SAUSAGE CORNBREAD STUFFING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, add the onions and celery and saute over to medium heat. Season with salt and cook until the vegetables start to become soft and are very aromatic. Add the sausage and cook until the sausage begins to brown. Stir in the garlic and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the walnuts, sage and rosemary and cook for another minute, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the cornbread, cranberries, and the sausage mixture. Add chicken stock and knead with your hands until the bread is very moist, actually wet. Taste to check for seasoning and season with salt, if needed and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Bake the stuffing until it is hot all the way through and is crusty on top, about 30 to 35 minutes. MMMMM...stuffing!
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING
Italian sausage and a heap of Parmesan cheese lend signature flair to the easy Thanksgiving dressing recipe.
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Generously butter baking dish.
- Put bread in 2 shallow baking pans and bake, switching position of pans halfway through baking, until just dried out, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook half of sausage, stirring and breaking it into small pieces, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Brown remaining sausage in remaining tablespoon oil, transferring to bowl.
- Pour off fat from skillet and wipe clean. Heat butter over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, celery, garlic, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vegetables and bread to sausage.
- Whisk together eggs, ½ cup cream, turkey stock, cheese, and parsley, then stir into stuffing and cool completely, about 30 minutes. Reserve 5 cups stuffing to stuff turkey and spoon remainder into baking dish, then drizzle with remaining ¼ cup cream. Cover stuffing and chill.
- About 1 hour before stuffed turkey is finished roasting, bring dish of stuffing to room temperature. When turkey is done, increase oven temperature to 425°F and bake stuffing, covered tightly with foil, until hot throughout, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes more.
- Cooks' Note: Bread can be toasted 3 days ahead and kept (once cool) in a sealed bag at room temperature. Stuffing can be prepared (but not baked) 4 hours before roasting turkey. If baking stuffing at the same time as potatoes, put stuffing in upper third of oven and potatoes in bottom third (allow extra time).
SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING
If you prefer a plain bread stuffing, just omit the sausage.From the book "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Stuffs a 16- to 20-pound turkey
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil, and cook the sausage, stirring and breaking it up until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it melts, add the onion and celery. Saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cubed bread to the mixture and toast and turn a bit. Stir in the cooked sausage, the chicken broth, and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute. Cool the mixture. (This can be done quickly by spreading the mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet and chilling it in the refrigerator.)
- Stuff the mixture into the cavity and neck of a cooked turkey, or place it in a large buttered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through.
SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1.Heat a large skillet, add the olive oil, and cook the sausage, stirring and breaking it up until browned, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate. 2.Add the butter to the skillet and when it melts, add the onion and celery. Saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. 3.Add the cubed bread to the mixture and toast and turn a bit. Stir in the cooked sausage, the chicken broth, and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute. Cool the mixture. (This can be done quickly by spreading the mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet and chilling it in the refrigerator.) 4.Stuff the mixture into the cavity and neck of a cooked turkey, or place it in a large buttered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and heated through.
More about "italian sausage and bread stuffing recipes"
CLASSIC BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Category ThanksgivingTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . Grease a 9-by- 13-inch baking dish. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the bread to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to the bread. Discard all but 2 tbsp. of the drippings from the skillet.
- Melt the butter in the reserved drippings in the skillet. Add the celery and onions and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Scrape into the bowl with the bread and add the chicken broth, egg, cranberries, parsley, sage, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Mix well and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with greased foil and bake until hot, about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
5/5 (13)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine AmericanCategory Side-Dish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add the celery and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sage. Add the broth, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the parsley, bread cubes and sausage-broth mixture and stir until combined. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish. Cut the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small cubes and scatter evenly over the stuffing. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden, 20 to 30 more minutes.
CIABATTA BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE AND HERBS - PROUD ...
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ITALIAN BREAD & SAUSAGE STUFFING - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4/5 (5)Category Side DishesCuisine AmericanCalories 300 per serving
SAUSAGE-AND-BREAD STUFFING RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD …
4/5 Category Side Dishes
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a large baking dish. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast for 25 minutes, stirring, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the 1 stick of butter. Pour half of the butter into a small bowl and reserve. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Scrape the vegetables into a large bowl. Add the sausage to the skillet in lumps and cook over moderately high heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the sage and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the stock and cook, scraping up any bits stuck to the pan, until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the sausage mixture into the large bowl and add the toasted bread cubes. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock and stir until the bread is evenly moistened. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread the stuffing in the baking dish and brush with the reserved melted butter.
- Bake the stuffing in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until it is heated through and the top is browned and crisp. Let the stuffing stand for 10 minutes before serving.
BEST EVER ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING - SAVORING ITALY
Ratings 6Servings 16Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Dinner
- Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until dried and toasted. They should be golden brown. Transfer the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the sausages over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. I didn’t find ground sausage so I bought sausage in the casing and removed it from casing before browning it. Use ground sausage if you found it.
OLD-FASHIONED BREAD STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE
Ratings 8Calories 461 per servingCategory Holiday Side, Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spread bread cubes on two large baking sheets and toast for 30 minutes, stirring and rotating pans, until lightly browned and crisp. Transfer to very large bowl when done.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt 1 stick of butter. Pour half the melted butter in a bowl and reserve for later, to brush the top of the stuffing. To the pan with remaining melted butter, add celery, carrots and onion, a sprinkle of salt, and cook and stir over medium-high heat until softened and starting to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add sausage to skillet in chunks, and cook, breaking it up with wooden spoon, until cooked through and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Return vegetable mixture to the skillet and add the sage and thyme, a little salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of stock, cook and stir up any browned bits, until stock is reduced and cooked down by half, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to bowl with the toasted bread cubes. Add remaining 2 to 2½ cups of stock and toss well until bread cubes are evenly moistened. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spread stuffing into large, buttered baking dish (about 3½ quart size) and brush with the reserved melted butter.
