CHRISTMAS CANDY TRAIN
Create a new holiday tradition with this kid-friendly candy train. Mix and match with cookies and Christmas candy you have on hand.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, meringue powder and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes. Cover frosting with a damp cloth between uses., Break three graham crackers in half, forming six squares; if desired, trim side edges with a serrated knife., Fill pastry or plastic bag with icing. Pipe icing on the edges of a whole cracker for train car base. Attach another whole cracker and the halved cracker at right angles to each other, forming two walls of the engine car. Pipe icing along inside and outside edges for added stability. Repeat with second side and back. , Repeat twice, forming two boxcars. Let engine car and box cars stand until set, about 1 hour., Using icing, attach cookies to cars for wheels. For boiler, attach 1 wafer to front of engine. Microwave two wafers on high until softened, 10-15 seconds. Cut with a serrated knife to form a smokestack and cowcatcher. Attach to engine. Let stand until set., Attach peppermint candies to wheels with icing. Decorate cars with icing, assorted candies and sprinkles., Place cars on a covered cake board. Let stand until set. Fill cars with candies and cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 18mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (39g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS
Choo-choo! Holiday Candy Trains can brighten as well as add fun to any buffet or table arrangement.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Gifts & Decor
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For cars of each train, glue end of 1 ribbon onto wide side of 1 gum package, 1 raisin package, 2 more gum packages and 1 more raisin package, spacing cars about 1/2 inch apart. For wheels, glue 4 peppermint candies onto sides of gum packages and 2 candies onto sides of raisin packages.
- For engine, glue roll of ring-shaped candies onto first ribbon-topped gum package. Glue 2 foil-wrapped milk chocolate candies onto top of engine.
- Glue additional candies, candy canes and raisin packages to train cars as shown in photo or as desired.
- Repeat to make remaining 3 trains.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
CANDY CHRISTMAS TRAIN
I bought one of these candy trains at a bazaar about 30 years ago and decided that I would copy it since it was so cute. These are great for little and big kids on your Christmas list. I have also subbed Halloween & Easter candy to fit the season.
Provided by thecatergator
Yield 1 train
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Start with cardboard cut into 5" wide by 18" long. Wrap it with foil and tape foil to the back.
- Set a yardstick down the middle and mark it with a pen along each long side for the full length.
- Pipe the 2 lines with canned frosting.
- Take 5 of the unwrapped candybars and use frosting to glue on the green and red M&Ms as wheels.
- 1" from the end, place the orange slice, gluing it down with some frosting. This will be the cow catcher.
- Place 1 of the candy bars with "wheels" (and some frosting for glue underneath it)butting it up next to the orange slice. Push down slightly for frosting to hold.
- Take off wrapper from lifesavers, and open 1 end and remove some candies so that it is the same length as the candy bar. Cut off the excess wrapper leaving enough foil to fold over.
- Pipe a line of frosting down center of 1st candy bar and then press down foil covered lifesavers (make sure that cut end is facing away from the orange slice.).
- Put frosting on end of lifesavers foil(above orange slice, cow catcher)press on the yellow m&m as a light.
- Pipe some frosting directly on foil base behind 1st candy bar and on the end (away from orange slice)and now press the foil santa's feet into the frosting on the base and his belly onto the back of the candy bar & lifesafers.
- Leave about 1.5 inches and put down the next candy car and then 1.5" space then the next and so forth until all 5 candy bar "cars" have been placed and look centered on the foil base.
- On the second car, frost the top and then place 3 tootsie roll midgees to look like logs, using frosting to hold them.
- On third car, frost the top and then stick the 2 lollipops into it with them both facing forward.
- On the forth car, frost the top and then stick on the starbrite candies on their sides facing each other with a dap of frosting between them to help them stand up.
- on the fifth car, frost the top and then push down the foil wrapped candies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 6494.5, Fat 284, SaturatedFat 117.8, Cholesterol 126.8, Sodium 2217.6, Carbohydrate 929, Fiber 23.9, Sugar 821, Protein 55.2
More about "holiday candy trains recipes"
HOW TO MAKE A CANDY TRAIN - EASY KIDS CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ...
Reviews 15Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HOLIDAY EXPRESS CANDY TRAIN - SINCERELY JEAN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
EASY CANDY CANE SLEIGHS WITH CANDY BARS ... - PRINCESS ...
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS - PASTRYWIZ
HOLIDAY PRETZEL DELIGHTS | RECIPES
Category TagsTotal Time 15 mins
- Place one pretzel for each pretzel treat desired on prepared sheet. Top each pretzel with caramel.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until caramel piece begins to soften, but not melt. * Remove from oven; top with candy snowball. Cool completely.
CANDY TRAINS WITH COAL TUTORIAL (VIDEO) - GLUESTICKS BLOG
Reviews 10Total Time 10 minsServings 1
- Hot glue the roll of Lifesaver candies on top of the pack of gum.Glue two mini boxes of Nerds together, then add them to the back of the train.
- Glue a Hershey kiss as a smoke stack and 3 mini candy bars to the top of the train. Glue mint candies for the wheels, 4 on each side.
- Glue a Santa or holiday character to the front of the mini candy bars. Glue 2 pieces of chocolate coal to the boxes of nerds.
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS RECIPE | RECIPE | CANDY TRAIN ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHRISTMAS CANDY BAR TRAIN | DIY CANDY TRAINS FOR THE HOLIDAYS
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 10 minsServings 1Total Time 45 mins
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS | RECIPE | CANDY TRAIN, HOLIDAY CANDY ...
4.5/5 (43)Total Time 1 hrServings 4
HOW TO MAKE A GINGERBREAD TRAIN - WOMAN'S DAY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
50 BEST HOLIDAY CANDIES - DASH OF SANITY
Reviews 18Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CANDY CHRISTMAS TRAIN RECIPES
I MADE THESE AS A KID.. CANDY TRAINS WHAT FUN! | CANDY ...
CHRISTMAS CANDY BAR TRAIN | DIY CANDY TRAINS FOR THE ...
CANDY CHRISTMAS TRAIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
HOW TO MAKE A CANDY TRAIN 3RD GRADE THIS WAS WHAT I MADE ...
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
HOLIDAY CANDY TRAINS - RECIPE GOLDMINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a candy train for Christmas?Create a new holiday tradition with this kid-friendly candy train. Mix and match with cookies and Christmas candy you have on hand. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water, meringue powder and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, 4-5 minutes.
How do you make a candy train out of lifesavers candy?Glue the roll of Lifesavers candy to the package of gum with the ribbon loop in-between. Glue the peppermint candies on each side to make the wheels of the Candy Train. Glue the Hershey's Kiss on the end of the Lifesavers to make the train smokestack. (I do mine with the flat side up but I have seen them the other way)
How do you make a candy train out of Hershey Kisses?Add 1 Hershey’s miniature candy to the top of the Rolo. Add 1 upside down foiled Hershey’s Kiss. Add 4 wrapped peppermint discs. Viola! One candy train.
What are some of your favorite holiday candy recipes?This classic Peppermint bark is a must-have holiday treat. This White Chocolate Caramel Pecan Fudge is a decadent sweet holiday fudge. My Grandma’s Peanut Brittle is one of my favorite sweet and salty holiday classics! Pecans coated in gooey caramel and decadent chocolate. Classic Soft Chewy Caramel Candies perfectly wrapped for gift-giving.