HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE
Unlike traditional fruitcakes, which are usually soaked in liquor and can be prepared weeks in advance, this version is best eaten within five days of baking.
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Categories Cake Liqueur Food Processor Mixer Egg Dessert Bake Christmas New Year's Day Cranberry Currant Raisin Apricot Almond Brandy Fall Winter Jam or Jelly Gourmet Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat brandy in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat until warm, then remove from heat and stir in dried fruit. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle. Invert bottom of springform pan and lock on side. Generously butter pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Finely grind 3/4 cup almonds with 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor, then whisk together with flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (batter will appear curdled), then add vanilla, zest, and fruit with brandy and beat until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- At low speed, mix in flour mixture until incorporated. Spoon batter into pan, smoothing it, and top with remaining 1/3 cup almonds.
- Bake until a long wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Run a thin metal spatula around side of cake, then cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt marmalade with liqueur in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring, then strain glaze through a sieve into a small bowl, discarding solids.
- Loosen side of cake with thin metal spatula again, then remove side of pan and loosen bottom of cake. Transfer cake from pan to rack and brush glaze over top of cake.
- Cool cake completely, about 3 hours.
FRUIT POUND CAKE
Make and share this Fruit Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Traci Jeff Poole2
Yield 1 cake
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, mace. Mix again.
- Add vanilla and beat. Add remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 60 -80 minutes with the oven temp set at 350*.
- **NOTE: To make a basic pound cake, the use above recipe, OMITTING the fruit and follow directions for baking/preparing.**.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4735.6, Fat 250.2, SaturatedFat 61.8, Cholesterol 1057.5, Sodium 4081.6, Carbohydrate 573.1, Fiber 16.1, Sugar 353.6, Protein 66.3
HOLIDAY POUND CAKE
This cake is attractive and it tastes good, too. I'm always asked for the recipe. -Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Sift flour together with baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cherries and 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle remaining nuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 325° for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Cool thoroughly. Make a glaze with confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Garnish top with cherries and pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
FESTIVE FRUITCAKE I
This is a large recipe that is rich and dark. Make a few weeks ahead of time. Apple juice can be substituted for orange juice. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.
Provided by Carol
Categories Desserts Cakes Holiday Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Grease four 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans, and then line with brown paper or foil. Grease again.
- In a large container stir raisins, currants, candied fruit mix, candied cherries, maraschino cherries, dates, and 1 cup flour together until all the fruit is well coated with flour.
- Measure 2 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium bowl. Stir to mix.
- In a very large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in egg yolks three at a time. Stir in pineapple with juice and vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 parts alternately with fruit juice in 2 parts to the creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter, and stir in fruit gently. Divide batter among pans. Smooth.
- Bake for about 3 hours until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.6 calories, Carbohydrate 82.4 g, Cholesterol 71.5 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 174 mg, Sugar 45.6 g
More about "holiday fruit filled pound cake recipes"
BUTTERY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
10 BEST FRESH FRUIT POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
25+ EASY CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE …
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
25 FABULOUS FRUIT-FORWARD BUNDT CAKES | TASTE OF HOME
30 REFRESHING FRUIT CAKE RECIPES FOR SPRING - DIYS.COM
HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE WITH DRIED FRUIT RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
FESTIVE CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPES | EPICURIOUS
CRANBERRY-WALNUT FRUITCAKE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
THE BEST CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HOLIDAY FRUIT CAKE - CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE WITH FRUITS AND BOOZE
POUND CAKE WITH FRUIT FILLING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
27 BEST FRUITCAKE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS - FOOD.COM
50 CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUIT | MYRECIPES
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE - FOODDIEZ.COM
25 BEST HOLIDAY POUND CAKE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE A POUND CAKE
25 FRUIT-FILLED CAKES TO MAKE THIS SUMMER EVEN SWEETER
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | SPICED ...
BEST HOLIDAY FRUITCAKE | RECIPE
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE | BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE, …
RECIPES/HOLIDAY-FRUIT-FILLED-POUND-CAKE-240968.JSON AT MASTER ...
MAKE THESE EASY SUMMER CAKES WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRESH FRUIT
HOLIDAY FRUIT CAKE / FRUIT AND NUT CHRISTMAS CAKE / FRUIT CAKE ...
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE | BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE, POUND …
FRUIT LAYERED POUND CAKE - NONE SUCH®
HOLIDAY FRUIT CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
FRUIT FILLED CAKES YOU'LL LOVE - CAKE BY COURTNEY
10 BEST FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUMMER FRUIT CAKE FILLING RECIPE - WICKED GOODIES
8 FANCY POUND CAKE FIX UPS (GREAT LAST MINUTE, NO BAKE DESSERTS)
FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOLIDAY FRUIT-FILLED POUND CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE WITH POUND CAKE MIX & CHERRY PIE FILLING
6 HOLIDAY POUND CAKE AND BUNDT CAKE RECIPES | HOLIDAY RECIPES: …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love