JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SWEET SESAME SEEDS
You will need a Japanese mortar and pestle (suribachi and surikogi) for this recipe, as the sweet flavor of the roasted sesame is most intense when ground. This can also be made with asparagus instead of spinach.
Provided by Bitchin Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the spinach 3 to 4 cups at a time. Cook and stir to wilt, then add more spinach.
- Grind the sesame seeds into fine crumbs using a mortar and pestle. When spinach is wilted, move it to the sides of the pan and sprinkle sugar in the center. When the sugar melts, stir in the spinach to coat.
- Transfer spinach to a serving plate and sprinkle ground sesame seeds on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.4 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 66.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH
I am always looking for new ways to cook greens. This is from Moosewood and it looks yummy and easy to make! 4 servings. 15 minutes
Provided by dicentra
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Clean the spinach and remove any tough stems. Shake off excess water and place in a pot. Set aside.
- In a dry skillet, roast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes until fragrant and golden. DO NOT burn them!
- Combine sugar and soy sauce. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the sesame seeds.
- Place spinach on high heat and steam for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Drain if necessary. Toss with soy-sesame mixture and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.5, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 375.3, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 4, Sugar 2.8, Protein 5.7
JAPANESE-STYLE SPINACH, WITH SESAME SEEDS
- Toast sesame seeds by placing them in a pan in a 300-degree oven for about 10 minutes, until lightly brown. Set aside.
- Thoroughly wash spinach, dry it and remove stems. Coarsely chop.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet, add spinach and cook, stirring, from three to five minutes, until the moisture has evaporated from the pan and the spinach has just wilted.
- Spoon spinach into a serving dish, toss with sesame oil and soy sauce and serve sprinkled with sesame seed.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 125, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 236 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
SPINACH WITH SESAME SEEDS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 bento servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the spinach, oil, sugar and soy sauce. Cook the spinach, stirring, until the leaves are just wilted, about 3 minutes. Spread the spinach out flat on a plate to cool quickly in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. (This will keep it a vivid green.)
- When the spinach is cool, taste and correct seasoning. Pile in a bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
SPINACH WITH SESAME SEED DRESSING #1 (HORENSO NO GOMA AE)
A standard dish in Japanese home cooking as well as restaurants. The dressing is equally good with tender-crisp green beans or tender cooked Brussels sprouts. From Elizabeth Andoh's classic, "At Home With Japanese Cooking".
Provided by zeldaz51
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Remove the stems before washing the spinach leaves. Bring a large pot of saslted water to a rolling boil and cook the spinach until it barely wilts. Drain and refresh the spinach under cold running water. Squeeze out excess moisture before chopping the spinach coarsely.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a skillet over medium-high heat and transfer them to a suribachi (Japanese grinding mortar) while still warm. Crush the sesame seeds well before adding the sugar. Continue to grind the sesame and sugar untilthe misture is quite pasty, then add the soy sauce and blend well. You can also do this in a blender or food processor, but will have to double or tripe the quantities to get the volume necessary to engage the blades of your machine; store excess in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator.
- Toss the chopped spinach in the dressing and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 928.7, Carbohydrate 11.3, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 5, Protein 6.4
SPINACH WITH SESAME SHOYU DRESSING
- Rinse spinach and drain lightly. With water still clinging to leaves, cook in 3 batches in an 8-quart pot over moderately high heat, covered, turning occasionally with tongs, until wilted and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Transfer as cooked to a colander, then rinse under cold water until cool and drain well. Squeeze small handfuls of spinach to remove as much moisture as possible, then in 3 batches wrap spinach in several layers of paper towels and squeeze to remove even more moisture. Coarsely chop spinach.
- On a 16-inch sheet of plastic wrap, form half of spinach into a 13 1/2- by 1 1/2-inch log. Repeat with remaining spinach on another sheet of plastic wrap. Use plastic wrap and your hands to roll, compact, and smooth sides of logs. Remove and discard plastic wrap. With a sharp knife, cut each spinach log crosswise into 9 (1 1/2-inch) pieces (18 total), then arrange, cut sides up, on a platter, reshaping and smoothing mounds with your fingers.
- Finely grind 2 teaspoons sesame seeds in a blender, then add peanut oil, vinegar, mirin, shoyu, sesame oil, and salt and blend until combined well. Spoon 1 teaspoon dressing over each spinach mound, stirring dressing occasionally (it will separate as it stands), and sprinkle mounds with remaining 4 teaspoons sesame seeds.
