- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the pie crusts in 3 pie pans, and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, flour, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth, and stir in 1 cup of cream. Pour the mixture in equal amounts into the pie crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling has set, about 35 minutes. Let the pies cool, and trim off the excess pie crust down to the top of the filling.
- Place the brown sugar, 1 cup of cream, and 1/2 cup of sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly to prevent burning, until a candy thermometer reads 140 degrees F/60 degrees C, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
- Remove from the heat, and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until thickened and cool. Stir in the butter and vanilla extract, and continue beating until the butter is incorporated, about 5 minutes. The icing should be thin and smooth, like a glaze.
- Spread a thin layer of the caramel glaze on top of each pie, and firmly stack the pies together. Glaze the edges of the stacked pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 745.5 calories, Carbohydrate 91.5 g, Cholesterol 141.8 mg, Fat 40.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 19.5 g, Sodium 348.1 mg, Sugar 68.7 g
- 1. To make the crust: In a food processor, pulse the flour, salt, and sugar to mix. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal with pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle the ice water on top and pulse until large clumps form. Press the dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. 2. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck in the overhang and decoratively crimp the edges. Freeze while heating the oven. 3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the is golden and dry, about 20 minutes. Remove the parchment and pie weights. Return the crust to the oven and continue baking until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. 4. Meanwhile, make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar. Continue whisking while adding the butter, then the bourbon. Stir in the flour until well combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into the warm pie shell. 5. Bake until the filling is set and the top golden, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature.
KENTUCKY PECAN PIE
Hold on to your derby! This pecan pie goes beyond the original sweet, nutty delight and captures the flavors and traditions of Kentucky.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In medium bowl, mix flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl (1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added if necessary).
- Gather pastry into a ball. Shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 45 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable. This allows the shortening to become slightly firm, which helps make the baked pastry more flaky. If refrigerated longer, let pastry soften slightly before rolling.
- Heat oven to 375°F. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry into round 2 inches larger than upside-down 9-inch glass pie plate. Fold pastry into fourths; place in pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side. Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of pie plate. Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute as desired.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, bourbon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the eggs with wire whisk or hand beater. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge of pastry with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630, Carbohydrate 75 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 6 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 420 mg, Sugar 44 g, TransFat 2 g
COPYCAT KENTUCKY PIE
This is the closest recipe I can find to replicating the Kentucky Pie at McAlister's Deli. This stuff is absolutely to die for! It's great if you serve it like they do at McAlister's...warm, drizzled with chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream, and served with vanilla ice cream.
Provided by loriyeargan
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine sugar, flour, and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and rum.
- Melt the butter/margarine, then stir into mixture.
- Pour chocolate chips on bottom of the unbaked pie shell.
- Pour mixture over chips.
- Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in order that they are listed.
- Pour ingredients into pie shell.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718.6, Fat 47, SaturatedFat 20.4, Cholesterol 77, Sodium 242.8, Carbohydrate 77.1, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 56.5, Protein 6.7
KENTUCKY DERBY PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat corn syrup, white sugar, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed until well blended; stir in chocolate chips, pecans, butter, bourbon, and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694.1 calories, Carbohydrate 85.5 g, Cholesterol 123.5 mg, Fat 39.1 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 262 mg, Sugar 51.1 g
OLD-FASHIONED STACK CAKES
My grandmother has always fixed these at Christmas and they are the first thing everyone asks about. "Where is the stack cake?" The super thin layers are what make this recipe stand out...delicious! -Stephanie Gilbert, Whitesburg, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 stack cakes (6 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with molasses and buttermilk, beating well after each addition., Drop 2 scant 1/4 cupfuls of batter, at least 7 in. apart, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. With well-floured fingers, pat each into a 5- to 6-in. circle. Bake 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter., To assemble, place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 2 tablespoons apple butter. Repeat layers 4 times; top with a sixth layer. Repeat to make 2 more stack cakes. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. If desired, serve with additional apple butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 35mg cholesterol, Sodium 343mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "kentucky stack pie recipes"
STACK PIE RECIPE - DELISH
Cuisine AmericanCategory Autumn, Feed a Crowd, Thanksgiving, DessertServings 1Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Whisk the eggs until they are light. Add the granulated sugar, the melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla, and whisk until well combined.
