GRILLED CHICKEN AND HERBS
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels, and pierce several times with a fork. Place chicken breasts into a large resealable plastic bag and pour in olive oil. Seal and shake bag to coat chicken with olive oil; add rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper to the bag, seal, and shake again to coat chicken with herbs.
- Grill chicken breasts on the preheated grill until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C, about 10 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 117 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 44.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 387.2 mg
SMOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
This is a delicious and different way to enjoy chicken breasts, with plenty of smoky flavor! Brining the chicken before smoking allows it to stay moist and flavorful. They are a great addition to a salad, on a sandwich, or just by themselves!
Provided by Kim
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine water, kosher salt, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Stir until salt and brown sugar are dissolved. Place chicken breasts into brine, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an electric smoker according to manufacturer's directions to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) using maple wood chips.
- Remove chicken breasts from brine and rinse under cold water. Pat dry. Combine salt, black pepper, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl. Sprinkle dry rub all over chicken breasts and place skin-side up on a grill rack in the preheated smoker. Place a drip pan underneath.
- Smoke chicken breasts in the preheated smoker until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 4 hours, adding maple wood chips as necessary to keep the smoke continuous. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 728.7 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 344.8 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 126.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 8680.6 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
STOVE TOP SMOKER BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS (WITH OR WITHOUT SKIN)
When it comes to serving smoked chicken as a main course, most people will offer boneless breasts for the centerpiece of a meal and use smoked thighs as an ingredient in soups, salads, and casseroles. I'm an exception to that rule, choosing legs over breasts for just about any chicken dish I'm preparing. Legs and thighs have more flavor and are easier to keep juicy, although with a stovetop smoker keeping the breasts juicy is less of a problem. From the cookbook "Smokin".
Provided by TxGriffLover
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Trim any fat from the breasts before seasoning them. If you're leaving the skin on in preparation for serving the crispy-skinned version, trim any overhanging skin and smooth the skin into an even layer over the chicken. If not, remove the skin before smoking the chicken.
- Boneless chicken breasts absorb a lot of flavor and watch well with a wide variety of wood. Use less of the more assertive wood like hickory or mesquite, or more of the milder wood chips like alder or cherry. Use 1 1/2 Tblsp hickory or mesquite OR 2 to 2 1/2 Tblsp alder or cherry wood chips.
- Season the chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a scant 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper each, adjusting that amount to your taste. Or rub a generous amount of your
- favorite rub into both sides of the chicken.
- Close the smoker lid and smoke the chicken breasts until an instant read thermometer registers 170ºF, 18-22 minutes for 6-oz/3/4-inch thick breasts, 22-25 minutes for 7-oz/1-inch thick breasts; 25-30 minutes for 8-oz, 1 1/4-inch thick breasts. Check for doneness with the instant read thermometer about 4 minutes before the end of the time.
- outlined above.
- For crispy-skinned chicken breasts, choose a nonstick pan large enough to hold the number of breasts you are serving. Heat it over medium-high heat a few minutes before the chicken breasts are done smoking. Lift the chicken with tongs from the smoker and lay them skin.
- side down in the pan. Cook until the skin is crispy and deep golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Four 7-oz chicken breasts will yield about 3 cups shredded chicken meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.1, Fat 21, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 145.2, Sodium 142.9, Protein 47.3
STOVE TOP SMOKER WHOLE SMOKED CHICKEN
- Trim any excess skin from the neck end of the chicken and pull out the giblets and any pockets of fat from the cavity.
- First brine your birds. Put the chicken(s) in a stockpot or Dutch oven. Pour in cold water, one quart at a time until the item is completely covered. Lift out the bird and stir in 3 tablespoons sea or kosher salt for every quart of water you have added. Return the chicken to the brine. Set the container of chicken and brine in the refrigerator. Brine for 1 1/2 hours per pound (minimum of 3 hours). Dry the chicken, and rub some freshly ground black pepper inside, also add some whole cloves of garlic and a few lemon wedges to the cavity.
- Start the chicken(s) breast side up on the smoker rack with the smoker on the stove top. Use 2 1/2 tablespoons cherry or oak wood chips OR 1 1/2 tablespoons hickory wood chips. Instead of the smoker cover, tent the smoker with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Smoke 40 minutes over medium heat.
- After the chicken(s) have been smoking 30 minutes, set the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 425ºF. When the chickens are done smoking, remove the aluminum foil and roast the chicken in the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh near the hip joint registers 170ºF, 30-60 minutes, depending on the size and quantity of the chicken(s).
- After they have rested for 5-10 minutes, serve hot or at room temperature. Leftover smoked chicken is delicious in chicken salad, casseroles, and sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581.6, Fat 42.6, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 196.1, Sodium 182.8, Carbohydrate 0.3, Protein 46.1
STOVE TOP SMOKER MESQUITE CHICKEN
Recipe collected from the internet. Mesquite and chicken are a match made in heaven. This recipe is designed to be used with a stove top indoor smoker. Be sure to read through the instructions before beginning. Plan ahead for marination time.
Provided by TxGriffLover
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make marinade, whisk together lemon juice, honey, vinegar, olive oil, thyme leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt until combined.
- Place chicken breasts in a large freezer zip-top bag. Pour in marinade, squeeze out all the air, and seal. Toss to coat chicken thoroughly with marinade and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle mesquite chips over the bottom of the smoker. Place drip pan over chips. (Line drip pan with foil for easier clean-up, but make sure the foil is pressed tightly to the pan so you don't disrupt the air-flow of the smoke.) Spray wire grill rack with vegetable oil and place in drip pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place skin-side up on grill rack in smoker. Sprinkle with additional kosher salt and paprika.
