SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW RECIPE
- In a large ziplock bag, add the flour, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and onion powder.
- Add the beef to the bag and shake until the beef is well coated.
- In a large skillet set to medium high heat, add the oil once hot.
- Add the flour coated beef; brown the meat on all sides, don't let burn.
- When the meat has browned add the tomato paste and beef broth.
- Stir the beef, tomato sauce, and beef broth until a thick sauce forms, pulling up any stuck on bits; set aside off the heat.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the beef and sauce mixture over the veggies.
- Stir in the Guinness beer and add bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 kcal, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1007 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 7 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS® BEEF STEW
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; add beef pieces. Toss to coat each piece evenly. Reserve remaining flour mixture for later use.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet; cook and stir coated beef, working in batches, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes per batch. Transfer cooked beef to a slow cooker.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until golden, about 5 minutes. Add beer and garlic; bring to a boil for 1 minute. Scrape browned bits of food from bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour onion mixture into the slow cooker.
- Mix beef broth, parsley, thyme, and bay leaves into beef mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until beef is almost tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle in the reserved flour mixture; stir well. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cook on High until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange puff pastry on baking sheets; pierce each piece several times with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Ladle stew into individual dishes; top each with a pastry square.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 737.7 calories, Carbohydrate 47.2 g, Cholesterol 77.3 mg, Fat 48.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 677.7 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
GUINNESS BEEF STEW IN A CROCK POT
With my Irish father in town, I wanted a ready-made meal after a long day of sight-seeing. I chose a hearty beef stew and wanted to incorporate his favorite beer, Guinness. I was worried that we left it in too long, but after 10 hours on low and 2 hours on warm ( it was a long day of sight-seeing) it was still awesome! Makes a flavorful, thick sauce to dip bread in. I filled the crock pot to the top because I wanted enough for them to have lunch left-overs, so decrease the amounts if needed. Enjoy!
Provided by c.walsh
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Put potato, carrot, and celery chunks in the bottom of crock pot. Top with 2 bay leaves.
- Season flour with a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder and coat the beef with the flour mixture. Heat a couple of tbsp of olive oil over med-high heat in a large skillet and add 1 bay leaf. Sauté beef in batches, just until browned.(It took me about 3 batches in a 12" skillet). Add more oil to pan as necessary for each batch. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the same pan and sauté over med heat for a few minutes, then add about half the can of beef broth to deglaze, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. (That's Flavor!).
- Add meat and onions to crock pot, top with mushrooms.
- Mix remaining beef broth with tomato sauce, onion soup mix, remaining seasonings, and add to crock pot. Pour in most of bottle of beer (whatever fits, I had a few sips left for me).
- Cook 8 hours on low heat. Stir in frozen peas when done, they'll heat up on their own.
- Serve with crusty French bread!
- *Tony Chachere's and Mrs. Dash are my "go-to" seasonings for everything. You can use your favorite if these are not available.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412, Fat 9.5, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 87.1, Sodium 663.1, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 7.8, Protein 36.5
LOZ'S SLOW COOKED IRISH GUINNESS STEW
This is an all time favourite! NB (Including some review suggestions - THANKS!): #1 If you prefer fresher veggies (not the stew soaked kind), leave the celery, carrots and potato until the last 1.5 hours. #2 Pumpkin and sweet potato are nice in this too. (try not to exceed the level of the liquid) #3 As a poster suggested: throw some peas and / or corn kernels in at the end to freshen the stew #4 Dumplings can be added #5 Leave out the potatoes and serve on a bed of Mash - fab idea thanks! :) #6 Making a roux to thicken is also a good idea! #7 Enjoy!!! :)
Provided by Delicious Bits
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Stir in beer, stock, the garlic, carrots, celery, potato, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary to slow cooker.
- Caramelise onions in butter and sugar in a saucepan then add to cooker.
- Sprinkle meat lightly with 2 tbsp flour, salt and pepper. In batches, brown meat all over, mix all in to the slow cooker. Set on Auto or Low for 8 hours, or High for 4-5 hours.
- After cooking, mix remaining flour and water in a cup and add to stew. Set on high and stir until thickened. Add parsley and serve with thick slices of Vienna Bread.