KENTUCKY STACK CAKE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
KENTUCKY DERBY PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KENTUCKY STACK CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
KENTUCKY PIE RECIPE
MORHEAD KENTUCKY APPLE STACK CAKE RECIPE
BEST EVER KFC CHICKEN POT PIE - COPYKAT RECIPES
THE 10 MOST FAMOUS KENTUCKY DISHES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CORRIE'S KENTUCKY PIE | PAULA DEEN
CLASSIC KENTUCKY TRANSPARENT PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
KENTUCKY CHOCOLATE NUT PIE FOR THE DERBY - EAT AT HOME
KENTUCKY STACK PIE. | RECIPE IN 2021 | STACK PIES, APPLE PIE RECIPE ...
KENTUCKY STACK CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STACK PIE, REDISCOVERED - THE NEW YORK TIMES
KENTUCKY PECAN PIE AND WHY THERE WILL ALWAYS BE CANNED
KENTUCKY STACK PIE | GINNYGRAM
KENTUCKY TRANSPARENT PIE - TASTE OF THE SOUTH
EATING PIE BY THE STACK | THE STAR
KENTUCKY DERBY PIE RECIPE - THE HAPPIER HOMEMAKER
KENTUCKY STACK PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KENTUCKY DERBY PIE - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
PATTI'S SAWDUST PIE | KENTUCKY TOURISM - STATE OF KENTUCKY - VISIT ...
KENTUCKY STACK PIE FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
STACK PIE | GINNYGRAM
KENTUCKY STACK PIE | GINNYGRAM | STACK PIES, SWEET PIE, ICING …
KENTUCKY BOURBON PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
KENTUCKY DERBY PIE | FOOD CHANNEL
KENTUCKY STACK PIE | QUICK RECIPES | NANA B'S QUICK RECIPES
KENTUCKY SPICED STACK CAKE RECIPE
RECIPES: STACK PIES – TWIN CITIES
KENTUCKY STACK PIE | GINNYGRAM | STACK PIES, ICING INGREDIENTS ...
STACK PIES DOUBLE THE SWEETNESS OF YOUR DESSERT - KENTUCKY.COM
KENTUCKY PIE RECIPE
KENTUCKY SPICED STACK CAKE - SOUTHERN RECIPES
KENTUCKY APPLE STACK CAKE | THE SPLENDID TABLE
15 THANKSGIVING DESSERTS THAT ARE NOT PUMPKIN PIE
KENTUCKY STACK CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PIN ON RECIPES
KENTUCKY STACK PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Kentucky Derby pie made out of?This great Kentucky Derby pie is rich and deliciously decadent. The famed is a delicious combination of chocolate chips and walnuts in a sweet, buttery filling. A splash of bourbon adds local flavor to this version. Use ready-made purchased pie dough or bake the pie in a homemade pie shell.
What is the best recipe to make a pumpkin pie?Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips evenly over piecrust. Whisk together corn syrup, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high; boil, whisking occasionally, until sugars are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Whisk together eggs, butter, flour, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in a heatproof bowl.
What is the famous food of Kentucky?Celebrate Kentucky and its famous food offerings with these iconic recipes. Kentucky Derby Pie The Spruce This great Kentucky Derby pie is rich and deliciously decadent. The famed is a delicious combination of chocolate chips and walnuts in a sweet, buttery filling. A splash of bourbon adds local flavor to this version.
What do you put on top of a pie crust?Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips evenly over piecrust. Whisk together corn syrup, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high; boil, whisking occasionally, until sugars are dissolved, about 5 minutes.