POTATOES AU GRATIN
Provided by Aaron McCargo Jr.
Yield 4 to 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, add butter. Stir in the flour until pasty. Add milk; stir to remove lumps and let cook for 6 minutes until it gets thick. Lower heat and add the cheese, bouillon, nutmeg and black pepper. Whisk until well combined and sauce thickens, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine butter, panko and smoky paprika. Stir well.
- Place potatoes into a casserole dish. Pour cheese over potatoes and sprinkle au gratin on top. Wrap with foil and bake in oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 10 minutes uncovered. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
HERBES DE PROVENCE POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and slice them really thinly using a plastic mandoline.
- Generously butter a 12-inch ovenproof baking or gratin dish (about 2 1/2 to 3-quarts).
- In a small saucepan, bring the half-and-half, garlic cloves and herbes de Provence to a simmer. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in an overlapping layer on the bottom of the dish. Season the layer generously with salt and pepper. Scatter lightly with some of the grated cheese. Make another potato and cheese layer, finishing with a most generous cheesing.
- Press the layers down gently. Pour the half-and-half mixture over the potato layers and fill the dish up to the top of the potatoes. Cover the dish loosely with foil so it is not touching the cheese on top and bake 30 minutes, uncover and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
- Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
POTATO GRATIN WITH CREAM AND FRESH HERBS
Provided by Patrick Corrigan
Categories Milk/Cream Herb Potato Side Bake Casserole/Gratin Winter Chive Bon Appétit Santa Monica California Sugar Conscious Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Place potatoes, cream, milk, chives, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large pot. Cover and bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer potato mixture to prepared dish, overlapping top layer of potatoes in pattern, if desired. Cover dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until potatoes are tender, sauce bubbles thickly and top is brown, about 15 minutes. Let potatoes stand 10 minutes before serving.
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB POTATO GRATIN
When the menu calls for warm and cozy comfort food that's just a little different, try this roasted garlic and herb potato gratin recipe. Just a shade off of the traditional potato gratin, this casserole showcases surprisingly mellow roasted garlic, an herb-laced cream sauce, and Gouda cheese. This herbed potato gratin goes well with roast chicken or beef dishes and is a must-have accompaniment for big, family meals.
Provided by CHEF GRPA
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Place the garlic cloves in a small, ovenproof pan and drizzle them with the olive oil. Roast the garlic in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 35 to 45 minutes, until it is tender. Allow the garlic to cool for 10 minutes and then squeeze out the roasted garlic into a clean, medium-sized bowl.
- Mash the garlic with a fork until it's a smooth paste. Stir the crème fraiche, heavy cream, milk, salt, rosemary, sage, thyme, and ground black pepper until the mixture is smooth. Stir the grated Gouda cheese into the herbed cream mixture.
- Lower the oven heat to 350°F Butter a large baking dish and spread 2/3 cup of the herbed cream into the bottom of the dish. Layer half of the potatoes into the dish, and spread half of the remaining herbed cream onto the potatoes, and repeat the same process one more time. Press down on the top layer of potatoes, cover the pan with foil or a lid, and bake the gratin for 90 minutes. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- My Notes: This recipe calls for young Gouda cheese. Young Gouda can be easily identified by looking for a red or yellow wax wrapping. Aged Gouda, slighter bitter and stronger tasting, comes wrapped in black wax.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 760.1, Fat 59, SaturatedFat 34.8, Cholesterol 202.8, Sodium 866.4, Carbohydrate 42.1, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 2.7, Protein 18.7
HERBED POTATO GRATIN WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND MANCHEGO
I found this recipe in a magazine and have not tried it yet. However, it looks intriguing and I want to give it a go.
Provided by Chris Reynolds
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 357 degrees. In a cake pan, drizzle garlic with oil. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes, until tender. Let cool, then squeeze out cloves. Mash the garlic to a paste and transfer to saucepan.
- Add half-and-half, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil and simmer over very low heat until reduced to 3 cups, approximately 20 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1/4 of the potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with 1/4 of the grated cheeses and drizzle lightly with the garlic cream.
- Repeat layering in the same way with the rest of the ingredients. Pour any remaining cream on top and press top layer of potatoes to submerge.
