BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS - 20 MINUTE SIDE DISH
Buckwheat Kasha with Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions, and Peas, drizzled with truffle oil for a touch of decadence. This naturally gluten-free side dish is ready in 20 minutes, and it is super healthy thanks to the nutrients in the buckwheat groats.
Provided by Kate
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine uncooked buckwheat and vegetable broth (or water) in a medium pot. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if the broth is sodium-free. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the buckwheat is tender. Drain off extra liquid if there is still liquid remaining. While the buckwheat is cooking, prepare the rest of the dish.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add the sliced onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften and turn golden brown. Add the mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to sweat in the skillet.
- When the mushrooms start releasing juices, add the frozen (or fresh) peas, and sauté for 3 minutes until they are heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked buckwheat and the chopped parsley to the skillet, and mix well over medium heat to combine all the flavors. Turn off from heat, and drizzle with truffle oil. Taste it to see if you need to add more salt. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 7 g, Sodium 5 mg, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix the groats with the egg white in a heavy quart-and-a-half saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir with a fork for two to three minutes, until the grains are separated.
- Add the mushrooms and stock. Bring to a simmer, add the thyme, cover and cook over very low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 127, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 266 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
Make and share this Kasha With Mushrooms and Onions recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Debra Weiner
Yield 6 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a dutch oven pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms and onions and saute until caramelized.
- Beat one egg in a bowl, add dried kasha and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a small skillet and add kasha/egg mixture.
- Stir until kasha kernels are separated.
- Once seperated, add kasha to onion/mushroom mix with two cups of water and one boullion cube.
- Cover for about 10 mins and turn of heat.
KASHA AND MUSHROOMS
My vegetarian friend introduced me to this dish. Full of nutrients and I think it is delicious. Adapted from Moosewood.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute, stirring often.
- While the onions are sauting, heat the vegetable broth in a saucepan, to boiling.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg and kasha.
- When the onions have softened, add in the kasha mixture and stir well to combine.
- Stir the kasha mixture for a minute or two, until the kasha kernels are separate and dry.
- When the stock boils, add it to the skillet; cover, and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or so, until the liquid is absorbed and the kasha is cooked.
- While the kasha is cooking, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in another medium skillet; saute/stir the mushrooms over high heat until the mushrooms release their juices.
- Remove the mushroom skillet from the heat.
- When the kasha is tender, add the mushrooms and 2-3 tablespoons of their liquid.
- Add in the soy sauce, dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
MUSHROOM KASHA BURGERS WITH CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE
Think meatless has to mean boring? These delicious patties, made with earthy portabella mushrooms and hearty kasha, defy the bland reputation of vegetarian burgers. A fiery dollop of chipotle mayonnaise makes them even more irresistible.
Provided by Alexis Touchet
Categories Sandwich Mushroom Onion Pepper Fry Vegetarian Dinner Lunch Mayonnaise Summer Healthy Gourmet Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Kosher Diabetes-Friendly
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring water to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, then stir in kasha. Cover and reduce heat to low, then cook until kasha is tender and water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Break one third of mushrooms into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, then transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining 2 batches of mushrooms, transferring to bowl.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until any liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mushrooms begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, then stir in kasha, parsley, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup bread crumbs until combined well. Cool 10 minutes, then stir in egg until combined well.
- Line a platter with foil. Spread remaining cup bread crumbs in a shallow baking dish.
- Form one fourth of mushroom mixture (about 3/4 cup) into a 3/4-inch-thick patty (3 1/2 inches in diameter), then dredge in bread crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to platter. Form and dredge 3 more patties, transferring to platter. Chill patties, loosely covered with plastic wrap, 1 hour.
- Heat oil in cleaned 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then fry patties, turning over once, until deep golden, about 4 minutes total. Transfer patties to paper towels to drain (patties will be soft).
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise and chipotle sauce.
- Spread bread with chipotle mayonnaise and sandwich each mushroom patty between 2 slices.
MUSHROOM AND KASHA STUFFING
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories side dish
Yield Five cups, enough for 10 pounds of poultry
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place the groats in a small, heavy saucepan. Stir in the egg to coat the grains. Cook over medium high heat, stirring, until the groats are dry and separate. Don't worry if some of the egg has coated the pan. Add 1 1/2 cups of stock, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the groats are just tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. (This proportion of liquid to grain is smaller than recommended on the package. The results are crunchy and separate, but additional moisture is picked up in the process of cooking the stuffing in the poultry and the grains will soften.)
