HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat a smoker to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Add hickory chips according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine chicken broth, melted butter, salt, and poultry seasoning in a small bowl. Inject the solution evenly throughout the breast.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small dish. Brush evenly over the breast.
- Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the rub over the entire breast, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
- Place breast in the preheated smoker and smoke for 3 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). Remove from smoker and let rest for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 665.7 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 256.7 mg, Fat 30.5 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 91.1 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 848.3 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
With a delicious hickory-smoked flavor, this grilled turkey brings a southern twist to the Thanksgiving table-Kim Russell, North Wales, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a stockpot, bring the first 12 ingredients to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature., Remove giblets from turkey; discard. Place a turkey-size oven roasting bag inside a second roasting bag; add turkey. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Place in a roasting pan. Refrigerate for 18-24 hours, turning occasionally., Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Add wood chips to grill according to manufacturer's directions. Drain turkey and discard brine. Rinse turkey under cold water; pat dry. Place the onion, orange and garlic inside cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Combine oils; rub over skin., Place turkey over the drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour. Tent turkey with foil; grill 1-2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607 calories, Fat 31g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 245mg cholesterol, Sodium 235mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 73g protein.
HICKORY BBQ GRILLED TURKEY BREAST
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 Lbs.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Inject Cajun Injector® Honey Bacon BBQ Marinade evenly throughout turkey breast and sprinkle with Cajun Injector® Hickory Grill Quick Shake. Grill over medium-hot coals for approximately 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
HICKORY-SMOKED BOURBON TURKEY
This is a great way to make your holiday turkey this year. It takes a little work, but belive me it's well worth it.
Provided by southern chef in lo
Categories Whole Turkey
Yield 12-14 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for other uses, if desired. Rinse turkey thoroughly with cold water, and pat dry.
- Add water to a large stockpot, filling half full; stir in maple syrup, bourbon, and pickling spice. Add turkey and, if needed, additional water to cover. Cover and chill turkey 2 days.
- Soak hickory wood chunks in fresh water at least 30 minutes. Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let fire burn 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from water, discarding water mixture; pat dry. Cut carrot and celery in half crosswise. Stuff cavity with carrot, celery, and onion. Pierce lemon with a fork; place in neck cavity.
- Combine salt and pepper; rub mixture over turkey. Fold wings under, and tie legs together with string, if desired.
- Drain wood chunks, and place on coals. Place water pan in smoker, and add water to depth of fill line. Place turkey in center of lower food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook 6 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of turkey thigh registers 180°, adding additional water, charcoal, and wood chunks as needed. Remove from smoker, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish, if desired.
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY LEGS
My husband made these last weekend and they were so yummy. One of the things we plan on serving for 4th of July.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- To make the sauce: In a saucepan, stir all the sauce ingredients together using a whisk.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until the apples are cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Throw out the cinnamon stick; let sauce cool for 5 minutes.
- Puree sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Equally divide sauce into 2 bowls; set aside.
- To make rub: In a bowl or heavy duty plastic zip-top bag add all the rub ingredients; stir or shake to combine.
- Rinse the turkey legs under cold water and pat dry.
- Coat turkey legs with rub mixture; let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature before grilling.
- Spray or lightly brush turkey legs with vegetable oil.
- Follow your grill manufacturer's instructions for using wood chunks.
- Grill turkey legs over indirect medium heat for approximately 1 hour or until meat thermometer reads 180° when inserted into the thickest part of the meat (baste occasionally with sauce from 1 reserved bowl).
- Take legs off grill and served with sauce from the 2nd reserved bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472.2, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 161.2, Sodium 1467.8, Carbohydrate 36.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 29.8, Protein 45.9
HICKORY-SMOKED TURKEY LEGS
Number Of Ingredients 22
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: In a small saucepan whisk together the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the apples are fully cooked and the sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then pour into a food processor and purée. Divide the sauce into two bowls. TO MAKE THE RUB: In a bowl combine the rub ingredients. Rinse the turkey drumsticks under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Coat with the rub mixture and allow to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling. Lightly brush or spray with vegetable oil. Follow the grill's instructions for using wood chunks. Grill the turkey over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 180°F in the thickest part of the meat, about 1 hour, basting occasionally from one bowl of the baste. Remove the turkey legs from the grill. Discard any remaining baste. Serve the turkey legs warm or at room temperature with the reserved sauce.From Weber's Big Book of Grilling. Copyright © 2001 Weber-Stephen Products Co. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
More about "hickory turkey recipes"
SMOKED TURKEY RECIPE - STEP BY STEP TO JUICY PERFECTION
88 BEST THANKSGIVING TURKEY RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
TURKEY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BRINED HICKORY-SMOKED TURKEY BREAST - THE MOUNTAIN …
HICKORY PLANKED TURKEY RECIPE | WILDWOOD GRILLING
HICKORY FARMS TURKEY SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SWEET HICKORY TURKEY BURGERS - SUNSET GOURMET
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY BREAST - BIGOVEN.COM
PHIL VICKERY'S CHRISTMAS TURKEY | THIS MORNING - ITV
HICKORY TURKEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY BREAST WITH PEPPERCORN CREAM SAUCE
HOT-SMOKED HICKORY TURKEY RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
45 TURKEY RECIPES TO MAKE RIGHT NOW | TASTE OF HOME
HICKORY TURKEY - PLAIN.RECIPES
HICKORY WOOD CHIPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HICKORY PLANKED TURKEY RECIPE | WILDWOOD GRILLING
HICKORY-SMOKED TURKEY BREAST | MIDWEST LIVING
TURKEY - HICKORY NUT GAP
HICKORY-SMOKED BOURBON TURKEY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PELLET GRILL SMOKED TURKEY - DERRICK RICHES
KETO HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE
HOT-SMOKED HICKORY TURKEY - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
APPLE-BRINED, HICKORY-SMOKED TURKEY | GRILLING INSPIRATION
HOLIDAY HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY - THANKSGIVING - YOUTUBE
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY QUESADILLA | KRAFT HEINZ FOODSERVICE CANADA
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY FOR SALE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
HICKORY SMOKED BOURBON TURKEY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HICKORY TURKEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
HICKORY-SMOKED BOURBON TURKEY - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY | WILDWOOD GRILLING
HICKORY SMOKED WHOLE TURKEY IN 2022 | SMOKED WHOLE TURKEY, …
APPLE BRINED AND HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SMOKED TURKEY - GREATIST.COM
HICKORY SMOKED TURKEY WITH CRANBERRY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
HICKORY-SMOKED BOURBON TURKEY RECIPE | RECIPE | BEST ROAST …
HICKORY GRILL-ROASTED TURKEY | COOKSTR.COM
You'll also love