HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
Rather than roast an entire bird, try Ina Garten's Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast for a flavorful alternative. Rosemary, sage and thyme star in this recipe.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. (I test in several places.) If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil. When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.
HERBED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl and crush them up together.
- In another bowl, whisk soup together with water.
- Put 2 tsp of the spice mixture in the soup, stir well.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour half of the soup mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Place turkey breast pieces on top of soup.
- Sprinkle remaining spices on top of turkey and rub in gently.
- (I also used the tip of a sharp knife to carve some lines in the turkey in hopes that the spice would soak in, not sure if that was really needed or not).
- Pour remaining soup mixture over turkey.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 40-45 more minutes.
- Cut into breast to make sure juices flow clear and there is no pink showing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.6, Fat 1.3, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 112.6, Sodium 556.4, Carbohydrate 1.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.3, Protein 44.9
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH SPICY HERB OIL
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the legs, thighs, and wings from the turkey (reserve for Round Two Recipe).
- In a bowl, stir together the oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic powder, chile powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Drizzle a spoonful of the herb oil under the skin of the turkey and rub into the breast. Spoon the remaining herb oil on the outside of the turkey breast and rub into the skin.
- Pour the broth into the bottom of the roasting pan fitted with a rack. Place the turkey breast onto the rack and roast in the oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F and cook until the skin is browned and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving so the temperature rises to 180 degrees F.
HERB 'N' SPICE TURKEY BREAST
This nicely seasoned turkey breast from our Test Kitchen is a great accompaniment to goose at Thanksgiving. Or prepare it throughout the year for a delicious dinner on its own.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, salt, sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper and allspice. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast., Spread half of the brown sugar mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread the remaining brown sugar mixture over the skin., Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in prepared pan. , Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 243mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 34g protein.
SLICED TURKEY BREASTS WITH HERBS
- Place each turkey breast steak between sheets of clear plastic wrap and pound lightly and evenly with a meat pounder or flat mallet to make the slices about 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the sliced turkey with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet large enough to hold the turkey in one layer, or use two smaller pans. Add the sliced turkey and the garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, turning the pieces until lightly browned on both sides. Do not overcook.
- Remove the turkey slices to a warm platter. Leave the garlic, bay leaf and thyme in the pan. Add the wine to the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom and sides of the skillet. Cook until it is reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and boil briskly until reduced by half.
- Swirl in the remaining butter and the parsley. Add the turkey slices and any juices that have accumulated around it, and reheat the turkey through. Remove bay leaf, and serve with the garlic cloves and the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1016, UnsaturatedFat 37 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 76 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 71 grams, SaturatedFat 30 grams, Sodium 967 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERBS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Loosen the skin from the meat of the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast into a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven with a lid and pour chicken stock over the meat. Mix melted butter with chicken bouillon granules, sage, savory, rosemary, and thyme in a bowl. Lift the loosened skin and pour slightly more than half the butter-herb mixture under the skin. Pour remaining herb mixture over the skin. Cover the pot.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 3 hours; flip turkey breast over and roast 1 more hour; flip again and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), 1 additional hour (5 hours in all). Baste turkey with pan drippings and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.5 g, Cholesterol 126 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 58.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1233.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "herb n spice turkey breast recipes"
SPICED ROAST TURKEY - IMMACULATE BITES
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST (LOW FODMAP) — IBS GAME CHANGER
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - THE KITCHEN GIRL
ROAST TURKEY BREAST (W/ HERBS & GARLIC) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - MINDFULLY WELL
HERB SEASONING FOR TURKEY BREAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
WHAT HERBS N SPICES USED TO SEASON TURKEY BREAST N CAVITY?
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB INFUSED BUTTER - A BLOSSOMING LIFE
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HERB AND SPICE TURKEY DELI MEAT
10 BEST SEASONING TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLIC HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - THE BUSY BAKER
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST [+ VIDEO] - OH SWEET BASIL
HERBED TURKEY BREAST | CANADIAN LIVING
CROCKPOT TURKEY BREAST WITH HERBS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC RECIPE - EATINGWELL
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | RECIPES
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - RECIPETIN EATS
CITRUS HERB ROAST TURKEY BREAST - MOM ON TIMEOUT
GARLIC AND HERB ROAST TURKEY BREAST - THE SEASONED MOM
HERB INFUSED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | I CAN COOK THAT
HERB 'N' SPICE TURKEY BREAST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - YOU'RE GONNA BAKE IT AFTER ALL
JUICIEST ROAST TURKEY BREAST- EASY RECIPE & TUTORIAL | THE ...
HOW TO SEASON A TURKEY | ALLRECIPES
HERB 'N' SPICE TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST SPICES FOR TURKEY BREAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
PRESSED HERBS AND SPICES TURKEY BREAST - THE YOUNGRENS
HERB AND SPICE RUBBED TURKEY RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
JUICIEST GARLIC HERB ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | RECIPE CART
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER - EATWELL101
PIN ON FOOD
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - SALTPEPPERSKILLET.COM
HERB ‘N’ SPICE TURKEY BREAST - PLAIN.RECIPES
BRINED AND HERB BUTTER ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH THE BEST EASY …
OVEN ROASTED DRY RUBBED TURKEY BREAST | LAST INGREDIENT
SIMPLE HERB AND GARLIC ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
TURKEY BREAST SPICE RUB RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GARLIC HERB BUTTER SLOW COOKER TURKEY BREAST - RECIPETIN EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook turkey breast with garlic and herbs?Add chopped (or dried) herbs, salt, and pepper; mash with a fork to form a paste. Scatter lemon slices and herb sprigs, if using, in a 9x13-inch roasting or baking pan. Loosen the skin on the turkey breast and spread all but 1 tsp. of the garlic paste under it, massaging the paste into the meat.
How to cook a Turkey Breast Roast?Watch how to make this recipe. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat.
What is herb and spice turkey breast deli meat?The Herb and Spice Turkey Breast Deli Meat is sliced thinly for sandwiches Sliced and Portioned Turkey Breast is stored in plastic zipper bags ready for sandwich making. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage. Learning how to make this Herb and Spice Turkey Deli Meat for your family will be an excellent new technique.
What do you put on a turkey breast with cream cheese?Combine butter, whipped cream cheese spread, soy sauce, parsley, basil, sage, thyme, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl until smooth. Brush herb mixture over the turkey breast.