HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE
Unlike traditional fruitcakes, which are usually soaked in liquor and can be prepared weeks in advance, this version is best eaten within five days of baking.
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Categories Cake Liqueur Food Processor Mixer Egg Dessert Bake Christmas New Year's Day Cranberry Currant Raisin Apricot Almond Brandy Fall Winter Jam or Jelly Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat brandy in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat until warm, then remove from heat and stir in dried fruit. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle. Invert bottom of springform pan and lock on side. Generously butter pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Finely grind 3/4 cup almonds with 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor, then whisk together with flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (batter will appear curdled), then add vanilla, zest, and fruit with brandy and beat until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- At low speed, mix in flour mixture until incorporated. Spoon batter into pan, smoothing it, and top with remaining 1/3 cup almonds.
- Bake until a long wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Run a thin metal spatula around side of cake, then cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt marmalade with liqueur in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring, then strain glaze through a sieve into a small bowl, discarding solids.
- Loosen side of cake with thin metal spatula again, then remove side of pan and loosen bottom of cake. Transfer cake from pan to rack and brush glaze over top of cake.
- Cool cake completely, about 3 hours.
FRUIT POUND CAKE
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, mace. Mix again.
- Add vanilla and beat. Add remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 60 -80 minutes with the oven temp set at 350*.
- **NOTE: To make a basic pound cake, the use above recipe, OMITTING the fruit and follow directions for baking/preparing.**.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4735.6, Fat 250.2, SaturatedFat 61.8, Cholesterol 1057.5, Sodium 4081.6, Carbohydrate 573.1, Fiber 16.1, Sugar 353.6, Protein 66.3
HOLIDAY BOURBON FRUITCAKE
Moist and tasty fruitcake is made with all types of candied fruit and nuts with a hint of orange and more than a hint of bourbon. It takes about three days to complete the process, but it is well worth the time and effort!
Provided by Cookin' Canuck
Number Of Ingredients 30
- On the first day, combine the candied orange peel, candied citron, candied pineapple, red and green candied cherries, currants, raisins, walnuts, and almonds. Combine the orange juice and the 2/3 cup bourbon; pour over the fruit and nuts. Stir and then cover tightly. Let the fruit marinate in a cool place for 1 full day, or at least 20 hours.
- On the second day, line two 9x5 inch loaf pans with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease the inside with cooking spray. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir with a whisk to blend.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer. Stir in the egg yolks until blended and then mix in the applesauce, the 1/2 cup bourbon, and vanilla until fluffy. Continue stirring, and add the the flour mixture gradually until well combined. Add the molasses and stir to combine. When the batter is thoroughly mixed, gently mix in the fruit and nut mixture with all of its juices.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until they can hold a stiff peak. Fold egg whites into the batter. Divide evenly between the prepared pans. Cover loosely with a towel and let the batter stand overnight in a cool, dry place.
- On the third day, preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Place a large baking pan on the bottom shelf and pour boiling water into it until almost full. Place a baking sheet on the center shelf and place the fruit cakes on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours in the preheated oven. Check the water level and refill if needed. Cover the cakes with a sheet of parchment paper, taking care not to let it touch the shelf. Continue to bake until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour more. Cool fruitcakes in the pans, set over a wire rack. Once cool, remove the cakes from the pans, and leave the parchment paper on. Sprinkle with more bourbon if desired and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in a tin or other sealed container overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.3 calories, Carbohydrate 64.9 g, Cholesterol 65.4 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 172.1 mg, Sugar 33.3 g
HOLIDAY POUND CAKE
This cake is attractive and it tastes good, too. I'm always asked for the recipe. -Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Sift flour together with baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cherries and 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle remaining nuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 325° for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly. Make a glaze with confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Garnish top with cherries and pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "holiday fruit filled pound cake recipes"
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
FESTIVE POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT COMPOTE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
8 FANCY POUND CAKE FIX UPS (GREAT LAST MINUTE, NO BAKE DESSERTS)
FRUIT CAKE BUNDT - KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY HOLIDAY FRUIT CAKE WITH NUTS | AMIABLE FOODS
HOLIDAY POUND CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MAGICAL HOLIDAY FRUIT CAKE - FLOUR ARRANGEMENTS
FRUITED POUND CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
WORLD'S BEST FRUIT CAKE (MOIST FRUIT CAKE RECIPE) A BEAUTIFUL PLATE
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE - FOODDIEZ.COM
25 FABULOUS FRUIT-FORWARD BUNDT CAKES | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
POUND CAKE FRUIT AND WHIP CREAM RECIPE
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPES/HOLIDAY-FRUIT-FILLED-POUND-CAKE-240968.JSON AT MASTER ...
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE | RECIPE | BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE ...
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE | BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE, …
POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT FILLING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
27 BEST FRUITCAKE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS - FOOD.COM
HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE RECIPES | MYRECIPES
10 BEST FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAKE WITH FRUIT INSIDE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
50 CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUIT | MYRECIPES
OUR BEST POUND CAKE RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SPICED ...
POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT TOPPING - THERESCIPES.INFO
BUTTERY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
FRUITCAKE RECIPES AND TIPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT FILLING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
60 SHOWSTOPPING CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
6 HOLIDAY POUND CAKE AND BUNDT CAKE RECIPES | HOLIDAY RECIPES: …
FROZEN FRUIT POUND CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MAKE THESE EASY SUMMER CAKES WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRESH FRUIT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make a pound cake with fruit?**NOTE: To make a basic pound cake, the use above recipe, OMITTING the fruit and follow directions for baking/preparing.**. “Pound cake with fruit.”
What is the recipe for a cake with candied fruit?Stir in 1 1/4 cups flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Stir in remaining flour, candied fruit, and walnuts; mix until just combined. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
What kind of Pan do you bake fruitcake in?Bake this fruitcake in loaf pans or tube cake pans. The recipe makes from four to six cakes, depending on the pans used. It's a butter-rich cake with brandy, citrus juices, and several pounds of nuts and fruits.
How long to bake a pound cake (and why)?Add remaining ingredients and mix very well. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 60 -80 minutes with the oven temp set at 350*. **NOTE: To make a basic pound cake, the use above recipe, OMITTING the fruit and follow directions for baking/preparing.**.