PERFECT HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE
My Perfect Homemade Corn Syrup Substitute is a candy-like sauce cooks up to be super thick, full-bodied, and sweet just like real corn syrup.
Provided by Gemma Stafford
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, over medium heat, add the sugar, water, cream of tartar, salt and lemon juice.
- Once the sugar dissolves, turn down the heat and let the syrup simmer steadily until it reduces significantly and becomes a thick syrup that drips off your spatula slowly. This will take roughly 15 to 20 minutes. You can test if it's ready by putting a drop on a cold plate and placing it back in the fridge for 10 minutes. If it is really thick once it's cold then it is ready. To be even more exact, you want it to reaches 230°F (110°C) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and put the pot in a bowl of cold water to cool it down quickly. Once the syrup cools down completely use as directed in your recipe.
- You will end up with roughly 1 1/3 cups (14oz/398g) of corn syrup substitute. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 months.
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE ( SIMPLE SYRUP )
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring often, until it reaches the soft ball stage.
- Cool and store in a covered container at room temperature.
- Your syrup should keep for about 2 months.
- Makes about 2 cups.
CORN SYRUP ( SIMPLE SYRUP )
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, approximately 1/2 hour or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 774, Sodium 9.5, Carbohydrate 200, Sugar 199.8
SUBSTITUTE/HOMEMADE LIGHT CORN SYRUP RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by á-39535
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all 4 ingredients in heavy saucepan over medium heat; Stirring constantly until mix comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook until it reaches 230-240 F on candy thermometer. Cool completely. Bottle. (Can be stored up to 3 months).
More about "homemade corn syrup substitute simple syrup recipes"
7 BEST SUBSTITUTES FOR CORN SYRUP - PUREWOW
Author Alexia DellnerPublished 2021-03-10Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Sugar and Water. For each cup of light corn syrup, substitute 1 cup granulated sugar dissolved in ¼ cup warm water. Need dark corn syrup? Substitute 1 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar and dissolve it into ¼ cup water.
- Honey. Corn syrup and honey are equal replacements (meaning you can substitute 1 cup honey for 1 cup corn syrup). But similar to sugar, honey won’t prevent crystallization, so it’s not the best choice for making caramel or candy, but it can work well in other recipes as long as you don’t mind its distinct flavor.
- Agave Nectar. A one-to-one substitution, agave syrup (aka agave nectar) has a mild flavor that works great in most recipes that call for corn syrup. (But again, not candy.).
- Brown Rice Syrup. If you’re looking for a corn syrup substitute that’ll work in candy recipes that need to go to the hard-ball stage, opt for brown rice syrup.
- Golden Syrup. A pantry staple in the U.K., this buttery syrup can be substituted one-to-one for corn syrup and can also be used in candy making.
- Cane Syrup. This popular Southern ingredient tastes similar to molasses and can replace corn syrup in equal measurements. But again, this substitute won’t work in candy recipes since it won’t prevent crystallization.
- Maple Syrup. Our favorite pancake topper can be used as a one-to-one substitute for corn syrup in most recipes (but not candy making). Just keep in mind that maple syrup has quite a strong, earthy flavor.
6 LIGHT CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES - THE SPRUCE EATS
KARO WHITE CORN SYRUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
7 BEST CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES THAT ARE JUST AS SWEET
LIGHT CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES FOR BAKING AND COOKING
8 BEST CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES – FOR CANDY, BAKING AND GLAZES
RECIPE: SUBSTITUTE FOR CORN SYRUP PLEASE? - HOUZZ
BEST AGAVE NECTAR SUBSTITUTE (12 AMAZINGLY EASY TO USE …
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE SIMPLE SYRUP - ALL INFORMATION …
HEALTHY HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE (BEST RECIPE)
KETO SUBSTITUTE FOR CORN SYRUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
LIGHT VS DARK CORN SYRUP: USES, RECIPES, AND SUBSTITUTES
CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES + CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE RECIPE
12 BEST GOLDEN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES - SUBSTITUTE COOKING
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE | GOLDEN SYRUP RECIPE
10 BEST CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES FOR SWEET SENSATIONS
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE SIMPLE SYRUP ) RECIPE - GENIUS …
5 HEALTHIER SUBSTITUTES FOR CORN SYRUP
CORN SYRUP SUBTITUTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DARK CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE FOR BAKING AND COOKING
HOMEMADE LIGHT CORN SYRUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE CORN SYRUP AT HOME - HOMEMADE SUBSTITUTE RECIPE …
HOW TO SUBSTITUTE CORN SYRUP | EPICURIOUS
HOW TO MAKE CORN SYRUP THAT’S HOMEMADE & HEALTHY
TOP 6 CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTES FOR BAKING DELICIOUS DESSERTS
HOW TO MAKE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE? - CORN FARM
WHAT ARE THE BEST SUBSTITUTES FOR CORN SYRUP? - COOKING WITH CARLEE
SUBSTITUTE FOR SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SUBSTITUTES FOR CORN SYRUP - BLOGCHEF.NET
8 POPULAR SUBSTITUTE FOR DARK CORN SYRUP
HOMEMADE LIGHT CORN SYRUP RECIPE - FIND THE BUSINESS …
HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SUBSTITUTE FOR CORN SYRUP IN FROSTING RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
CAN I SUBSTITUTE HONEY FOR CORN SYRUP IN A RECIPE
10 BEST HOMEMADE CORN SYRUP RECIPE IDEAS - PINTEREST
SUBSTITUTE FOR LIGHT CORN SYRUP IN RECIPE
OFTEN ASKED: WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE FOR CORN SYRUP IN A RECIPE?
HOW MUCH CORN SYRUP EQUALS 1 CUP OF SUGAR? - CORN FARM
You'll also love