TROPICAL ISLAND CHICKEN
The marinade makes a savory statement in this all-time-favorite chicken recipe that I served at our son's pirate-themed birthday party. It smelled so good on the grill that guests could hardly wait to try a piece! -Sharon Hanson, Franklin, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight., Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 21g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 1199mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
KAT'S ISLAND CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium glass baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and season with paprika, seasoned salt, and pepper. Arrange the pineapple, orange, lemon, and red bell pepper around the chicken, reserving a few slices of each for serving.
- Bake chicken uncovered 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, season again with paprika, seasoned salt, and pepper, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- While chicken is baking, prepare the Spanish rice according to package directions and heat the undiluted black bean soup in a pot over medium heat. Serve each chicken breast and some of the cooked fruit and red bell pepper over equal portions of the Spanish rice, and topped with a few spoonfuls black bean soup. Arrange the reserved uncooked fruit and pepper slices around the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477.9 calories, Carbohydrate 75.8 g, Cholesterol 67.2 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 35.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 2129.6 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
ISLAND FRY CHICKEN WITH GINGER GRAVY
- For the all-purpose seasoning blend: Stir together the cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme in a bowl.
- For the chicken: Season chicken with 2 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning and allow to marinate, refrigerated, for 24 hours.
- For the dredge: Bring oil to 350 degrees F in a deep-fryer.
- Stir together the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and dip the chicken in the mixture to coat. Fry until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- For the gravy: Blend the ginger in a blender with 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, garlic and onions to a saucepan on medium heat and saute until translucent and soft. Add stewed tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose seasoning blend, thyme, bay leaf, Scotch bonnet pepper and 1 cup blended ginger (save the remainder for another use) and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend the flour with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Strain the gravy, then add flour mixture to thicken. Finish gravy with butter over low heat. Plate chicken with rice and peas, then spoon gravy over chicken and rice. Enjoy!
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil. Pour off fat.
- Add juice from pineapple, broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper and pineapple chunks and cook another 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water, and gradually stir into the sauce. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Hawaii as close as the Campbell's soup on your shelf. I found this in Woman's Day magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan ton use pineapple in syrup made from Splenda.
Provided by internetnut
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving syrup.
- In skillet, brown chicken in shortening; pour off fat. Add reserved syrup, broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Cover; cook over low heat 40 minutes. Add green pepper and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes more or until done. Stir occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water; gradually stir into sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Serve with cooked parsleyed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652, Fat 34.2, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 176.2, Sodium 575.7, Carbohydrate 25.8, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 17.2, Protein 57
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN STRIPS.
- I used a bone in chicken breast which I got the strips from, but you're free to use boneless chicken breast if you'd like to save on time. Remember to wash the strips with the juice of a lime or lemon and cool water, then drain dry.
- Chop (finely) the scallions, thyme and parsley. Then add it to the bowl with the cracker crumbs and give it a good stir. I know this step is a bit strange to my Caribbean readers as we're seasoning the bread crumbs and not the chicken as we would traditionally do.
- Cut the chicken into 1/4 inch strips (don't fuss with being even), wash, drain and set aside. Crack both eggs into another bowl and toss in the black pepper and salt and give it a whisk. We now have the chicken cut into pieces, the seasoned crumbs and eggs. It's time to set up a batter and frying station. We'll need the veg oil in a deep pan (I used a small wok so the oil doesn't splatter onto the stove while frying) on med/high heat, a plate with the flour, the seasoned crumbs, the chicken strips, egg wash and have a paper towel lined plate or basket to drain off the excess oil when the chicken strips are done cooking.
- Take a piece of chicken and dust it in the flour, then into the eggs (make sure it's covered in the eggs mix) and drain off the excess egg and roll in the seasoned bread crumbs. Do about 4-5 of these so once you start adding to the hot oil, you'll have a few to go in at the same time.
- Your oil should be hot by now, so gently place each strip inches Flip after a couple minutes and keep an eye on them. If you find that they're browning too fast, turn your heat down a bit. It takes about 5-7 minutes to fully cook and have that lovely golden brown color. Drain on the paper towels and continue until all the chicken strips are cooked. Sprinkle (while hot) with a little sea salt (not mentioned in the ingredient list).
GREEK ISLAND CHICKEN SHISH KEBABS
This is a nice change from the ordinary grilled chicken. This is excellent served with pita bread, a garlicky tzatziki, and a Greek salad. Lamb can be substituted for the chicken, and many variations on vegetables can be used.
