Drawing inspiration from a Neapolitan classic, we simmer steak in a tomato-based sauce flavored with peppers and onions for a hearty one-pot meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle the steak all over with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and sear until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add the garlic to the skillet. Once it sizzles, add the onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften slightly, about 4 minutes. Add the pepperoncini, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and 3/4 cup water and stir to combine. Bring to a rapid simmer, then nestle the steak in the sauce and simmer, turning once, until medium rare, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes. Continue simmering the sauce until thickened, about 3 more minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divide among plates. Top with the sauce and parsley. Serve with focaccia.
CHEF JOHN'S STEAK PIZZAIOLA
There are hundreds of ways to make pizzaiola, from versions featuring slowly braised tough cuts of beef to quickly seared tenderloin medallions, like I used here. The one thing most people agree on is that you should, if at all possible, use really fresh, very sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes. Serve on top of toasted bread with mozzarella cheese.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Season steak medallions with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add steaks and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reserve oil in skillet.
- Place mushrooms and butter into the skillet and season with salt; cook and stir until mushrooms are softened and beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add peppers and cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in wine and sprinkle in dried oregano. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until the wine is nearly evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir tomato concasse into the mushroom mixture and simmer until tomato is softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add fresh oregano, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place steaks back into the skillet with the mushroom mixture and cook until warmed through and cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 63 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 424.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE)
This Italian steak is requested often by my family. I serve it with a fresh salad, warm bread, and with either mashed potatoes or pasta. The steaks make a very thin olive oil type sauce that can be used with the pasta. Don't forget the Chianti!
Provided by Kim D.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F is using glass baking dish).
- Place steaks, in one layer, in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mash up tomatoes and pour on top of steaks, spreading to cover steaks.
- Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, onion salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and bake, uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Take steaks out of oven; sprinkle tops with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- *NOTE* If you want to use the sauce over pasta, you might want to add 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce along with the can of stewed tomatoes to make it go a little further.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2, Fat 33.1, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 104.9, Sodium 468.1, Carbohydrate 8.7, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 4, Protein 30.9
- Pat steaks dry and cut 3 (1-inch-long) slits 1 inch apart across center cartilage (to keep meat from curling). Put meat between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thick with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin. Discard plastic wrap and sprinkle steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (total).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook steaks in 2 batches, turning over once, until meat is just medium-rare, 2 minutes per batch. Transfer steaks to a platter as cooked and keep warm, loosely covered with foil. (Do not wipe skillet clean.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and sauté onion and bell pepper over moderately high heat, stirring, until onion is golden, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté, stirring, until mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes. Add vermouth and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add water and tomatoes with their juice, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes and onion are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook until most of liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon vegetable sauce on top of steaks.
PENNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA (PENNE PIZZA-STYLE)
This is an easy to make and yummy pasta recipe that I found in an Italian cookbook. I make it especially when I don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. It smells like pizza, and tastes like pasta ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as we do here!
Provided by stelladelsud
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring water to a boil. Add penne and cook approximately 3-4 min less then stated on the package.
- Without heating the oil first, put all ingredients: olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper in a pan and cook for about 30min on medium heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss in a casserole dish.
- Add the cooked tomato sauce.
- Then the mozzarella cut into small pieces.
- Add some oregano on top.
- And finally a little bit of olive oil all over the pasta.
- Bake for about 5-10 minute in the oven (high heat) until the mozzarella melts.
- Enjoy, Buon appetito!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.1, Fat 15, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 22.1, Sodium 743.5, Carbohydrate 94.1, Fiber 5.4, Sugar 6.9, Protein 22.6
More about "italian pizzaiola beefsteak pizza style recipes"
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Ratings 96Calories 232 per servingCategory Secondi
PIZZA STYLE STEAK - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
ITALIAN POT ROAST INSTANT POT OR CROCKPOT | 24BITE® …
STEAK PIZZAIOLA WITH PASTA - COOKING WITH NONNA
PIZZAIOLA (FETTINE DI MANZO, STEAK COOKED ALLA PIZZAIOLA)
STEAK PIZZAIOLA (EASY, CLASSIC VERSION WITH HOMEMADE …
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - (CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA) - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
SLICED BEEF PIZZAIOLA - A DELICIOUS ITALIAN EASY DINNER IDEA
OLD SCHOOL ITALIAN COMFORT FOOD: STEAK PIZZAIOLA
STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - BEEF RECIPES - ITALIAN RECIPES - DELISH
LA PIZZAIOLA ("PIZZA-MAKER'S" BEEF) - MEMORIE DI ANGELINA
STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH HERBS & SPICES | FOOD …
ITALIAN 'ALLA PIZZAIOLA' BEEF RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE A QUICK
EASY STEAK PIZZAIOLA - GRILL MOMMA
BEST STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - SUNDAY SUPPER MOVEMENT
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - ADD PIZZA FLAVOR TO YOUR STEAK - SIP ... - SIP AND …
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
STEAK PIZZAIOLA THAT'S WORTH REPEATING - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
ITALIAN BEEF PIZZA - COOKING WITH CARLEE
CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA - STEFAN'S GOURMET BLOG
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE) - CHAMPSDIET.COM
STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE EASY STEAK PIZZAIOLA FOR WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
THE BEST STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE [EVER] - THE PROUD ITALIAN
STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - COOKIST
STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA: A TASTY MAIN COURSE FROM CAMPANIA
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - DAD'S COOKIN
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
PIN ON AUTUMN ITALIAN RECIPES - PINTEREST
PIZZAIOLA STYLE BEEF - COOKBOOK - TORCIANO
You'll also love