Drawing inspiration from a Neapolitan classic, we simmer steak in a tomato-based sauce flavored with peppers and onions for a hearty one-pot meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sprinkle the steak all over with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and sear until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add the garlic to the skillet. Once it sizzles, add the onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften slightly, about 4 minutes. Add the pepperoncini, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and 3/4 cup water and stir to combine. Bring to a rapid simmer, then nestle the steak in the sauce and simmer, turning once, until medium rare, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest about 5 minutes. Continue simmering the sauce until thickened, about 3 more minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divide among plates. Top with the sauce and parsley. Serve with focaccia.
CHEF JOHN'S STEAK PIZZAIOLA
There are hundreds of ways to make pizzaiola, from versions featuring slowly braised tough cuts of beef to quickly seared tenderloin medallions, like I used here. The one thing most people agree on is that you should, if at all possible, use really fresh, very sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes. Serve on top of toasted bread with mozzarella cheese.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Season steak medallions with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add steaks and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Reserve oil in skillet.
- Place mushrooms and butter into the skillet and season with salt; cook and stir until mushrooms are softened and beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add peppers and cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in wine and sprinkle in dried oregano. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until the wine is nearly evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir tomato concasse into the mushroom mixture and simmer until tomato is softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add fresh oregano, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Adjust salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place steaks back into the skillet with the mushroom mixture and cook until warmed through and cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 63 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 424.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE)
This Italian steak is requested often by my family. I serve it with a fresh salad, warm bread, and with either mashed potatoes or pasta. The steaks make a very thin olive oil type sauce that can be used with the pasta. Don't forget the Chianti!
Provided by Kim D.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F is using glass baking dish).
- Place steaks, in one layer, in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mash up tomatoes and pour on top of steaks, spreading to cover steaks.
- Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, onion salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and bake, uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Take steaks out of oven; sprinkle tops with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- *NOTE* If you want to use the sauce over pasta, you might want to add 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce along with the can of stewed tomatoes to make it go a little further.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2, Fat 33.1, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 104.9, Sodium 468.1, Carbohydrate 8.7, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 4, Protein 30.9
More about "italian pizzaiola beefsteak pizza style recipes"
CHICKEN PIZZAIOLA (THE REAL ONE) - ITALIAN RECIPE BOOK
4.5/5 (2)Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Slice chicken breast into cutlets or you can use already sliced store bought cutlets. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet pan placed over medium heat add butter and a generous splash of extra virgin olive oil.
PASTA ALLA PIZZAIOLA RECIPE FROM PUGLIA. – THE PASTA PROJECT
Ratings 37Servings 4Cuisine Italian, Puglia, Southern ItalianCategory Main Course
- If using salted capers rinse under running water. If using cherry tomatoes wash them and cut into halves. Peel the garlic.
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt when it starts to boil and bring to the boil again.
- In a high-sided skillet or frying pan, sauté the garlic cloves, the anchovy fillets, the capers and the cherry tomatoes together with the olive oil. After a few minutes, once the anchovies have melted, add the tomato passata.
- Cook over a medium heat for about fifteen minutes. When half cooked, add salt to taste and sprinkle with the oregano, leave to simmer and flavor for 10 more minutes. Remove the garlic.
STEAK PIZZAIOLA - BEEF RECIPES - ITALIAN RECIPES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add the tomatoes, oregano sprigs or dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
ITALIAN POT ROAST INSTANT POT OR CROCKPOT | 24BITE® RECIPES
5/5 (33)Calories 331 per servingCategory Main Course
CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA: A TASTY MAIN COURSE FROM CAMPANIA ...
Author Giorgia Di SabatinoEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN STEAK PIZZAIOLA RECIPE WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Ratings 78Calories 232 per servingCategory Secondi
STEAK PIZZAIOLA | RAO'S HOMEMADE
ITALIAN BEEF PIZZA | A CHICAGO BEEF PIZZA | MANTITLEMENT
Servings 8Total Time 23 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 242 per serving
- Take the pizza dough out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle shape on a floured board, then place it into a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes until slightly browned but not cooked through. Take the crust out of the oven and top with the shredded beef, then the mozzarella cheese and both peppers.
CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA | YEPRECIPES.COM
4.6/5 (9)Category Main DishesCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Carefully pour in the crushed tomatoes then stir in the oregano, basil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
SLICED BEEF PIZZAIOLA - A DELICIOUS ITALIAN EASY DINNER IDEA
4.4/5 (7)Calories 406 per servingCategory Main Dishes
- In a medium frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tomatoes, half the salt, oregano, garlic, hot pepper flakes (if desired) and basil, stir to combine, then add fresh basil and water, add slices of beef, stir gently to cover with sauce then drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and remaining half of the spices.
- Cook on low heat with the lid 1/4 uncovered for approximately 25 minutes (turning after 15 minutes), then uncover and raise heat and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes until thickened (but not too thick). Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
- In a medium frying pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil, sliced pepper strips (2 medium peppers sliced), 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 clove garlic chopped. Cook on medium until peppers are soft and browned. Stirring occasionally.
- Slice a large Italian bun in half. Top with some fried peppers (or mushrooms or desired veggie). A slice of Pizzaiola and some sauce, top with a couple of slices of mozzarella. Serve hot. Enjoy!
LA PIZZAIOLA ("PIZZA-MAKER'S" BEEF) - MEMORIE DI ANGELINA
Reviews 1Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
RECIPE OF HOMEMADE ITALIAN STEAK PIZZAIOLA BATCH 8 ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
VEAL PIZZAIOLA RECIPE WITH PEPPERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE) RECIPE
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE RECIPES
ITALIAN BEEF PIZZA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PIZZAIOLA RECIPE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
STEAK ITALIAN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA (BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEEF PIZZAIOLA ITALIAN - MAARSLET PIZZA
ITALIAN PIZZAIOLA BEEFSTEAK PIZZA STYLE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN PIZZAIOLA LIDIA'S KITCHEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
CARNE ALLA PIZZAIOLA – STEFAN'S GOURMET BLOG
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook steak pizzaiola?Steak Pizzaiola. This saucy steak dish is an Italian American classic descended from Naples, home of pizza. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, oregano sprigs or dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
What is pizzaiola sauce made of?Pizzaiola is, after all, tomato sauce based and therefore every Italian must have their own secret pizzaiola sauce recipe! Basic components do however stay the same. Beef, tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and oregano are basic ingredients of every Italian steak pizzaiola recipe.
Is there an Italian beef pizza recipe?This Italian Beef Pizza has all the flavors of an Italian Beef Sandwich right on a pizza! This pizza recipe will have you ditching take out for good! This tasty pizza recipe starts with our SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF recipe! No more boring pizza delivery nights… Epic. Pizza. Recipe.
Can you cook pizzaiola in a slow cooker?Similar to the oven method, the steak will be pan-seared and then added to the slow cooker with the sauce. A few hours on low heat and your authentic steak pizzaiola is ready- no fuss at all!. The slow cooker pizzaiola is great as it produces some very tender steak thanks to the extended cooking time.