When you're looking for a fast, flavorful meal, look no further than fish! Parmesan cheese and special seasonings add a bit of an Italian flair to these fillets. Not only is this recipe low in fat, it's delicious as well. So it's sure to please everyone in the family.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place fish in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fish. , Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 9g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 753mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MOUTH-WATERING OVEN-FRIED FISH
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly.
- Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs.
- Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 83.3, Sodium 241.5, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 35.2
HEART-HEALTHY OVEN "FRIED" FISH
This recipe came from a "heart-healthy" class that my wife and I attended a few years back. The recipe was offered by professional dietitians who didn't seem too radical in their approach to cooking. In other words, they didn't hesitate to add small amounts of herbs, spices, etc., which would make the dishes tasteful, such as the celery salt in this recipe. Enjoy this one!
Provided by Bone Man
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse and pat each fillet dry with paper towels. Measure the thickness (thickest place) of your fish fillets.
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Stir together the bread crumbs, corn meal, celery salt, and red pepper. Add the canola oil (or peanut oil) to this mix and blend with a fork. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the water and egg white together and then brush one side of each fillet with the egg white. Dip each fillet in the bread crumb mixture on the egg white side.
- Spray a baking pan with the cooking spray and place the fillets, crumb side up, in the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes for each 1/2" thickness of fish, or, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
More about "heart healthy oven fried fish recipes"
OVEN-FRIED FISH & CHIPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (18)Total Time 45 mins
- Position racks in upper and lower third of oven; preheat to 425 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Set a wire rack on another large baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a colander. Thoroughly rinse with cold water, then pat dry completely with paper towels. Toss the potatoes, oil and 3/4 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning in a large bowl. Spread on the baking sheet without the rack. Bake on the lower oven rack, turning every 10 minutes, until tender and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grind cornflakes in a food processor or blender or crush in a sealable plastic bag. Transfer to a shallow dish. Place flour, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon Cajun (or Creole) seasoning and salt in another shallow dish and egg whites in a third shallow dish. Dredge fish in the flour mixture, dip it in egg white and then coat all sides with the ground cornflakes. Place on the prepared wire rack. Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish on the upper oven rack until opaque in the center and the breading is golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
CRISPY OVEN FRIED FISH FILLETS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
- In a shallow dish combine all breading ingredients (I mix the ingredients in a medium bowl then transfer to a plate and just use as needed for each fish fillet this way the crumbs will remaining crispy and if you have any leftover you can save for the next time).
CRUNCHY OVEN FRIED FISH RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4/5 (12)Servings 4
HOW TO COOK FISH WITH BEST OVEN FRIED FISH RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FISH AND CHIPS | HEALTHY DINNER RECIPES - HEART FOUNDATION
SKINNY OVEN-FRIED FISH WITH TARTAR SAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Pulse the bread in a food processor to make your own bread crumbs. Bake the bread crumbs on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for about 6 to 8 minutes watching carefully and stirring often until golden.
- Transfer the toasted bread crumbs to a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup of tartar sauce, 1/4 cup of flour, egg whites, mustard, parsley, and cayenne pepper until fully incorporated. In a third dish, place the remaining 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper and stir to evenly incorporate.
- Once you are done baking the bread crumbs, raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees. Prepare to bake the fish by lining a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack inside the baking sheet over the foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. (Don’t forget this step; it’s important!)
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED FISH FILETS - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
4.4/5 (64)Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In two more separate shallow dishes, place the beaten eggs and the panko bread crumbs.
HEALTHY OVEN FRIED HADDOCK - JUGGLING WITH JULIA
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and place a cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Whisk egg and water together in a shallow bowl. Put the crushed cornflakes and flour in two separate shallow bowls as well.
- For each haddock fillet, first dredge in flour, and shake off excess. Next, dip it in the egg mixture until all sides are covered. Then, press the fillet into the corn flakes, making sure to cover the entire fillet. Place each fillet on the cookie rack/baking sheet.
PANKO-CRUSTED OVEN-"FRIED" FISH RECIPE | HEALTH.COM
- Preheat oven to 450°. Soak fillets in buttermilk. Coat bottom of a 13- x 9-inch metal baking pan with 1 tablespoon of oil; set aside. Put panko on a plate; add salt and pepper, and mix well to combine.
- When oven is hot, pull fish from buttermilk; let it drain. Dredge still-wet fish in panko, patting to make sure panko adheres, then lay fillets in the prepared pan; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Bake fish in top third of oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish; it will be crisp and golden on the outside and tender and opaque inside when done.
CRISPY OVEN FRIED FISH RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
- Prep: Preheat oven to 430°F (220°C). Put a dark-colored roaster OR baking sheet in the oven to heat up - the pan you use to bake the fish on needs to be hot to melt butter on!
- Bread fish: Dip fish into breading to lightly coat. THEN coat fish with egg. FINALLY, coat fish with breading again, this time you can really pack on as much as will stick! (Just place breaded fish pieces on a plate until you've breaded them all.)
OVEN-FRIED FISH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating; set aside.
- Stir together bread crumbs, cornmeal, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add oil, tossing to combine. Brush one side of each fish fillet with egg white, then dip in bread crumb mixture. Place fish fillets, crumb sides up, in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 500 degree F. oven for 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. If desired, serve with tomato slices and garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings.
MOUTH-WATERING OVEN-FRIED FISH | MYPLATE
Cholesterol 64 mgTotal Calories 158Saturated Fat 1 gTotal Fat 3 g
HEALTHY FISH RECIPES TO ADD TO THIS WEEK'S MEAL PLAN ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
HEALTHY FRIED FISH & CHIPS - BLACKDOCTOR.ORG - WHERE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
OVEN FRIED CATFISH – A HEALTHY RECIPE! | DELTA PRIDE ...
CRISPY OVEN-FRIED FISH RECIPE - HEALTHY LIVING KRAFT ...
OVEN "FRIED" FISH AND CHIPS | SOSCUISINE
RECIPE: HOW TO PUT ON A HEART HEALTHY FISH FRY - YOUTUBE
HEART FISH RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
HEALTHY BAKED FISH RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SEAFOOD > MOUTH-WATERING OVEN-FRIED FISH
HEALTHY EATING RECIPES HOME > SEAFOOD
HEART-HEALTHY HOME COOKING AFRICAN AMERICAN STYLE
WEIGHT WATCHER OVEN FRIED FISH RECIPES
HEART HEALTHY FISH RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients for oven fried fish?Ingredients for Oven Fried Fish: Firm skinless fish fillets (I used cod), breadcrumbs, fine cornmeal, flour, butter OR oil OR cooking spray, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, ground paprika, salt & pepper, baking powder. Fish: I prefer skinless cod for this recipe, because the fillets are quite thick and firm.
How long do you bake fried fish in the oven?Bake: Bake fish for 10 minutes. Flip, add remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and finish baking for 5-10 minutes or until coating is crispy and fish is cooked through. Finish under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Finish: Let fish pieces rest on the pan for 5 minutes after baking, then serve immediately.
Which is healthier to fry fish or bake it?If you’re looking for a healthier version of this classic recipe that doesn’t sacrifice on taste or texture, then it is better to bake the fish than fry it. Fried, battered fish and chips is not healthy by most standards due to the amount of oil involved in deep frying.
How long to cook panko crusted fish in oven?Bake fish in top third of oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish; it will be crisp and golden on the outside and tender and opaque inside when done. Serve 1 fillet on each of 4 plates with lime wedges and 1/4 of new potatoes and ketchup.