- Place smoker over stove-top burners as evenly as possible and offset lid so it is not tightly closed. Turn burner heat to high. When wisps of smoke begin to come through the opening, re-position the lid so it is tightly closed and turn heat to medium-low. Cook about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, until center tests 180°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- If you are serving the chicken with the skin on, you may wish to place the chicken under the broiler for browning. Invert the lid of the smoker and place the cooked chicken on the raised grate in the bottom of the lid. Place the chicken 6 inches from the broiler and brown 2 to 5 minutes. Let rest up to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for use in chicken salad.
- Yield: 6 servings (about 1/2 chicken breast per person).
- Notes: This recipe is designed to be used with an indoor smoker. Adapt at will. The wood chips are specially designed for indoor cookers. They are like roughly-ground sawdust, not the large The wood chips used on traditional outdoor smokers. Seldom are more than 1-1/2 tablespoons of chips used. Follow manufacturer's recommendations.
- When using this product on ceramic stove-tops, be very careful to lift the pan instead of dragging. The bottom of the cast iron pan may scratch the cooktop. The smoker is cast iron and very heavy. Use caution when moving the pan. If you drop it, you risk breaking a ceramic stove-top.
- If you are following a low-fat diet, simply remove the skin from the chicken after cooking, but do leave them on during the smoking process to help retain moisture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.6, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 145.3, Sodium 1597.3, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 6.3, Protein 47.5
STOVETOP SMOKED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
No grill? No problem! This indoor hack will help you achieve that summer BBQ flavor on your stovetop. Learn how to make your own stovetop smoker and delicious dry-rubbed smoked chicken drumsticks.
Provided by Tikeyah Whittle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Soak the applewood chips in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Drain before using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano, ground mustard, and brown sugar.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a large bowl and pat dry with a paper towel. Season the chicken with the dry rub and toss to coat evenly. Set aside while you build the stovetop smoker.
- Line a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot with a lid with 2-3 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spread the drained applewood chips in an even layer in the bottom of the pot and place the steamer basket on top.
- Place the pot over high heat. Once the wood chips start to lightly smoke, add the chicken drumsticks to the steamer basket, place another sheet of foil on top, and cover with the lid. Smoke the chicken over high heat for 8-10 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the chicken to sit in the smoker, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should register between 165-170°F (74-78°C).
- Arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven. Turn the broiler on high. Remove the chicken from the smoker, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and broil for 5-7 minutes, until the chicken has crisped and charred in spots. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 2 grams
Use fresh and dried herbs to create the perfect chicken recipe.
Provided by cookingmad236
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Dice the 4 chicken breasts, and pop the mixed herbs in a mixing bowl with 1 tbsp oil. Mix herbs in bowl and add the diced chicken. Then mix together and cover with cling film and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Take the herb chicken out the fridge and undo the cling film and leave to stand while you heat up the rest of the oil in a frying pan. Add a pinch of basil into the oil. Then fry the chicken on a medium heat until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking boil up some pasta of your choice.
- You can serve this with a tomato sauce or without.
More about "herby chicken breasts with piperade stovetop smoker recipes"
BBQ CHICKEN BREAST ON THE STOVE (EASY RECIPE)
HEAVENLY SMOKED BONE-IN CHICKEN BREASTS AND THIGHS …
10 BEST BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST STOVE TOP RECIPES
HOW TO SMOKE CHICKEN BREAST IN AN ELECTRIC SMOKER [BONELESS
SMOKED CHICKEN BREASTS - GIMME SOME GRILLING
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN ON STOVE-TOP (EASY GRILL PAN METHOD)
EASY PAN GRILLED CHICKEN ON STOVE (INDOOR GRILL RECIPE ... - SIP BITE …
CHICKEN PIPERADE - KEVIN LEE JACOBS
HERBED SMOKED CHICKEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 SMOKED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST - HEY GRILL HEY
HOW TO SMOKE BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST
THE PERFECTLY SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST (WHILE KEEPING IT …
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREAST ON PIT BOSS PELLET GRILL
SMOKED CHICKEN BREASTS - OKLAHOMA JOE'S
SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN - FAST, EASY, HEALTHY RECIPE
10 BEST STOVE TOP SMOKER CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
JUICY SMOKED (OR GRILLED) CHICKEN BREASTS - RANDY'S FAVORITES
SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - MASTERBUILT
SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST IN ELECTRIC SMOKER RECIPE (KETO ... - THE …
SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES IN 2022 YOU MUST TRY!
SIMPLE SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST - PEAR TREE KITCHEN
HOW TO SMOKE A CHICKEN BREAST ON A PELLET GRILL - KINGSFORD
STOVE TOP CHICKEN BREASTS (BEST CHICKEN RECIPES)
EASY SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE ON A PELLET GRILL
SEARED CHICKEN PIPERADE (ADAPTED FOR SLOW CARB DIET ... - FARM TO …
CHICKEN PIPERADE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS
HOW TO SMOKE CHICKEN BREAST ON A PELLET GRILL - Z GRILLS® BLOG
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN BREAST ON STOVE (STOVE TOP CHICKEN
JUICY STOVE TOP CHICKEN BREASTS - YEP YUMMY
STOVETOP BBQ CHICKEN (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
EASY SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - SIXSISTERSSTUFF.COM
HERBY ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH ORANGES - A SAUCY KITCHEN
HERBY CHICKEN BREASTS WITH PIPERADE (STOVETOP SMOKER)
You'll also love