EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) KUKU (PERSIAN EGGPLANT)
- Peel the eggplants, cut them lengthwise in quarters if they are large, and salt them to remove bitternes if necessary.
- Brush each side of the eggplant pieces with eggwhite to reduce the oil needed for frying.
- In a skillet, heat 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the eggplant and garlic and stir-fry 10 minutes longer, until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of oil into an 8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, saffron water, lime juice, baking powder, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Beat thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the eggplant, onion and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, until the edge is golden brown.
- Serve the kuku from the baking dish or unmold it by loosening the edge with a knife and inverting the dish onto a serving platter.
- Remove the parchment paper.
PERFECT EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) PARMESAN SECRETS
I don't like mushy eggplant so had to develop my own recipe. I've checked in Zaar and although there are some close to mine, there is just enough difference to make it worthwhile posting. When I'm having spaghetti, I always make enough sauce and freeze it so that I can have eggplant the following week or so. I don't peel eggplant but that's your choice.
Provided by CoolMonday
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Wash eggplant, dry, trim ends.
- Slice to 1/4 inch rounds.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Spread out in strainer over sink, or in bowl for 1 hour to drain moisture.
- Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put flour in flat dish, eggs in bowl, breadcrumbs in separate flat dish.
- Coat both sides of slices in flour.
- Dip in egg.
- Coat in breadcrumbs.
- Stack in separate dish.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Brown slices in oil a few at a time, may have to change oil if it gets too brown.
- Drain on papertowels (I just do this in layers).
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a couple of tablespoons of sauce on the bottom.
- Place a layer of eggplant (can be overlapped), spread sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Repeat layers till done. Takes me three layers, so divide all items in three.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 668.3, Fat 31.9, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 177.3, Sodium 1144.7, Carbohydrate 65.8, Fiber 10.6, Sugar 14.9, Protein 30.1
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake eggplant, cut sides down, in an oiled shallow baking pan until very tender, about 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scrape flesh into a food processor, discarding skin, and purée until smooth. Add egg yolks, cheese, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour melted butter into a 6-cup (1 1/2-quart) gratin dish or a 91/2-inch deep-dish pie plate and tilt to coat bottom. Beat egg whites with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt using an electric mixer at medium speed until they just hold stiff peaks. Fold one third of whites into eggplant mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Spoon into gratin dish. Bake until golden and puffed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Peel eggplants, reserving 4 long strips of peel to garnish top of kuku, and cut eggplants lengthwise into 1-inch-thick slices. Place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels, and sprinkle generously with salt. Turn slices over, and sprinkle again with salt. Let eggplants sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
- Heat broiler. Place eggplants on a rimmed baking sheet; brush both sides with olive oil. Broil about 6 inches from heat until golden brown on both sides,6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer eggplant to a bowl, and mash with a fork; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Add to bowl with mashed eggplant.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Combine eggs, parsley, saffron water, lime juice, baking powder, flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add to eggplant mixture, and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 5 minutes to heat oil. Pour eggplant mixture into pan, and place the reserved eggplant peel across the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan, and drizzle remaining tablespoon oil over the top. Return to oven, and bake until golden on top, about 20 minutes more.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool slightly before unmolding. Cut in wedges; serve warm or at room temperature.
KHORESH-E BADEMJOON (PERSIAN LAMB, EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STEW)
Bademjoon, sometimes spelled bademjan, is a quintessential summer dish in Iran, and it was a childhood favorite of mine. Fresh lemon juice and ghooreh, or unripe grapes, lighten the stew and lend a particularly tart punch. (Use fresh or frozen ghooreh if you can find either. You could also use pickled ghooreh, but be sure to rinse them well before using to rid them of excess salt.) Those sharp flavors contrast nicely with the soft, comforting texture of the eggplant and tomatoes, which grow silky as they cook down. This dish is particularly delicious with a piece of crunchy tahdig.
Provided by Samin Nosrat
Categories dinner, meat, soups and stews, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, season lamb with turmeric, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the eggplants but leave the green skin on the stem end intact. Trim the tips of the stems and make an incomplete lengthwise cut in each eggplant from the bottom, leaving both halves attached at the stem. Place eggplants in a colander set inside a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, set a large Dutch oven or similar pot over medium-high heat. When the pot is hot, add 3 tablespoons oil. When the oil shimmers, add onion and cook, stirring regularly, until softened and browned, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook, turning regularly, until it browns evenly on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 4 cups water and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, rinse the eggplants, dry thoroughly and set aside. Remove stems and halve tomatoes through their cores and set aside. Line a baking sheet with two layers of paper towels and set aside.
