RIDICULOUSLY EASY HERB COMPOUND BUTTER
Bread and butter, like tomatoes and pasta, are such a perfect pairing that we take them for granted. Not anymore! An herb compound butter will wake up your taste buds and renew your appreciation for this duo. Besides, plussed-up butter is the easiest way to elevate a special dinner, especially in summer when the gardens and markets are bursting with fresh herbs. Chives, rosemary, oregano and garlic star in this recipe but really you could go in any direction you wish-lemon zest is a wonderful addition to compound butter.
Provided by By Paula Jones
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto piece of cooking parchment paper. Roll to create log shape. Twist ends of paper to seal.
- Refrigerate log until firm, about 3 hours. Slice into "coins" to serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER
A compound butter - a stick of butter seasoned with herbs, lemon and garlic or shallots - is one of the most versatile things to keep on hand. You can store it in the freezer, then slice it whenever you want to add herby richness to a dish. Use it on steak, fish, chicken or even mashed or roasted sweet potatoes. And feel free to vary the herbs to suit your taste. For a kick, a pinch or two of chile powder or a drizzle of hot sauce would do the trick. This recipe is part of The New Essentials of French Cooking, a guide to definitive dishes every modern cook should master. Buy the book.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories sauces and gravies
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, mash together butter, shallots or garlic, herbs, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, form into a log and wrap well. Chill for at least 3 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 104, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 41 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Chop the butter into uniform chunks using the dough scraper.
- Place the oil into the food processor and add the chives. Process until the chives are finely chopped. Add the remaining herbs and blend until the herbs have colored the oil. Using the whisk attachment, whip the butter in the mixer?s work bowl at medium speed until it softens and lightens in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the herb oil to the butter and beat for another 2 minutes until oil is fully incorporated. Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a log, using the edge of a baking sheet to form a tight log. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
If you've ever purchased herbs for a recipe and you have some left over, put them to good use by making an herb butter. This recipe uses parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme, because I have them growing in my garden. If your family prefers a different combination, go ahead and substitute what they like. The ratio is 1/2 cup of butter to 1/4 cup minced herbs, so use any herbs you like. Simply place a portion on top of a cooked steak, just like a fancy steakhouse would do.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Compound Butters
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place 7 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir cooked garlic into reserved softened butter.
- Press minced fresh herbs into the garlic-butter mixture using a rubber spatula, stirring and pressing until evenly distributed. Season with sea salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firmed up, about 20 minutes.
- Turn mixture out onto a 9x12-inch strip of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Form mixture into a log, about 6 inches long and 1 inch thick. Roll herb butter up in the foil or parchment, twisting the ends and closing with a twist tie or rubber band.
- Return to the refrigerator until firmed up, about 40 minutes.
- Slice into 8 equal portions and serve on top of steak or other dishes. Wrap and refrigerate any leftovers up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.8 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 57.3 mg
More about "herbed compound butter recipes"
HOW TO MAKE HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER (SO EASY!) | TABLE …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 100 per serving
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter then put butter on top. Fold the plastic wrap around it and shape it into a log. Twist ends to seal then pop in the refrigerator to firm up. Cut and use how you wish.
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (3)Servings 8Cuisine American, FrenchCategory Component
9 COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPES FOR STEAK, CHICKEN OR FISH
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER FOR STEAK - SPEND WITH …
BEAUTIFUL HERB BUTTER RECIPES - STONEGABLE
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER - USING FRESH HERBS
EASY COMPOUND BUTTER (OR HERBED BUTTER) - OH SWEET …
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | THE FOOD CAFE
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER: 8 RECIPES AND SUGGESTED USES
GARLIC HERB BUTTER RECIPE | BERLY'S KITCHEN
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
EASY ITALIAN HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | KETODIET BLOG
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER | COOKSTR.COM
FRESH HERB BUTTER RECIPE WITH VARIATIONS - THE SPRUCE …
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - DR. AXE
5/5 (3)Category ToppingCuisine FrenchTotal Time 459699 hrs 8 mins
HERB INFUSED COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
COMPOUND BUTTER - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER — REAL GOOD GREENS
COMPOUND BUTTER FOR STEAKS - VINDULGE
HOMEMADE COMPOUND HERB BUTTER (3 WAYS!) - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
GARLIC & HERB COMPOUND BUTTER IN 3 EASY STEPS - THISTLE DOWNS …
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB COMPOUND BUTTER - THE TOASTY KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE COMPOUND BUTTER (FOR STEAK & MORE!) | WHOLESOME …
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB COMPOUND BUTTER | BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER WITH GARLIC SCAPES - THE RUSTIC ELK
COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE | BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES
HERB BUTTER WITH GARLIC (COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE) - MY CREATIVE …
HERB AND GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER - PEEL WITH ZEAL
FRESH HERB COMPOUND BUTTER FOR TURKEY - SAVVY SAVING COUPLE
FRESH HERB BUTTER (COMPOUND BUTTER) - MOMMY HATES COOKING
EASY HERB BUTTER - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
HERB BUTTER (TURKEY BUTTER) + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE - FAT GIRL HEDONIST
HOW TO MAKE COMPOUND BUTTER (6 RECIPES!)
HERB AND GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER - CHEF BILLY PARISI
HERB COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPE [+VIDEO HOW TO] | MASALAHERB.COM
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER (FROM ANY FRESH HERBS)
GARLIC HERB COMPOUND BUTTER - NUTMEG NANNY
GARLIC HERB BUTTER - THE COUNTRY COOK
COMPOUND BUTTER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC AND CHIVE HERB COMPOUND BUTTER - THE PRACTICAL …
You'll also love