HONEY & SPICE CAKE
This cake is tender and moist with tremendous depth of flavor, and the taste of honey shines through.
Provided by Jennifer Segal, modestly adapted (with permission) from Marcy Goldman's
Number Of Ingredients 16
- I make this cake in three nonstick 8x4-inch loaf pans, but it can also be made in two nonstick 9x5-inch loaf pans or an angel food cake pan WITHOUT a removable bottom or a 9x13-inch sheetpan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. If using an angel food cake pan, line the bottom with lightly greased parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Make a well in the center and add the oil, honey, brown sugar, eggs, coffee or tea, orange juice, and orange liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Using a strong wire whisk or an electric mixer on low speed, mix the ingredients until well combined. The batter will be pourable.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s). Place the pan(s) on 2 baking sheets stacked together and bake until the cakes are set, domed and spring back when you touch them gently in the center (the stacked sheet pans will prevent the bottom from browning too quickly). For loaf cakes, bake for 45-50 minutes; for angel cake pans, bake for 60 to 70 minutes; for sheet-style cake, bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake(s) stand for 15 minutes before removing from the pan(s). Run a butter knife along the edges of the pans to help the cakes release, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap the cake(s) in foil and store at room temperature for several days.
- Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap or place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476, Fat 17g, Carbohydrate 76g, Protein 5g, SaturatedFat 2g, Sugar 51g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 219mg, Cholesterol 40mg
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Butter and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat honey, sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in dry ingredients in 2 additions.
- Beat in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in raisins.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until cake is brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack; cool completely. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap cake and store at room temperature.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.8, Fat 15.2, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 397.7, Carbohydrate 74.7, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 46.6, Protein 5.5
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan. Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat honey, sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl until blended, about 3 minutes. Beat in dry ingredients in 2 additions. Beat in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in raisins. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until cake is brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; cool completely. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap cake and store at room temperature.)
HONEY SPICE BREAD
If you go to a French honey stand or shop, or one of the many honey fairs that occur during the summer in Provence, pain d'épices - spice bread - will always be one of the items for sale along with the honey, as honey is a key an ingredient in these breads. This recipe is based on one by French Pastry School founder Jacquy Pfeiffer. His recipe, which does not contain any butter or oil, results in a very moist bread. You will need a small loaf pan, no bigger than 4 x 8 inches, or you can make mini-muffins.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield About 40 mini-cakes or 1 small loaf, serving 12.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a small (8 x 4-inch or smaller) bread pan and dust lightly with flour. Line with parchment if desired. Alternatively, use buttered and floured mini-muffin molds or silicone mini muffin molds.
- Place the honey and sugar in a small saucepan, insert a thermometer and heat to 158 degrees while stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Sift together the whole wheat flour, rye flour, baking powder, spices and salt and transfer them to the bowl of your mixer.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and whole eggs. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the milk and egg mixture. Stop the mixer and, using a rubber spatula or a plastic bowl scraper, scrape up any flour sticking to the bottom of the bowl. Add the warm honey mixture and mix on medium speed until incorporated. Scrape into the bread pan or spoon about 1 to 2 teaspoons into each mini-mold, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake mini-cakes for 15 to 20 minutes, loaves for 40 to 45 minutes, until deep brown and a tester comes out clean. Remove from the heat, unmold and cool on a rack. If making a loaf, for best results, once cool wrap tightly in plastic and allow the cake to rest for a day.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 29, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 7 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 25 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
HONEY SPICE BREAD
The texture of this bread is almost like a cake, so I usually serve slices of it for dessert. The loaf looks so festive with the pretty glaze drizzled on top. -Gaye O'Dell, Binghamton, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 pieces).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat., In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and brown sugar mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened., Transfer the batter to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (cover top loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning)., Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bread. Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf in foil and then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Glaze as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 53mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICED HONEY DRIZZLE CAKE
Enjoy this fabulous honey cake made with mixed spice and ginger and a lovely honey butter drizzle topping. It's ideal for afternoon tea or elevenses
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 900g loaf tin with baking parchment. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until creamy. Whisk in the honey, egg, milk, spices and a pinch of salt (don't worry if it curdles slightly, it will become a loose batter), then fold in the flour.
- Tip into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 mins until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, melt the butter and honey in a small pan until smooth. Leave to cool until thickened, then drizzle over the top of the cooled cake. Leave to set before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 24 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
GRANDMA EMMA'S SPICE LOAF
- Soak raisins in coffee until plump. Do not drain.
- Cream together the shortening, sugar and eggs. Blend in molasses and vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, flour, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the well in the dry ingredients. Stir in coffee with raisins and nuts. Pour batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degrees C) oven for one hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40.9 g, Cholesterol 31 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 216.6 mg, Sugar 22.4 g
PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE WITH HONEY FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin puree until combined. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.
- Make Honey Frosting: In a medium bowl, whisk butter, cream cheese, and honey until smooth.
- Spread top of cooled cake with honey frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.
More about "honey and spice loaf cake recipes"
EASY CAKE RECIPE: HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE - GOOD …
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory BakingCalories 393 per serving
BEST HONEY SPICE LOAF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
2.8/5 (350)Category Bake,Bake With Anna Olson,Dessert,SnackServings 4-6
HONEY AND BEER SPICE CAKE - JOY THE BAKER
HONEY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HONEY SPICE CAKE | 12 TOMATOES
DUTCH HONEY CAKE — MEIKE PETERS | EAT IN MY KITCHEN
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE | RECIPE | LOAF CAKE RECIPES, CAKE …
EASY CAKE RECIPE: HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE - FOOD NEWS
SPICE CAKE LOAF - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HONEY SPICE CAKE - WAITROSE & PARTNERS | FOOD | DRINK | RECIPES
EASY MOIST HONEY CAKE RECIPE | PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
PROFESSIONAL BAKER TEACHES YOU HOW TO MAKE SPICE LOAF!
ORANGE HONEY LOAF CAKE – DRIZZLE HONEY
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
INCREDIBLY MOIST AND EASY SPICE CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
SPICED HONEY CAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
20+ LOAF CAKE RECIPES THAT ARE SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE | ALLRECIPES
EASY CAKE RECIPE: HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE
HONEY SPICE CAKE – LEKACH
HONEY SPICE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HONEY SPICE CAKE
HONEY SPICE LOAF - DRIZZLE ME SKINNY!
HONEY SPICE CAKE | EMERILS.COM
HONEY & SPICE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - BAKING ENVY
ANNA BAKES A HONEY SPICE LOAF (FRENCH STYLE)! | ANNA OLSON ARCHIVES
SPICED ORANGE AND HONEY LOAF CAKE ⋆ THE GARDENING FOODIE
HONEY SPICE LOAF | RECIPE | SPICE LOAF, ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER, HEALTHY …
HONEY SPICE LOAF - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE | DELICIOUS DESERTS, RECIPES, BAKING
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
HONEY AND SPICE LOAF CAKE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
HONEY APPLESAUCE CAKE - THE MONDAY BOX
HONEY SPICE LOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HONEY & SPICE LOAF CAKE – RADIANT WHOLE FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #snacks #eggs-dairy #fall #winter #cakes #eggs #dietary #seasonal #free-of-something #4-hours-or-less #nut-free #from-scratch
You'll also love