SALSA CHICKEN SOUP
"You wouldn't guess that this quick-and-easy soup is low in fat," relates Becky Christman of Bridgeton, Missouri. "Since my husband loves spicy foods, I sometimes use medium or hot salsa in this recipe for extra zip."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn is tender. Add salsa and heat through. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 481mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Someone gave me this recipe a few years back and it's become a household favorite. You can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on your taste. I usually serve it with Spanish rice and Mexican-style canned corn. Very easy and quick!
Provided by Faye
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.7 calories, Carbohydrate 6.8 g, Cholesterol 101.3 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 35.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 863.1 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
This recipe is a favorite of all my friends. Whenever they come over, they want to leave with a jar. Therefore, when I make it I can 14 GALLONS each time. I figure, if I'm gonna spend all day making it, I might as well only do it once a year! I like to serve this salsa with tortillas or use it in cooking. It's great in scrambled eggs and chili.
Provided by Kimberly
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, garlic, jalapenos, sugar, chili powder, vinegar, salt, and cumin in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the salsa is thickened and is noticeably darker in color, at least two hours. Cool and store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for three months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 24.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.8 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 394.7 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
KIMCHI JJIGAE (KIMCHI SOUP)
In Korean cuisine, kimchi is not only a condiment or pickle; it is also used as an ingredient in many cooked dishes. Kimchi soup, called jjigae, is a satisfying example. The fermented kimchi vegetables quickly provide deep flavor to the broth, so the soup can be produced in little more than half an hour. Aged kimchi, which is more intensely sour, is the preferred type to use. Surprisingly mellow, the soup is neither too spicy nor too salty. This version incorporates butter, an addition inspired by a recipe from Lauryn Chun, the founder of Mother-in-Law's Kimchi and the author of "The Kimchi Cookbook."
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, lunch, soups and stews, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Put pork belly in a bowl. Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and fish sauce. Toss well to coat and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Set a heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Melt butter, then add pork belly mixture and let it cook gently for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium high and add kimchi, gochujang and gochugaru. Let mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add kimchi juice and water (or broth, if using) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a brisk simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Taste broth and adjust seasoning.
- Just before serving, add tofu and stir gently to combine. When tofu is heated through, ladle into bowls and garnish with scallions.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 385, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 707 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN AND SALSA SOUP
I haven't tried this yet, and it's only a little different than another recipe I have for chicken soup. But it's just different enough that I decided to try it.
Provided by meedeeter
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine chicken, water, broth, and chili powder in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 8 minutes. Add corn; cook, uncovered for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Stir in salsa and heat through. Sprinkle each serving with chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279, Fat 11.6, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 20.6, Sodium 982.5, Carbohydrate 33.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 5.8, Protein 13.9
KIM'S FLAMING HOT SALSA
This salsa has a very refreshing taste, but it is extremely hot. My hubby loves it. You can decrease or increase the heat by adding different peppers. This is a great salsa recipe. I will never by store bought again.
Provided by Kim in Carver
Yield 6 pints
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Process tomatoes, garlic clove, cilantro, and peppers in a food processor to desired consistency.
- Put in a large bowl add spices, lemon, lime, and vinegar.
- Let salsa sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to marry.
- Put salsa in canning jars and place in refrigerator. It makes about 6 pints. Store in refrigerator for approximately a month.
- ** Caution: Wear gloves while chopping peppers**.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.3, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 410.5, Carbohydrate 19.5, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 11.7, Protein 4
More about "kims chicken salsa soup recipes"
CREAMY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - KIM'S CRAVINGS
3.9/5 (124)Calories 206 per servingCategory Main Course, Soup
- Heat the butter or oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and the onion and sauté until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more. Add the broth and the half-and-half. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and fajita seasoning.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Ladle soup into individual bowls and top with crumbled tortilla chips or strips. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add any other optional toppings. Enjoy!
CHICKEN TACO SOUP - KIM'S CRAVINGS
4.9/5 (28)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory Main Course, SoupCalories 313 per serving
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 3-4 hours. If cooking on the stovetop, bring to a simmer. Cook for 15-30 minutes. Once cooked taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Enjoy the soup topped with your choice of taco toppings. I like cheese, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.
SALSA CHICKEN RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SOUP WITH SALSA RECIPE - MY CRAZY …
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP IN THE INSTANT POT - THIS PILGRIM LIFE
CHICKEN AND SALSA SOUP - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - MAMA LOVES FOOD
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - HAPPY HOOLIGANS
FOOD THAT'S DE!: KIM'S FAMOUS CHICKEN SOUP - BLOGGER
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP - PACE FOODS - CAMPBELL SOUP …
CROCK POT GARLIC LIME CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - FLOUR ON MY FACE
SALSA CHICKEN (EASY STOVETOP RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
CHICKEN AND KIMCHI SOUP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
KIM’S QUICK & CREAMY CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP
HEARTY CHICKEN SOUP - KIM BEACH
KIM’S CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - JACKIE UNFILTERED
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP | NEWMAN'S OWN
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP | CHICKEN.CA
KETO SLOW COOKER CHICKEN SALSA SOUP | EXCLUSIVE HIP2KETO RECIPE
SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
KIM'S CHICKEN DISH - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
FREEZER MEALS: GARLIC LIME CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - FLOUR ON MY FACE
KIM’S BONE BROTH AND CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
KIM'S SALSA - YUM TASTE
EASY SALSA CHICKEN - BAKING MISCHIEF
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - KJ AND COMPANY
8 KIMS RECIPES IDEAS IN 2022 | VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE ... - PINTEREST
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHICKEN SALSA SOUP - ONE POT · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP (WW RECIPE) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
CHEESY SALSA BAKED CHICKEN - KITCHEN DIVAS
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN SOUP - THE WHOLE COOK
KIM'S CLASSY CHICKEN SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SALSA CHICKEN SOUP - THRIFTY FRUGAL MOM
You'll also love