- Bake gratin for about 1-1/2 hours, until golden and bubbling. Let cool twenty minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.9, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 40.6, Sodium 120.3, Carbohydrate 46.6, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 2.1, Protein 9.2
HERBED CHEESE AU GRATIN POTATOES
This over-the-top decadent casserole is super easy to make.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Make potatoes as directed on box for stove-top directions, reserving butter for topping. Stir in cheese until combined; pour mixture into baking dish.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Toast bread crumbs in butter about 5 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Sprinkle with chives. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 620 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
CHEESE & HERB AU GRATIN POTATOES
Made extra special with the addition of shredded cheese and fresh thyme, these delicious cheesy au gratin potatoes make the perfect side to a spring meal.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Add potatoes and sauce mixes (from potato mix boxes) and boiling water, stirring well. Stir in half-and-half, pepper and thyme; stir in cheeses.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (sauce will thicken as it stands).
- Garnish with additional thyme, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "herbed potato gratin recipes"
HERBED POTATO GRATIN WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND MANCHEGO …
5/5 Total Time 3 hrsServings 12
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a 9-inch cake pan, drizzle the garlic with the oil. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes, until tender. Let cool, then squeeze out the cloves.
- Mash the garlic to a paste and transfer to a saucepan. Add the half-and-half, thyme and rosemary and bring to a boil. Simmer over very low heat until reduced to 3 cups, 20 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange one-fourth of the potatoes in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with one-fourth of the shredded cheeses and drizzle lightly with the garlic cream. Repeat the layering with the remaining potatoes, cheese and cream. Pour any remaining cream on top and press the top layer of potatoes to submerge it.
- Bake the gratin for about 1 1/2 hours, until golden and bubbling. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
HERB POTATO GRATIN | FOODLAND ONTARIO
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
INDIVIDUAL HERBED POTATO GRATINS WITH GRUYèRE - WILLIAMS …
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrServings 8
HERBED POTATO GRATIN · ERICA'S RECIPES
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HERBED POTATO GRATIN WITH GOUDA AND ROMANO - SARAH'S CUCINA BELLA
HERBED POTATO GRATIN — GELSON’S
TWO-POTATO HERBED GRATIN | JENNIE-O® RECIPES
HERBED POTATO GRATIN | RECIPE | HERBED POTATOES, RECIPES, FOOD
CHEESE & HERB AU GRATIN SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
GRUYERE POTATOES AU GRATIN - TARA TEASPOON
HERBED POTATOES AU GRATIN — THE HONEST SPOON
HERBED POTATO GRATIN, VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE | THE TOP KNOT KITCHEN
HERBED MASHED POTATO GRATIN | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
CHEESE HERB POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - SHOCKINGLY DELICIOUS
RISTORANTE TUSCANY SAVORY HERBED POTATO GRATIN - GOODTASTE WITH …
HERBED POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE | FREEZE DRIED GARLIC
HERBED AU GRATIN POTATOES | MRFOOD.COM
CREAMY HERB POTATOES GRATIN - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
CHEDDAR AND HERB MASHED POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
HERB AND SHALLOT POTATO GRATIN -GARRETT WEBER-GALE | FOOD & WINE
HERB POTATO AU GRATIN RECIPE A SAVOURY MUFFIN TREAT
HERBED POTATO GRATIN WITH GARLIC & MANCHEGO RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
HERBED POTATO GRATIN WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND MANCHEGO RECIPE
HERBED POTATO STACKS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
HERBED COCONUT MILK POTATOES AU GRATIN - THE ROASTED ROOT
HERB & PARMESAN POTATO GRATIN STACKS RECIPE | PEOPLE.COM
CREAMY HERBED POTATOES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
GARLIC AND HERB POTATO GRATIN - TARA'S MULTICULTURAL TABLE
HERBED POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
SCALLOPED POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH BACON WITH HERB CREAM!
GARLIC HERB POTATOES AU GRATIN - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
HERBED POTATO STACKS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HERBED AU GRATIN POTATOES – COCONUTMILKIDEAS
HERBED POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH PESTO - ALLY'S COOKING
CHEESY POTATO AND HERB GRATIN STACKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HERB POTATO GRATIN | POTATO GRATIN, RECIPES, POTATOES
HERBED SWEET POTATO GRATIN | HEATHER LIKES FOOD
SIMPLE HERBED POTATOES AU GRATIN WITH PROVOLONE CHEESE
DAIRY FREE SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
HERBED POTATO GRATIN | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love