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, saute until just beginning to soften, then add the mushrooms. Saute over medium high heat until the mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add the scallions, garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Stir in the cooked kasha and the bread. Moisten with the remaining one-half cup of stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 203, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 29 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 374 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WILD MUSHROOM AND ONION KASHA
Provided by Marlena Spieler
Categories Mushroom Onion Side Sauté Christmas Low Fat Vegetarian Low Cal High Fiber Dinner Family Reunion Healthy Christmas Eve Potluck Bon Appétit Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place porcini in small bowl with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Let soak until mushrooms are soft, 1 hour. Remove mushrooms from liquid; squeeze dry. Set mushrooms aside. Strain soaking liquid, leaving any sediment behind. Reserve soaking liquid.
- Combine buckwheat groats and beaten egg in heavy large pot (preferably nonstick). Stir over medium heat until grains are separated and lightly browned, 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer onions to bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, all mushrooms, and garlic to same skillet. Sauté until mushrooms are brown and tender, about 7 minutes. Add 1/2 cup reserved porcini soaking liquid and boil until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining reserved soaking liquid and 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth to pot with buckwheat groats. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until buckwheat groats are almost tender, stirring occasionally and adding more vegetable broth by 1/4 cupfuls if needed, about 20 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms to pot and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- *Available at many supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Italian markets.
This is one of the great Jewish comfort foods. It's easy to put together, and leftovers make a surprisingly delicious breakfast. Find kasha with other grains or in the kosher foods section. -Joanne Weintraub, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms in oil in a large skillet until lightly browned, about 9 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside., Combine buckwheat groats and egg in a small bowl; add to the same skillet. Cook and stir over high heat for 2-4 minutes or until buckwheat is browned, separating grains with the back of a spoon. Add the hot broth, salt and pepper., Bring to a boil; add onion mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain pasta; add to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 408mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "kasha with mushrooms recipes"
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS — A SIMPLE WAY TO USE BUCKWHEAT …
Cuisine Plant-BasedCategory Salads & SidesServings 4Total Time 40 mins
PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND KASHA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
THIS NEW JEWISH VEGETARIAN RECIPE BOOK IS A JOY IN THE KITCHEN
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS | WOOLWORTHS TASTE
ROASTED BUCKWHEAT WITH VEGETABLES – VEGAN KASHA RECIPE
KASHA AND MUSHROOM PIEROGI | COOKSTR.COM
POLISH ROASTED BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS - ALL RECIPES WITH PICTURES
JEWISH BUCKWHEAT-MUSHROOM KNISHES (KASHA) RECIPE
KASHA WITH SPINACH & MUSHROOMS — THE YUMMY VEGAN
10 BEST VEGAN KASHA RECIPES | YUMMLY
KASHA GRAIN BOWL WITH MUSHROOMS, ONION AND EGG - WASHINGTON …
KASHA WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH CARAMELIZED MUSHROOMS & ONIONS | RECIPE ...
KASHA GRAIN BOWL WITH MUSHROOMS, ONION AND EGG - ELLIE KRIEGER
WILD MUSHROOM AND ONION KASHA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH CARAMELIZED MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
RUSSIAN BUCKWHEAT KASHA RECIPE WITH BACON, ONIONS, MUSHROOMS
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS - SIDE DISH - KOSHER RECIPE - CHABAD
RUSSIAN BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS | MILKANDBUN
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH WILD MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS - FORAGER CHEF
THIS KASHA GRAIN BOWL RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS RELIES ON A SURPRISING ...
SAVORY BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS AND KASHA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KASHA WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE - LEVANA NOURISHMENTS
KASHA WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE. GLUTEN-FREE
KASHA VARNISHKES WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - PETER BERLEY
KASHA MIXED MUSHROOM GRATIN | LISA'S KITCHEN | VEGETARIAN …
KASHA (BUCKWHEAT GROATS) WITH MUSHROOMS - VEGKITCHEN.COM
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS AND OLIVES - AVOCADO PESTO
BUCKWHEAT KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS | THE NEW BAGUETTE
RECIPE: KASHA VARNISHKES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND …
KASHA WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE BY ANGELA CARLOS - THE DAILY MEAL
BUCKWHEAT WITH MUSHROOMS + 3 GIVEAWAYS! - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
KASHA WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
JEWISH KASHA VARNISHKES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BUCKWHEAT WITH MUSHROOMS - MOMSDISH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love