- Set a large frying pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add 1/4 cup oil and carefully lay eggplants in the pan in a single layer. It's crucial to leave space between each eggplant for steam to escape, so brown in batches if necessary. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, turning regularly, until eggplants are browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove browned eggplants to lined baking sheet and allow to drain.
- Use the same pan to brown tomatoes, cut-side down, in remaining 2 tablespoons oil for about 5 minutes. Flip and cook tomatoes on skin side until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove to lined baking sheet.
- Once the meat has cooked for 1 hour, stir in the tomato paste, saffron and 1/4 cup lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Carefully arrange the browned eggplants and tomatoes atop the stew and then sprinkle on the young grapes. Allow the stew to come to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, until meat is falling apart and stew is thick and unctuous, about 1 hour. Without jostling the eggplants too much, taste a spoonful or two of the stew. It should be pleasantly tart, so adjust the seasoning with salt and lime juice as needed.
- Serve hot, with Persian rice and mast-o khiar, as well as pickles, fresh herbs, scallions and radishes, if desired.
PERSIAN EGGPLANT STEW
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over eggplant.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplants until soft and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in stew meat, beef bouillon, cumin, and saffron; cook meat until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste until well mixed.
- Pour water and tomato sauce into the saucepan. Reduce heat to low and cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by half, about 2 hours 20 minutes. Stir in eggplants. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.9 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 62.5 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 26.2 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 2742.3 mg, Sugar 24.5 g
More about "eggplant aubergine kuku persian eggplant recipes"
EGGPLANT KUKU (PERSIAN FRITTATA) · FAITH MIDDLETON'S …
KUKU BADEMJAN کوکو بادمجان - PERSIAN MAMA
PERSIAN EGGPLANT STEW (KHORESH BADEMJAN) RECIPE
6 ASIAN-INSPIRED EGGPLANT RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY GREEK-STYLE EGGPLANT RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN …
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S AUBERGINE KUKU RECIPE - THE GUARDIAN
SAFFRON AND LEMONS: OTTOLENGHI'S EGGPLANT KUKU
PERSIAN EGGPLANT DIP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
AUBERGINE KUKU RECIPE | OTTOLENGHI RECIPES
AUBERGINE SHAKSHUKA (EGGPLANT SHAKSHUKA) | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) KUKU (PERSIAN EGGPLANT)
EGGPLANT KUKU - VEGGIES BY CANDLELIGHT
PERSIAN EGGPLANT DISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EGGPLANT KUKU (PERSIAN EGGPLANT) | TECHTEAM QA 9 WIKI | FANDOM
KASHKE BADEMJAN - PERSIAN EGGPLANT DIP - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
7 DELICIOUS PERSIAN STYLE EGGPLANT RECIPES RECIPE - PERSIANGOOD
10 BEST PERSIAN EGGPLANT RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED EGGPLANT - PERSIAN MAMA
COOK THIS: EGGPLANT AND CARAMELIZED ONION KUKU FROM BAZAAR
WORLD COMMON SIDE DISHES: EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) KUKU (PERSIAN …
MIRZA GHASEMI PERSIAN EGGPLANTS AND TOMATOES - UNICORNS IN THE …
KHORESH BADEMJAN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
KASHKE BADEMJAN RECIPE (PERSIAN EGGPLANT DIP) - COOKING COUNTY
OVEN ROASTED EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) | RECIPETIN EATS
KASHKE BADEMJAN (PERSIAN EGGPLANT DIP) - ALPHAFOODIE
EGGPLANT KUKU — NIK SHARMA
PERSIAN ROASTED EGGPLANT SALAD - VEGGIE DESSERTS
EGGPLANT AUBERGINE KUKU PERSIAN EGGPLANT RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
AT THE IMMIGRANT'S TABLE: BEST EGGPLANT SHAKSHUKA
PERSIAN GRILLED EGGPLANT - CHATELAINE
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) KUKU (PERSIAN EGGPLANT) - PLAIN.RECIPES
TORSHI 'YE BADEMJOON | PERSIAN EGGPLANT PICKLE - FIG & QUINCE
KUKU BADEMJAN - EGGPLANT FRITTATA WITH BARBERRIES - THE …
EGGPLANT KUKU - COOKINARY
PERSIAN VEGETARIAN EGGPLANT STEW – KHORESHTEH BADEMJAN
CHINESE EGGPLANT RECIPE - HOW TO COOK PERFECT EGGPLANT
EGGPLANT KUKU - RECIPES WIKI
PERSIAN EGGPLANT/AUBERGINE & BEEF STEW RECIPE - YOUTUBE
JOHN E. FINN’S PERSIAN EGGPLANT OMELET (KUKU-YE BADEMJAN)
You'll also love