KEY LIME BUTTER COOKIES
I love limes so much that if a recipe calls for lemons I almost always use limes instead. With their pretty green color, these are perfect for Christmas-you can also make them as sandwich cookies and use lime curd for the filling.-Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and cornstarch; gradually beat into creamed mixture., Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lime juice and zest. Brush over cookies. Let stand until set. If desired, decorate with gel just before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
LAZY DAYS RESTAURANT FISH WITH KEY LIME BUTTER SAUCE
This is a recipe from a restaurant in Islamorada, Florida that my husband and I went to on our 25th wedding anniversary. Twice. In two days....because it was that good. This recipe is identical to what we ate, as I was lucky enough to find it in a book shortly after we came home. This is good for lunch or dinner. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes and some Pinot Grigio.
Provided by iDoVooDoo
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the water, wine and key lime juice in a large saucepan over a high heat and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic power. Add pepper to taste. Cut the butter into pats about the size of 1 tablespoon. Reduce the heat to low. Add one pat butter and whisk until the butter is incorporated. Add another pat and continue until all of the butter is used.
- Mix the water and cornstarch together and add to the sauce. Raise the heat to medium and stir until the sauce thickens and a few bubbles appear. Set aside while the fish cooks.
- Mix the eggs and water together in a small bowl (whisk vigorously til combined).
- Place the flour on a plate and dip the fish fillets into flour, coating both sides.
- Dip the fish into the egg wash.
- Place the bread crumbs on a second plate and coat the fish with bread crumbs, making sure both sides are coated.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the Key lime butter sauce over medium-high heat in a skillet large enough to hold the fish in one layer. Add the fish and sauté for 4 minutes. It should be golden. Turn the fish and sauté for 4 minutes for 1 inch thick fillets. Sauté 2 minutes longer for thicker fish or 2 minutes less for thinner fish. The fish is cooked when the flesh is opaque, not translucent. (I had trouble sauteing in the sauce, and did use olive oil or coconut oil here).
- Place the fish on 4 dinner plates. Spoon the sauce over the fish. Sprinkle the tomatoes, scallions, parmesan cheese and parsley over the fish.
- Note: I have had the best success with setting up all ingredients before cooking. My prep time and cook time may be a bit off only because I make it an event and take my time so I guessed at both as if I was trying to get the job done normally. The ingredients are copied verbatim from book, and are in order of use, and I thought a bit confusing at first, but it works! Lastly, use real butter, good fish and fresh herbs and cheese. It makes all the difference.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 863.7, Fat 35.3, SaturatedFat 18.8, Cholesterol 317.4, Sodium 999.5, Carbohydrate 70, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 5.7, Protein 61.3
KEY WEST PINK SHRIMP AND FLORIDA SPINY LOBSTER TAILS SERVED WITH HOT KEY LIME BUTTER
About 80% of vacationers ask me how I cook seafood now compared to when I lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I tell them, not much has changed except that I am a much happier cook. This recipe is sure to be a hit around your dinner table this holiday season! Serve with pasta or rice.
Provided by RyanVF
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix 1/2 cup of butter with hot pepper sauce and Key lime juice in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; stir in shrimp and lobster tails. Cook and stir until shrimp just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the mushrooms, garlic, and white wine; continue to cook and stir until the mushrooms have released their liquid and are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Key lime juice mixture until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.8 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 485.6 mg, Fat 31.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 59.1 g, SaturatedFat 18.9 g, Sodium 1036.8 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
KEY LIME BUTTER SAUCE
This is not a beurre blanc as there is no cream in a beurre blanc. It is a delicious butter sauce though! I serve it with seared scallops, spinach, jasmine rice, also a red pepper sauce.
Provided by Lil Leasa
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Reduce the vinegar, wine, keylime juice, shallots, salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce by half.
- Cool the mixture to 140°F.
- Place the saucepan with the reduced mixture over extremely low heat and whisk in the butter tablespoon by tablespoon, whisking vigorously the entire time.
- Strain the sauce.
- Keep warm until ready to serve - do not allow the sauce to boil or it will separate.
KEY LIME BUTTER
- In a saute pan over med heat, add 1 T butter and shallots and cook 1 min. Add wine and cook 5 min or until dry. Add lime, and lemon juices, zests, herbs and pepper, and remove the pan from the heat. pour into a small bowl, and let cool in fridge. In a medium bowl, fold the herbed butter mix into the remaininb butter with a rubber spatula. Spread compoudn butter down center of sheet of waxed paper. Gently roll,m and mold the butter into 1" diameter log. Seal in plastic wrap and put in freezer for at least 1 hour.
FLORIDA GROUPER WITH CUCUMBER SLAW AND KEY LIME BUTTER SAUCE
- For the slaw: Toss together the cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, rice vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the key lime butter sauce: Bring the wine, shallots and bay leaves to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, add the heavy cream and lime zest and juice. Bring back to a boil and cook until reduced by half. Mix the cornstarch and water together and slowly whisk into the reduced cream.
- Once the mixture thickens turn the heat to low and add the butter a little at a time, whisking each time until fully incorporated. Run through a fine strainer and keep warm until serving.
