BEEF POT PIE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook bay leaf, oregano, onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft. Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, and meat.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until meat starts to brown. Pour in wine. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place in pie dish, sprinkle with parsley, and cover with pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 860.6 calories, Carbohydrate 53.4 g, Cholesterol 53.7 mg, Fat 57.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 279.5 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
EASY HAMBURGER POT PIE
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion powder, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir vegetables and soup into beef; heat to boiling. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, and egg with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour over hot beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 880 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
HAMBURGER POT PIE
This is a pure and simple comfort food without any pretense. When the sports seasons took over, my mum had to resort to easy calories to get our large family through each night. This one wins with kids of all ages, and is ultimately a decent base recipe for comfort food experimentation.
Provided by Jules1369
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix beef, onion soup mix, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Evenly divide meat mixture into the pie crusts and top with hash browns.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Allow pies to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.5 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 57.6 mg, Fat 30.5 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 17.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 442.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
GROUND BEEF POTPIE
A must-try for the meat-and-potato lover in your home, slices of this hearty meal-in-one are sure to satisfy. Best of all, our home economists used a refrigerated pastry crust to make it easy as pie.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the potatoes, broth and seasonings. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. , Place pastry over filling; crimp edges to seal. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 15g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 539mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
HAMBURGER POTPIE WITH HOMEMADE CRUST
The flaky, buttery crust is only the beginning! Hiding inside is hamburger heaven with potatoes and some veggies. I make the crust in my stand mixer which makes it so easy! This dish is sure to win anyone over!! Who doesn't like meat and potatoes!!
Provided by Marcie L.
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Flaky Crust:.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the flour, sugar and salt. Do not scoop the flour to measure because this will pack it and result in to much flour. Stir flour to loosen and spoon into a measuring cup. Level off with the back of a knife. Put this in the freezer. In a separate bowl cube the butter and put in the refrigerator to keep ice cold. Measure your water and put it in the freezer to get ice cold. Do not freeze. The key to a flaky crust is keeping the ingredients cold and not over mixing.
- Using the paddle attachment on low speed mix your flour mixture just to incorporate. Add the cold butter and mix on medium low speed until your mixture is sandy looking with some chunks of butter left. It will resemble sand that's drying out with the chunks of butter throughout. With the mixer off add 1/2 cup of the cold water and mix on low. Add remaining water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is crumbly and still some chunks of butter. You may not need the entire cup of water so stop adding and mixing when you can form a crumbly dough in your hand.
- Lightly flour your work surface. I use a pastry mat that has pie measurements on it but it's not required. Dump your crumbly dough pieces onto your floured surface and bring pieces together by patting them down, not kneading. Flatten the mixture with your hands and fold. Do this a few times until you have a solid dough with some chunks of butter throughout. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. While your dough is resting start on the filling.
- Hamburger filling:.
- In a large skillet brown hamburger meat until no pink is left and drain. Peel the potatoes, dice them into small chunks and put them in a bowl with cold water. Rinse potatoes well to remove the extra starchyness and boil. Do not cook them all the way because you dont want mashed potatoes. You want them to stay in small chunks, so remove them and drain right before they are fully cooked. They will finish cooking in the oven. Put them in a bowl and place in the refrigerator so they stay firm and stop cooking. Next chop the onion and celery and mince the garlic. In your skillet with a little butter sautee the onion and celery until translucent. Add the matchstick carrots and sautee about 2 more minutes, then add the garlic and sautee on low about 3 more minutes. In the same skillet with the onion mixture add the cooked hamburger meat and combine. Add the soup mix, water, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir. I use Lipton Recipe Secrets, beefy onion soup mix. The box contains 2 envelope and I add both to the meat mixture. Once this is all combined remove from heat and add your potatoes and lightly stir. You can leave this in the skillet until ready to use or put it in a bowl, as long as it cools down.
- Rolling your pie crust:.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Cut dough in half with a bench scraper or knife. Starting with 1 half, on a lightly floured surface roll your dough. Roll dough away from you and turn it to roll in another direction. Do not continue to roll by turning your body. Roll and turn dough, this will keep it from sticking to your work surface. Continue rolling until the dough is big enough for a 9 inch deep dish pie pan, so about 11 inches. Repeat this step with the other half of your dough.
- Assembling your potpie:.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. Lay half of your pie crust in the pie dish and lightly form crust to dish with your hands. You will have some over hanging and that's what you want. Add your meat filling to the pie dish then carefully place the top crust over the filling. Cut off extra dough if any by leaving about 1/4 inch overhang. This will give you a nice thick, buttery outer crust. Using your fingers, gently fold top crust over bottom crust to seal the pie. Make sure it is sealed all the way around your dish to prevent the filling from bursting out. Once it is completely sealed you can flute the edges with a fork or use your fingers to flute. Since I make a thick outer crust for this pie I like to use my fingers instead. Using your index finger press against the pie edge and use your thumb and index finger on the other hand to push the dough up around your index finger on the other hand. Do this around the entire edge of your pie to form a bigger flute for thick crust. Cut 4 small slits in the top of the dough to allow steam to escape during cooking to prevent the pie from bursting out of the sides. Place the pie in your freezer for about 20 minutes prior to cooking. This will keep your pie crust flaky and soft.
- Cooking your potpie:.
- With your oven rack on the bottom position closest to the burner preheat your oven to 350°F. Beat 2 eggs in a small bowl. Remove your pie from the freezer and brush the entire top crust with the egg wash with a basting brush. Bake on bottom rack just until top crust starts to slightly brown. Turn oven up to 375°F and move oven rack to middle position. Finish baking pie on middle rack until top crust is done and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
More about "hamburger potpie with homemade crust recipes"
30-MINUTE SKILLET BEEF POT PIE RECIPE (QUICK & EASY!) - OH ...
