topping is used.
- Bake the fish 10-20 minutes, until the fish is firm to the touch and the crust begins to very lightly brown. The thickness of your fish will determine the cooking time. Serve hot with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the halibut dry with a paper towel. Spread the flour in 1 shallow dish, beat the egg with 2 tablespoons water in another, and put the Parmesan cheese in a third.
- Heat a medium oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter or oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Meanwhile, coat the halibut with flour, shaking off the excess; repeat with the egg mixture and Parmesan. Add the fish to the pan and cook until golden on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until slightly crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH WALNUT CRUST
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix walnuts, panko, and all herbs in small bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush each fish fillet with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle panko-herb mixture atop fish, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Roast fish until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes. If crisper topping desired, preheat broiler and broil fish about 1 minute, watching carefully to prevent burning. Transfer fish to plates; garnish with lemon wedges.
- *Available in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets and at Asian markets.
DIJON CRUSTED HALIBUT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and lemon juice. Stir in 1/4 cup bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly over fish.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted margarine, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the coated halibut.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 49.1 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 414.2 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST
This recipe was printed in our local paper. I tried it last night and had to share it! Halibut caught on longlines from certain regions may be sustainable according to seachoice.org, however, a better choice such as land farmed rainbow trout or Alaskan pollock would probably also be tasty!
Provided by horseplay
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 filets, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the pine nuts, Parmesan, basil, garlic, and olive oil.
- Place the fish filets on a baking tray (I used aluminum pie pans) skin side down. Salt the upper portions to your taste.
- Press the pine nut mixture onto the salted fish, patting it down to make it stick.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork and is opaque. Don't forget to scrape the brown crusty bits off the bottom of the pan - those are the tasty parts.
- I made this recipe for 2 using 2 fish filets and coating both sides of the fish with the mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.8, Fat 25.7, SaturatedFat 3.5, Cholesterol 134.8, Sodium 296.6, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.7, Protein 89.2
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT & PARMESAN CRUST
- 1. Salt and pepper both sides of the Halibut fillets. Lay on lightly oiled baking sheet. 2. Spread the Halibut fillets with the above pesto crust. Pat the pesto crust & press lightly to make it ahere. 3. If prepared an hour or so before baking - cover lightly with foil and refrigerate. Remove 15 min or so before baking to bring to room temp. BAKE: Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Bake in middle of oven for 10-15 minutes until fish is opaque all the way through and the pesto is lightly browned. (I left the foil on for approx. 10 min - then removed it for the balance of the baking time - then I turned the oven off And put the foil back on for approx. 5 min. and left it in the turned off oven My piece of fish was about ¾" thick sp you need to judge the baking time).
PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED HALIBUT
- Heat oven to 475° and brush a baking sheet with oil. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg and milk together. In a separate bowl, stir together parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, pepper and salt. Dip fish fillets in egg wash, and then dredge in flour mixture. Lay fish fillets in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Top with dabs of butter and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy and baked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.5, Fat 18.7, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 128.7, Sodium 417.6, Carbohydrate 10, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.4, Protein 49.5
More about "halibut with pine nut and parmesan crust recipes"
PINE NUT AND PARMESAN-CRUSTED HALIBUT - SUBEE'S …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH WALNUT CRUST RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST PARMESAN CRUSTED HALIBUT RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST NUT CRUSTED HALIBUT RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED WHITE FISH WITH PINE NUT, PARMESAN, AND PESTO …
HALIBUT WITH A PINE NUT CRUST RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | HALIBUT ...
HALIBUT FILLETS WITH PINE NUT PARMESAN CRUST RECIPE
RECIPES FOR HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST
PARMESAN-PESTO CRUSTED HALIBUT - PINK PARSLEY
PINE NUT CRUSTED HALIBUT RECIPE - AUSTIN ADVENTURES
PARMESAN CRUSTED HALIBUT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
PISTACHIO AND PINE NUT CRUSTED HALIBUT WITH PARSLEY AND
PISTACHIO AND PINE NUT-CRUSTED HALIBUT | THE SPLENDID TABLE
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST – THE BEST FREE …
ROASTED HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
PINE NUT CRUSTED HALIBUT - GO FOOD
PARMESAN CRUSTED HALIBUT… – YOU BETCHA CAN MAKE THIS!
BAKED PARMESAN CRUSTED HALIBUT (LOW CARB) - MAEBELLS
BAKED HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT, PARMESAN AND PESTO CRUST | SEAFOOD …
HALIBUT FILLETS WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
GARLIC PARMESAN BAKED HALIBUT - PORT AND FIN
PARMESAN BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE - LIFE CURRENTS
THE BEST WALNUT CRUSTED HALIBUT RECIPE — BITE ME MORE
PARMESAN HALIBUT - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
PINE NUT AND PARMESAN-CRUSTED HALIBUT | HALIBUT RECIPES, …
PARMESAN CRUSTED HALIBUT - SIZZLEFISH
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
HALIBUT WITH TOMATO PARMESAN CRUST - A PASSION FOR ENTERTAINING
HALIBUT WITH PINE NUT AND PARMESAN CRUST – 300,000+ RECIPES
PARMESAN CRUSTED BAKED HALIBUT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
HALIBUT WITH A PINE NUT CRUST - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
BAKED HALIBUT RECIPE MAYONNAISE AND PARMESAN CHEESE
PARMESAN-CRUSTED HALIBUT | HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
You'll also love