AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE
I found this recipe on www.jamaicans.com. We tried this and WOW was it awesome. I did not have allspice berries so I substituted ground allspice using one full tablespoon.
Provided by CHRISSYG
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put content in a food processor or blender and liquify.
- Pour sauce in a jar and keep refrigerated.
- The sauce will keep forever if kept refrigerated.
- To increase spiciness blend pepper and pimento and add to sauce the hot peppers at any time.
- Marinate meat at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 107.1, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 351, Carbohydrate 25.9, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 20.7, Protein 2.2
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE
- Blend green onions, peanut oil, vinegar, allspice, habanero peppers, ginger, garlic, lime juice, brown sugar, thyme, soy sauce, ketchup, peppercorns, and cinnamon in a blender until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 553.3 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
RUM-INFUSED JERK SAUCE
Rum and pumpkin spice compliment the bold, vibrant flavors of this beloved Jamaican marinade typically made with ingredients like Scotch bonnet pepper, ginger, allspice and scallions.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pulse the vinegar, rum, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, chile, Pickapeppa sauce, ginger, allspice, and pumpkin pie spice in a food processor to make a slightly chunky sauce. Heat the oil in a medium skillet, add the sauce, and cook, stirring, until the oil is absorbed and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Cool.
- Copyright © 2005 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
ENA'S SIGNATURE SPICY JERK CHICKEN AND JERK SAUCE
- Lightly sprinkle the chicken with salt and coat liberally with the jerk rub. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of jerk marinade (or more to intensify the heat). Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Preheat a grill to 450 degrees F. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on the grill, skin-side up, and cover the grill. Cook until the skin is rosy brown and crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, skin-side up, and pour over a cup of Jerk Sauce. (Do not cover the chicken with sauce; just add enough to create some steam.) Cover the pan with parchment and foil and bake until the chicken is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cut the chicken legs off the thighs and cut the thighs in half. Place the chicken on a plate and add Jerk Sauce.
- Add the port, soy sauce, liquid smoke, browning sauce, vinegar and 2 cups water to a stockpot; bring to a boil. Add the adobo powder, jerk rub, poultry seasoning, jerk marinade and breadcrumbs. Add the carrots, garlic, onions, thyme and peppers. Boil over high heat until the vegetables are fully cooked and the wet marinade has dissolved into the sauce, 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes.
JERK CHICKEN AND PASTA
- Rub each breast half with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken. Garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595.2 calories, Carbohydrate 59.6 g, Cholesterol 168.9 mg, Fat 25.2 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 37.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 205.2 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "jerk sauce recipes"
AUTHENTIC JERK SAUCE - JAMAICA CAFE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until completely incorporated. Pour into a sanitized jar and place in your fridge.
AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 195Calories 54 per servingCategory Ingredient, Sauce, Condiment
GRACE JERK SEASONING - MILD - 1 BOTTLE 10 OZ - AMAZON.COM
JERK SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory SaucesCalories 158 per serving
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE | GRACE RECIPES | GRACE FOODS
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH JERK SAUCE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
REAL JAMAICAN JERK CHICKEN RECIPE - MYJAMAICANRECIPES.COM
BEST JERK RIB SAUCE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
BEST JERK SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE JERK MARINADE SAUCE - DELISH
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPE - NATURAL, AUTHENTIC - MY-ISLAND …
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
RECIPES – DADDY C’S JERK SAUCE
10 BEST SWEET JERK SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARIBBEAN JERK-STYLE HOT SAUCE RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE - HEALTHIER STEPS
AMAZING JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE (WITH CANNING INSTRUCTIONS)
JAMAICAN JERK MARINADE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY JAMAICAN JERK DIPPING SAUCE - COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
JERK SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
A CLASSIC JAMAICAN JERK MARINADE. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
JAMAICAN JERK WING SAUCE | SUPHERB FARMS
JAMAICAN JERK BBQ SAUCE - GRILL GIRL
LEVI ROOTS' JERK CHICKEN MARINADE | CARIBBEAN RECIPES
BEST JERK RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
10 BEST JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE OVEN WITH JERK DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
HOMEMADE JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE | CLASSIC BAKES
JERK CHICKEN RECIPE
EASY JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE MARINADE - RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
JAMAICAN JERK SEASONING RECIPE
JERK BBQ SAUCE - MY FORKING LIFE
JERK MARINADE - IMMACULATE BITES
BUFFALO WILD WINGS CARIBBEAN JERK SAUCE COPYCAT RECIPE
JERK RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
"YELLOW BIRD" EASY JERK BBQ SAUCE - FOOD FIDELITY
JERK CHICKEN WITH AMAZING JERK MARINADE - CHEFDEHOME.COM
JERK - GRACE FOODS
HOW TO MAKE JERK SAUCE - IN THE KITCH
JERK DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
JAMAICA JERK SAUCE – HOMEMADE AND EASY - JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
#lactose #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #sauces #condiments-etc #caribbean #easy #central-american #marinades-and-rubs #food-processor-blender #dietary #spicy #gluten-free #inexpensive #savory-sauces #free-of-something #low-in-something #taste-mood #equipment #small-appliance #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Jamaican jerk sauce?Add the allspice berries, brown sugar, scallions, garlic cloves, Scotch bonnet peppers, soy sauce, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to a food processor or a blender. Process until smooth. Use to marinate the meat of your choice. Although Jamaican jerk sauce has been traditionally used with pork, all types of meat are now seasoned this way.
Can you make jerk sauce from jerk chicken marinade?You’re getting two recipes in one on this blog post, you’re getting my Jerk chicken marinade and my jerk sauce recipe! I’m such a giver… Basically, you make the jerk marinade which you can use to marinade jerk chicken, but by simply adding a few more ingredients and cooking the marinade you can transform it into a delicious (and less sharp) sauce.
What is jerk sauce and what does it taste like?What Is Jerk Sauce? Jerk is a style of cooking that originated in Jamaica where a wet sauce or dry rub is applied to the meat of choice and then cooked. Jerk marinade or sauce tends to be spicy due to the classic use of scotch bonnet (a very spicy pepper option).
What is the best way to cook jerk chicken?Add the port, soy sauce, liquid smoke, browning sauce, vinegar and 2 cups water to a stockpot; bring to a boil. Add the adobo powder, jerk rub, poultry seasoning, jerk marinade and breadcrumbs. Add the carrots, garlic, onions, thyme and peppers.