INDONESIAN SPICE PASTE (SAMBAL)
The tiny red chiles in this recipe are available at Asian groceries. Don't be shy about using these....be bold! This recipe is from Moosewood Restaurant.
Provided by MsBindy
Yield 1 small batch
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small frying pant or in a wok, heat te oil and stir fry the onions and garlic.
- After a minute, add the hot pepper flakes or dried chiles.
- Reduce heat and stir constantly so the peppers don't burn.
- As soon as the flakes darken a little, add the rest of the ingredients and on the lowest heat, cook the sambal until most of the moisture has evaporated, about 15-20 minutes.
- The final product should be so well cooked that you can't detect the tomatoes.
- This recipe makes only a small amount, which is all you'll need. Refrigerated, this will keep for months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.1, Fat 41.1, SaturatedFat 5.3, Sodium 2337.2, Carbohydrate 28.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 19.9, Protein 1.7
Can be prepared in 45 or less but requires additional unattended time. (Pineapple and cucumber condiment.)
Yield Makes about 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a bowl combine well the pineapple, the cucumber, the sugar, the shallot, the soy sauce, the lime juice, and salt to taste and let the sambal stand, covered and chilled, for 1 hour to let the flavors develop. The sambal keeps, covered and chilled, for 2 days. Serve the sambal as an accompaniment to curries and grilled meats.
FIRE HOT CHILLI PASTE (SAMBAL) - INDONESIAN SAUCE
I found this one on the net by Larry Haftl. Sambal is to Indonesian cuisine what salsa is to Mexican cooking: a fiery hot condiment served at every meal. I have used Habanaro peppers instead of the Indonesian dried chillies and it is 'inferno' hot
Provided by reya doucette
Yield 2 cups, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- You can omit the sugar if you do not like sweet.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, lower heat and simmer to half the consistency, 20 minutes, stirring to prevent burning at bottom of pan.
- Cool and liquefy the cooled above in blender.
- Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 924.5, Fat 2.3, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 3543.9, Carbohydrate 232.8, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 185.1, Protein 12.8
More about "indonesian spice paste sambal recipes"
SAMBAL OELEK ~ INDONESIAN CHILE PASTE RECIPE - LEITE'S …
5/5 (1)Category CondimentsCuisine IndonesianTotal Time 10 mins
- Blitz the chiles in the food processor, scraping the sides as needed, or grind the chiles with the pestle using a twisting motion until pulpy.
- Stir in the lime juice, sugar, and/or salt. Taste and, if desired, stir in a little more lime juice. Serve immediately or transfer the chile paste to a jar and stash it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
SAMBAL - TRADITIONAL INDONESIAN CHILI PASTE RECIPE | 196 …
5/5 (1)Category CondimentAuthor Mike BenayounCalories 1 per serving
SAMBAL OELEK RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
CHILLI PASTE (SAMBAL) FOR NOODLES - LATASHA'S KITCHEN
BUMBU BALI - BALINESE SPICE PASTE (BASE GENEP)
SAMBAL TERASI RECIPE - AUTHENTIC INDONESIAN SHRIMP PASTE …
SAMBAL, THE SPICE OF INDONESIAN LIFE [WITH VIDEOS]
ALL-PURPOSE BALINESE BUMBU - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
SAMBAL TERASI (INDONESIAN SHRIMP PASTE SAMBAL) - THE …
SAMBAL PETIS - AUTHENTIC INDONESIAN SALSA RECIPE
10-MINUTE SAMBAL OELEK RED CHILI PASTE (BETTER THAN WALMART!)
INDONESIAN SPICE PASTE SAMBAL RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SAMBAL TERASI: SAMBAL WITH ROASTED SHRIMP PASTE - COOK ME …
BEST INDONESIAN SAMBAL RECIPES – RECIPES INDONESIA
HOMEMADE INDONESIAN SPICY CHILI PASTE (SAMBAL) - YOUTUBE
THE BEST INDONESIAN SAMBAL (CHILI PASTE) RECIPE EVER!
PREP THESE 3 INDONESIAN SPICE PASTES FOR EFFORTLESS ... - EPICURIOUS
SAMBAL BALADO (INDONESIAN RED CHILLI PASTE)
INDONESIAN CHILE PASTE (SAMBAL BADJAK) - FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE …
SAMBAL TOMAT – BALI TRADITIONAL TOMATO PASTE RECIPE (SPICY)
12 SPICIEST INDONESIAN DISHES - ASIAN RECIPE
INDONESIAN SPICY SAMBAL GORENG RECIPE FROM LEMBEH RESORT
WHAT IS SAMBAL? AND HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE ONE AT HOME - BON …
INDONESIAN-INSPIRED FRIED RICE WITH SPICY SAMBAL - TASTE
SAMBAL OELEK (INDONESIAN RED CHILI PASTE) - PARTIAL INGREDIENTS
SAMBAL TRASSI (INDONESIAN SPICE) - BIGOVEN.COM
SAMBAL IJO (EASY INDONESIAN GREEN CHILLI PASTE) - LINSFOOD
SAMBAL, THE SPICE OF INDONESIAN LIFE [WITH VIDEOS] - INDONEO
ASTRAY RECIPES: SAMBAL BAJAG (INDONESIAN SPICE PASTE)
MALAYSIAN SAMBAL SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 DELICIOUS VARIETIES OF SAMBAL TO TRY IN INDONESIA - CULTURE TRIP
SAMBAL OELEK (INDONESIAN SPICE) - BIGOVEN.COM
SHRIMP PASTE SAMBAL – RECIPES INDONESIA
RAHEL STEPHANIE’S VEGAN INDONESIAN SNACKS – RECIPES
INDONESIAN SAMBAL - TOAST TO HOME
SAMBAL OELEK - A VERY SPICY AND TANGY CHILLI PASTE USED VASTLY ALL …
HOW TO MAKE DIY INDONESIAN SAMBAL | FIRST WE FEAST
INDONESIAN SAMBAL RECIPE - THE CHILLI KING
SAMBAL TERASI (INDONESIAN CHILI SAUCE WITH SHRIMP PASTE)
SAMBAL MATAH RECIPE (INDONESIAN RAW SAMBAL ... - CHILI PEPPER …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sambal oelek?Sambal oelek is a spicy chutney or paste used in Malaysian as well as Indonesian cuisines. Beware, it involves quite a lot of fresh chilli peppers. Place all the ingredients in a large frying pan and fry for 10 minutes or until everything is cooked. Transfer the contents to a food processor and blend until smooth, or desired consistency.
What is sambal sauce?Suitable for vegetarians and vegans alike, and of Indonesian origin, sambal, also known as sambal oelek, is a hot sauce or paste made from one or more varieties of chili. It is also very popular in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Brunei and Singapore. What is sambal?
What does sambal taste like?Hell, we love it. This Indonesian chile paste can do it all, and it does it (most importantly) with real chile flavor. It actually tastes like peppers, as opposed to a giant wave of flaming heat, hellbent on wiping out your taste buds. These 20 recipes all use sambal, from grits to noodles to grilled cheese.
What is sambal terasi?There are literally hundreds of types, and I would say sambal terasi (or Indonesian shrimp paste sambal) is the most ubiquitous of all. Shallots, garlic, tomatoes, salt, sugar and plenty of chillies are fried and ground together with terasi (Indonesian shrimp paste) to make a rustic, deep red paste that is as addictive as it is hot.