GREAT GRANDMA'S SAUSAGE STUFFING - 40 APRONS
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 655 per serving
- In a large frying pan or skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until mostly browned, crumbling with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add onions, parsley, and celery. Cook together for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour dry seasoned stuffing into a large bowl or 9x13" baking pan. Add sausage-vegetable mixture, sage, and egg to stuffing in pan. Pour over 2 cups chicken stock and mix well to combine. Add more chicken stock, as desired, to reach desired moistness: 2 cups total for a drier stuffing, 4 cups for a much moister, denser stuffing (our preference).
- Stuff in your turkey and bake as directed, or bake in a 9x13" pan at 350º F for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve alongside carved turkey or chicken.
MY FAVORITE SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 375 per serving
- Spread out the bread onto two baking sheets. Dry them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on how dry you like your bread cubes. Put the bread in a large bowl and toss with the poultry seasoning.
- Saute the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
ITALIAN TURKEY STUFFING - LA BELLA VITA CUCINA
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side Dish, Bread, HolidaysCalories 500 per serving
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with the thyme, sage, rosemary . . . salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet, cook the onions, celery, AND celery leaves in 9 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat until softened and tender (about 8 to 10 minutes) stirring occasionally and then add this to the bowl of bread cubes.
- In the skillet, cook the giblets in 2 Tbsp. of butter over moderate heat, stirring for 4 minutes or until they are browned . . . adding salt & pepper to taste.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
5/5 (5)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 377 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Distribute the diced cornbread evenly on a baking sheet and dry out in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook for several minutes, allowing the pieces to caramelize. Once they are nicely browned, move them to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain some but not all of the fat from the pan and then add the diced onion and celery with a pinch of salt. The liquid from the vegetables should help loosen up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan; stir those in with the vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the onions are slightly caramelized. Add the garlic, thyme and sage and cook for another minute before removing from the heat. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the chicken stock, half and half and egg. Pour the mixture over the cornbread. Add the sausage as well as the vegetable mixture and fold the ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the ingredients to chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish and distribute the stuffing ingredients evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
SAUSAGE AND SOURDOUGH BREAD STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (15)Calories 149 per servingServings 14
- Arrange bread in single layers on 2 jelly-roll pans. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden, rotating pans after 10 minutes. Turn oven off; leave pans in oven for 30 minutes or until bread is crisp.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 11 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add sausage to pan. Increase heat; sauté 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Remove sausage from pan using a slotted spoon; add sausage to vegetable mixture. Stir in bread, herbs, and pepper; toss. Combine broth, 1 cup water, and egg, stirring well. Drizzle broth mixture over bread mixture; toss. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes or until browned.
ITALIAN CHARD STUFFING RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
Servings 16Total Time 1 hr 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCalories 318 per serving
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices in a large bowl and add milk. Mix gently with a spoon to saturate with milk and let stand about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place a 6- to 8-qt. pot over high heat. Squeeze sausages from casings into pot. Discard casings. Cook meat, stirring often to crumble, until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes; discard fat. Add parsley, garlic, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add chard and 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- With your hands, squeeze bread slices to break them into tiny pieces. Add cooked meat mixture, parmesan, basil, sage, and rosemary. Season with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 325° or 350° (use temperature turkey requires; see Note below). Spoon stuffing into a shallow 3-qt. (9- by 13-in.) casserole. For moist stuffing, cover with foil; for crusty stuffing, do not cover. Bake until hot (at least 150° in center) or lightly browned, at least 30 minutes.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
3.5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Place the cubed bread on a baking sheet; then spray them with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until they turned golden brown.
- While the bread was toasting, brown the sausage on top of the stove in a skillet until no longer pink. (If you can't find ground sausage at your market, you can use sausage links and remove the casings.)
- Add the cooked sausage and toasted bread to a large bowl; then add the onion, celery, parsley, sage, rosemary and garlic powder.
RECIPE: MCCALL'S SAUSAGE BREAD STUFFING (USING CHALLAH ...
Category Side Dishes-Stuffings, DressingsReply to RecipeFrom Betsy at Recipelink.com, 01-06-2007
BEST SAUSAGE STUFFING DRESSING RECIPE - SUGAR AND SOUL
5/5 (3)Calories 557 per servingCategory Side Dish
BREAD AND SAUSAGE STUFFING | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 10
THANKSGIVING STUFFING: AN ITALIAN-AMERICAN FAMILY’S ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE AND SAGE STUFFING - INQUIRING CHEF
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAD STUFFING RECIPES
OLD WORLD ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING BEST RECIPES
SAUSAGE STUFFING • SALT & LAVENDER
SAUSAGE AND APRICOT STUFFING RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sausage and stuffing for Christmas dinner?Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes and stuffing mix. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and add to stuffing mixture. Add butter to same pan.
What is the best way to make Italian stuffing?Add the cooked sausage and toasted bread to a large bowl; then add chopped onion, celery, parsley, sage, rosemary and garlic powder. Heat 2 cups of chicken stock; then add 1 cup of it to the bowl and mix well. Gradually add the remaining chicken stock 1/4 cup at a time until the stuffing is wet.
How to cook Italian sausage with stock and bread?Add 1 cup of stock, cook and stir up any browned bits, until stock is reduced and cooked down by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage mixture to bowl with the toasted bread cubes. Add remaining 2 to 2½ cups of stock and toss well until bread cubes are evenly moistened. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
How to cook Italian sausage in oven with butter?Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and no longer pink, about 6 minutes.