- Sometimes you may need to add a bit more brown sugar if it has a bitter taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 927.8, Fat 10.7, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 624.1, Carbohydrate 123.1, Fiber 18.3, Sugar 12, Protein 15.3
More about "irish guinness beef stew crockpot recipes"
IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW – CROCKPOT RECIPE
4/5 (1)Calories 417 per servingCategory Main Course
- Peel and julienne the parsnips into 2 inch long pieces to match the length of the baby carrots. Add the pearl onions, baby carrots, parsnips, and potato quarters into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the floured beef cubes and brown them on all sides. You may need to complete this in two steps depending on the size of your skillet.
- Remove the beef from the pan and add to the crock pot. Add the garlic to the skillet and brown for one minute.
IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - RECIPETIN EATS
SLOW COOKER RECIPE FOR IRISH BEEF STEW WITH GUINNESS
SLOW COOKER IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - THE CRUMBY …
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE | COOK SMARTS
IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW (CROCKPOT RECIPE) - PERSNICKETY …
5/5 (1)Total Time 6 hrs 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 594 per serving
THE BEST IRISH BEEF STEW WITH GUINNESS - MARIE BOSTWICK
59 CROCK POT BEEF RECIPES- - EATINGONADIME.COM
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW - ABERDEEN'S KITCHEN
IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW - FOX AND BRIAR
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - A LITTLE AND A LOT
IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - BERRY&MAPLE
IRISH BEEF STEW WITH GUINNESS STOUT - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER, OR STOVETOP)
21 IRISH STEW RECIPE SLOW COOKER WITH GUINNESS
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS IRISH BEEF STEW - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
SLOW-COOKER IRISH STEW: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - PUDGE FACTOR
CROCK POT GUINNESS IRISH STEW RECIPE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
SLOW COOKER IRISH BEEF STEW RECIPE - MY HEAVENLY RECIPES
TRADITIONAL IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW - THE DARING GOURMET
GUINNESS BEEF STEW RECIPE (IRISH STEW) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
IRISH BEEF AND GUINNESS STEW | A WICKED WHISK
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
GUINNESS BEEF STEW (IRISH STEW REICIPE) - THE CHUNKY CHEF
CROCKPOT SLOW COOKER IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW RECIPE
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW + VIDEO
GUINNESS BEEF STEW (SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW) - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
SIMPLE IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - SIMPLE PARTY FOOD
IRISH BEEF STEW (SLOW COOKER) RECIPE - THE LITTLE KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER GUINNESS BEEF STEW - JESSICA GAVIN
SLOW COOKER IRISH STEW WITH GUINNESS - PALATABLE PASTIME
IRISH STEW CROCK POT RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
21 GUINNESS IRISH STEW RECIPE SLOW COOKER - SELECTED RECIPES
IRISH STEW (CROCKPOT) RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
SLOW COOKER IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - TASTES LOVELY
CLASSIC IRISH BEEF STEW (WITH GUINNESS) - SUGAR AND SOUL
CROCK POT IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - CHINDEEP
25 BEST STEAK CASSEROLE RECIPES (EASY FAMILY DINNER IDEAS)
SLOW COOKER IRISH GUINNESS BEEF STEW - CANNINGS BUTCHERS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Irish Guinness beef stew?Irish Guinness Beef Stew is a traditional Irish pub food made with chuck roast, potatoes, vegetables, and a warm broth flavored with Guinness beer. Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven on high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned about 6-8 minutes. Add in the onion, celery, and carrots and stir well.
Can you cook Guinness in a crock pot?This crock pot Irish stew is a classic Irish Guinness beef stew, made in the slow cooker. Made with your favorite beer, beef chuck, and bacon you know it’s going to be good. This is the BEST Guinness beef stew recipe because it’s a classic stew at its best.
How to cook beef stew in a slow cooker?While beef is browning, add potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Stir to coat. Add browned beef, beef broth, and Guinness to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a pint of Guinness.
Can you make Irish stew in a crock pot?Yes, Irish stew is often made with lamb or mutton. So you can use that instead of beef if you prefer. Just follow the same process to brown the meat and then cook everything in the Crock pot.