3.9/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory 100 + BEST Easy Beef Recipes For DinnerCalories 481 per serving
COUNTRY BEEF POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (90)Category EntreeServings 6Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and onion; cook and stir until beef is browned. Drain.
- In small bowl, combine gravy, cornstarch, sugar and pepper; mix well. Add to beef in skillet. Stir in vegetables and potatoes. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are thawed, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; sprinkle with sesame seed.
BEEF POT PIE ~ EASY & FROM-SCRATCH! • FIVEHEARTHOME
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 320 per serving
- Set a large pot or Dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and allow to melt together; swirl the pan to coat. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and carrots and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Remove the veggies to a bowl or plate and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the empty pot. Cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as the meat cooks; drain the grease and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour over the cooked beef and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the veggies back to the pot.
- Pour in the beef broth, then add the half-and-half and the wine (if using). Stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the pot. Increase the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue to stir occasionally while the mixture simmers for a minute or two, or until thickened. Stir in the thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Stir in the cubed potato and the frozen green peas, then remove the pot from the heat.
SHIRLEY'S GROUND BEEF POT PIE | AT MIMI'S TABLE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- In 12" skillet, brown ground meat until pinkness is gone. Drain ground meat in a colander and set aside.
- Return skillet to the cooktop. Over medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and carrots. Stir and saute until onions are translucent.
EASY GROUND BEEF POT PIE RECIPE - BACK TO MY SOUTHERN ROOTS
Reviews 122Calories 277 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- In a separate bowl, combine cooked ground beef, cooked (or frozen) cubed potatoes, frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, and salt and pepper.
GROUND BEEF POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (63)Category EntreeServings 6Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Stir in potatoes, carrots and gravy. Cook 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; cover edge of crust with foil.
BEEF PIE RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF - SAVORY WITH SOUL
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 384 per serving
- First, you will boil your potatoes for 5 minutes in water that just covers the potatoes. Don't fully cook - just needs to be a bit softened. Will finish cooking in the oven.
- Meanwhile, you will cook the ground beef until browned. Drain off any excess fat. Then add garlic, marjoram, oregano, and paprika and saute a bit longer (3-5 minutes) on low-medium heat.
HAMBURGER POT PIE RECIPE - HEAVENLY HOMEMAKERS
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
EASY BEEF POT PIE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
4.3/5 (11)Total Time 55 minsServings 4Calories 524 per serving
10 BEST GROUND BEEF PIE WITH PIE CRUST RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST HAMBURGER PIE WITH PIE CRUST RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF POT PIE RECIPE - SMART SAVVY LIVING
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCuisine Main DishCalories 345 per serving
- Brown 1 - 1.5 lbs ground beef in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once the beef is almost cooked through, drain excess fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons of fat in the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and add 1 chopped onion, 3 chopped potatoes, 1 lb sliced mushrooms, and 2 chopped garlic cloves and let cook another 5 - 10 minutes until the onion starts turning translucent, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne, if desired.
- Turn the heat back to medium-high and stir in 1.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, beef broth (make sure to set aside 2/3 cup), and 1/2 teaspoon beef base, if desired. Go easy on beef base as it will add extra salt that can be too much before you realize it. Let simmer another 10 - 15 minutes until potatoes are just fork tender. While it simmers preheat your oven to 375°F.
EASY BEEF POT PIE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (3)Calories 342 per servingTotal Time 43 mins
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain well. Stir in potatoes, mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, and stewed tomatoes. Bring to boiling, then remove from heat. Meanwhile, unfold piecrust; cut into eight wedges.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, spreading evenly. Place half of the pastry wedges along one long side of the dish, with points toward center, overlapping wedges slightly at the base. Repeat with the remaining pastry wedges on opposite side. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
SIMPLE BEEF POT PIE | LEMONS + ZEST
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 434 per serving
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and allow to heat up until glistening. Add ground beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Once beef is cooked, drain excess oil. Stir in a medium bowl along with soups, veggies, thyme, garlic, pepper and desired amount of salt.
CHEESY HAMBURGER PIE RECIPE-EASY ONE SKILLET DINNER ...
5/5 (1)Category Main DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 459 per serving
- Meanwhile, make your pie crust but do not bake it. Press it into a deep dish pie plate and finished the edge as desired. Poke several holes in the crust bottom.
- When the hamburger concoction is cooked; drain it well and pour the whole of it into a large bowl. Add in the beaten eggs and thoroughly mix it up.
HAMBURGER CORN PONE PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
HAMBURGER POTPIE WITH HOMEMADE CRUST RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEEF POT PIE BISCUIT CRUST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
HAMBURGER POT PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HAMBURGER POTPIE WITH HOMEMADE CRUST RECIPES
RECIPE USING HAMBURGER MEAT - EAZYCOUPONS.COM
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH HOMEMADE CRUST – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
BEEF POT PIE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
#time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a hamburger pot pie?Stir vegetables and soup into beef; heat to boiling. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole. In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, and egg with wire whisk or fork until blended. Pour over hot beef mixture. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
How do you make a pie crust with ground beef?Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed.
How long do you bake a beef pot pie?Place the pie crust over the beef mixture and crimp the edges to seal. Cut slits in the top of the crust with a knife. Bake for 35 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot and the crust is golden brown. I look over ALL recipes from beginning to end before trying them.
Can you make a cheesy Hamburger pie in a skillet?Cheesy hamburger pie is a one dish hamburger casserole recipe made in a skillet. If you prefer Pie plate instructions also included. Make it with my simple homemade coconut oil pie crust.