- For the grouper: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke. Season the grouper filets with salt and pepper, put in the skillet top-side down and cook until the flesh begins to crisp, about 2 minutes. Do not flip; transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the grouper flakes easily, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some Key Lime Butter Sauce on each of 4 plates and top with a grouper filet browned-side up. Top each filet with some Cucumber Slaw and serve.
More about "key lime butter recipes"
KEY LIME BUTTER CAKE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
4.2/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 12-16Calories 277 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray (the kind with flour) or butter and flour it.
- Use a hand mixer or whisk to beat the cake mix, butter, eggs, water, lime juice, extract, zest, and pudding mix until a thick batter forms. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes but keep it in the pan.
- While the cake is cooling, make the sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in the sugar, zest, and juice and cook until it just simmers (bubbles around the edges). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
KEY LIME SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
3.7/5 (44)Calories 40 per servingServings 80
- Beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add flour mixture and all remaining cookie ingredients; beat at low speed until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 2 (10-inch) logs on lightly floured surface. Wrap each in plastic food wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
PANKO-CRUSTED FISH WITH KEY LIME BUTTER IS MY FAVORITE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
FRESH FISH WITH KEY LIME BUTTER SAUCE • TROPICAL LIFE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
KEY LIME CAKE FROM SCRATCH - GOODIE GODMOTHER
4.5/5 (6)Category Cakes And Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 2 8" cake pans or place liners in 2 dozen cupcake wells. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and key lime zest in a mixing bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Stir briefly to combine.
- Add the oil and butter. Add the butter in one cube at a time, and mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
GRILLED GROUPER WITH LIME BUTTER - SHAKEN TOGETHER
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 71 per serving
- Place fillets on the grill and cook approximately 6 minutes per side. When cooked the fish will become opaque and flaky.
KEY-LIME PIE WITH BUTTER-PECAN CRUST - CRUMB-SNATCHED
Reviews 4Category DessertCuisine SouthernEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Beat the egg yolks on high speed for about 3 minutes. Egg yolks will appear paler in color and double in volume.
KEY LIME COOKIES - SOFT AND FLUFFY WITH KEY LIME GLAZE ...
Ratings 13Calories 143 per servingCategory Dessert, Snack
- Add butter and cream cheese and cream the mixture together until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and key lime juice.
KEY LIME CAKE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
5/5 (2)Category Cake, DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Make cake mix as directed, except substitute 3 Tbsp of lime juice for 3 Tbsp of the required water. Bake at 350 in two 9-inch cake pans. Let the cakes cool completely before adding the topping.
- Zest limes and save the zest to sprinkle on the top of the cake. Squeeze the limes and whip the condensed milk and lime juice together for about 4-5 minutes with an electric mixer. Fold in the Cool Whip. If you want the topping to appear a little more green, add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Place one cake on a cake plate and sprinkle half of the berries on top. Smooth half of the topping mixture on top of the berries and then place the other cake on top. Spread the remaining topping on the second cake and sprinkle the rest of the berries on top, along with the lime zest.
THE CREAMIEST KEY LIME PIE WITH ... - ELISABETH & BUTTER
Servings 10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
FANTASTIC KEY LIME BARS IN A BUTTER CRUST
Reviews 41Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
KEY LIME CAKE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 53 minsCategory DessertCalories 560 per serving
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine BritishCategory DessertsServings 8Total Time 35 mins
KEY LIME BUTTER SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
LUNCHBREAK: KEY LIME BUTTER COOKIES | WGN-TV
RECIPE: KEY LIME CHEESECAKE NICE CREAM – AMERICAN DREAM ...
LOW CALORIE KEY LIME PIE / KETO CREAM CHEESE PEANUT BUTTER ...
KEY LIME CAKE - RECIPES-HOMEMADE
KEY LIME BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
TIFFY’S SUMMERTIME KEY LIME BUTTER COOKIES | EDIBLE MICHIANA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is keykey Lime butter cake?Key Lime Butter Cake is an easy cake recipe drenched in key lime flavor: in the cake, syrup, and drizzle. You won’t be able to stop at one bite! The first ingredient you must have in any butter cake is, of course, butter.
How to cook fish with Key Lime butter sauce?Heat 4 tablespoons of the Key lime butter sauce over medium-high heat in a skillet large enough to hold the fish in one layer. Add the fish and sauté for 4 minutes. It should be golden. Turn the fish and sauté for 4 minutes for 1 inch thick fillets. Sauté 2 minutes longer for thicker fish or 2 minutes less for thinner fish.
How do you use lime juice for baking?Use it as a cake filling, or any other way you desire. Place the sugar, butter, lime juice, lime zest in the top of a double boiler; stir over medium-high heat until butter melts. Mix 2 tablespoons hot lime mixture into the eggs and stir to blend. Reduce heat to medium until water simmers. Slowly whisk egg mixture into the lime mixture.
What is the difference between Key limes and regular limes?The juice from the Key Limes tends to be less acidic than a normal lime and often extra aromatic making them perfect to flavor treats like key lime pie, and these key lime cookies. Challenge Butter – I use Challenge Salted Butter that has been softened in this recipe. You can also use unsalted butter if you prefer and add 1/4 tsp salt.