SESAME SEARED TUNA AND SUSHI BAR SPINACH SALAD
This recipe is dedicated to the other side of the sushi bar menu, where after you work your way through the nigiri and sushi rolls, you discover things like tuna tataki and cold, Japanese-style spinach salad. While I can't promise authenticity, I can promise this is fast and simple to make--and I think, extremely delicious.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place spinach in a dry pot set over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until it just begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer into a strainer to cool.
- While spinach cools, toast white sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat until light golden brown. Transfer into a mortar and pestle and crush into a very coarse paste, leaving some seeds whole. Add white sugar, soy sauce, and mirin. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine and reserve.
- Transfer cooled spinach to a towel and squeeze out any excess liquid. Chop roughly and add to a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and mix well. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
- Mix mayonnaise, miso paste, and rice vinegar together for miso mayo sauce. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Lightly salt tuna steaks, and then coat all sides well with as many sesame seeds as you like, pressing them lightly as you do.
- Brush a nonstick pan with oil and place over medium heat. Sear tuna steaks in the hot pan for 30 to 45 seconds on each side, as well as each edges.
- Slice and place tuna over the miso sauce. Brush tuna with ponzu and serve with spinach salad on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 593.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 74.1 mg, Fat 39.7 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 41.9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 1167 mg, Sugar 8 g
More about "japanese style spinach with sesame seeds recipes"
RECIPE: JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SESAME SEEDS - BURNT …
Reviews 6Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SESAME AND SOY - RECIPE
4.5/5 (2)Category Side DishesCuisine AsianCalories 60 per serving
JAPANESE-STYLE SPINACH (GOMAE) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SESAME DRESSING - THE NEW YORK …
OSHITASHI : BOILED SPINACH WITH SESAME SEEDS | PICKLED …
HOURENSOU NO GOMAAE RECIPE (SPINACH SALAD WITH …
SPINACH WITH SESAME SAUCE - THE JAPANESE KITCHEN
JAPANESE-STYLE SESAME SPINACH - RECIPES
SPINACH WITH SESAME | VEGAN RECIPES FROM JAPANESE KITCHEN
JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SWEET SESAME SEEDS - ASIAN RECIPES
SPINACH WITH SESAME SAUCE | YUCA'S JAPANESE COOKING
SPINACH TOWER WITH SESAME SEEDS RECIPE - DAILY COOKING QUEST
JAPANESE SPINACH SALAD WITH SESAME (HORENSO GOMAAE) RECIPE | USE …
86 EASY AND TASTY JAPANESE SPINACH RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
GOMAAE JAPANESE SPINACH WITH GOMA DRESSING - I HEART UMAMI®
EASIEST EVER KOREAN SESAME SPINACH SIDE DISH - ASIAN TEST KITCHEN
JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SWEET SESAME SEEDS RECIPE
THE JAPANESE VEGETARIAN KITCHEN: SPINACH WITH SESAME DRESSING
BEST JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SPINACH WITH SESAME SEEDS JAPANESE COOKING RECIPE
JAPANESE-STYLE SPINACH SALAD WITH SESAME RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
RECIPE: JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH : NPR
JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH SALAD (HORENSO GOMAAE) ほうれん草の …
JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SWEET SESAME SEEDS JAPANESE COOKING …
GOMAE (JAPANESE SPINACH SALAD WITH SESAME SAUCE) - PICKLED PLUM
JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH SALAD (HOURENSO NO GOMAAE) - SUDACHI …
SPINACH IN SESAME DRESSING | JAPANESE RECIPES | SBS FOOD
SPINACH KURO GOMA-AE (BLACK SESAME DRESSING) - RECIPETIN JAPAN
JAPANESE SESAME SPINACH - SCALING BACK
SPINACH WITH SESAME SAUCE - JAPANESE COOKING RECIPES, …
JAPANESE SPINACH & SESAME SALAD - GOMA AE (ごま和え)
GOMAE (JAPANESE SPINACH SALAD) - SALU SALO RECIPES
JAPANESE MAYONNAISE DRESSING RECIPE - CELSA KEELER
THE BEST SPINACH GOMA-AE (JAPANESE SPINACH WITH SESAME)
You'll also love