Provided by Dolce Cuoco
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before use.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess liquid. Discard the remaining marinade. Alternately thread pieces of the marinated chicken with pieces of bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.6 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Cholesterol 86.1 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 33.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 180.6 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
ISLAND JERK CHICKEN RECIPE
Bring home some Caribbean taste with our Island Jerk Chicken Recipe. One bite of our Island Jerk Chicken Recipe and you may feel a slight island breeze.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients except chicken; pour over chicken in shallow dish. Turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
- Heat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Broil chicken, 4 inches from heat, 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (165°F).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 1 g, Protein 25 g
TANGY TROPICAL CHICKEN
In this colorful dish, exotic fruits such as mango and pineapple beautifully complement the chicken and lend a pleasant hint of sweetness that's balanced by a bit of soy sauce. -Christina Aho, Naples, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with mangoes, onion, red pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours., Remove chicken mixture to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring juices to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with chicken mixture, rice and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 760mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
ISLAND STYLE SUKIYAKI
This is an all time favorite in the Island, especially for fiesta, or any family gathering. This dish has a lightly sweet taste blended with soy sauce which makes it so good and it is a dish of it's own. You have your starch, meat and vegetables all in one. Great dish for served with rice.
Provided by Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero @conchik
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Soak noodles in a large bowl of water to softened. (About 20 minutes)
- Using small sauce pan, turn heat to med-low heat for a few minutes. Add soy sauce and bring to boiling (bubbly). Slowly, add sugar a little at a time as you stir with whisk. Still boiling on medium to low heat,Add black pepper, **continue whisking** at all times as it boils. You will see the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a large Wok, on medium heat, add canola oil to saute onions and garlic. Let cook until the onions turn translucent and garlic lightly brown in color.
- Add chicken and let cook for a couple minutes, then stir with a large spoon. Let cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add Sukiyaki sauce with the chicken and stir to blend together.
- Add carrots, celery, spinach, cabbage, and mushroom. Stir to incorporate the chicken and vegetables. Cover Wok and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and mix again to blend with all the ingredients. Let cook for 5 more minutes to cook the noodles.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle the green onions on top. Cover then stir to mix together. Serve over white rice.
More about "island style chicken recipes"
HAWAIIAN GRILLED TERIYAKI CHICKEN - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
ITALIAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN RECIPES
THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
25 OF OUR BEST GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED ISLAND BARBECUED CHICKEN LEG QUARTERS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
GRILLED SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN RECIPE (WITH DRY RUB) | KITCHN
SAVORY BAKED ISLAND CHICKEN - THEGARDENINGCOOK.COM
ISLAND STYLE ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BANANAS - MOMOF6
10 BEST HAWAIIAN STYLE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
RECIPE – ISLAND STYLE DRUNK GRILLED CHICKEN. - THE ST KITTS …
ISLAND STYLE DRUNK GRILLED CHICKEN. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
BEST ISLAND-STYLE JERK CHICKEN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
ISLAND-STYLE OVEN ROASTED DRUMSTICKS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
QUICK AND EASY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - YOUTUBE
HAWAIIAN ISLAND-STYLE CHICKEN - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
ISLAND CHICKEN MARINADE - THE COZY COOK
ISLAND STYLE CHILI PEPPA CHICKEN TENDERS - SOUL&STREUSEL
23 SIMPLE GROUND CHICKEN RECIPES - EASY GROUND CHICKEN IDEAS
BAKED HAWAIIAN STYLE CHICKEN THIGHS - NOSHTASTIC
RHODE ISLAND FAMILY STYLE CHICKEN DINNER - BIGOVEN.COM
ITALIAN BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - PINTEREST
ISLAND-SPICED CHICKEN SALAD WITH MANGO AND SCALLIONS
RHODE ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN WINGS - CHEF JASON SANTOS
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN STRIPS. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
ISLAND STYLE FRIED CHICKEN AT THE LOFT - PINTEREST
ISLAND STYLE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS - KINGSHAWAIIAN.COM
ISLAND STYLE GAMES NIGHT JUMBO HOTDOGS - THE BEST DRESSED …
HOW TO MAKE HAWAII-STYLE SHOYU CHICKEN. TWO RECIPES.
ISLAND RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ISLAND-STYLE TROPICAL CHICKEN CUPS APPETIZER | FOODAL
AUNTIE LYNN’S SUPAH’ ONO CHICKEN ADOBO – TASTY ISLAND
RHODE ISLAND-STYLE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
HAWAIIAN ISLAND STYLE FRIED RICE - SAVORY SPICERACK
GORDON'S IGA - RECIPE: ISLAND HERB ROASTED CHICKEN
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #lunch #main-dish #easy #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #taste-mood #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love