LAZY MAN'S PIEROGI
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in onions, and cook until translucent. In a separate pan, saute the mushrooms in butter.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, bacon, onion, mushrooms, sauerkraut and condensed soup. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.4 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 14.1 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 1093.2 mg, Sugar 6 g
For this tasty pierogi casserole, sauerkraut, onion, mushrooms, and pasta are combined and baked in a rich, buttery sauce. If you are making this ahead and are going to reheat it in the oven you may have to add a little water. If cold, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Provided by Bea Gassman
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the sauerkraut and onion in a large skillet over medium-low heat with enough water to cover. Simmer 1 hour, or until most of the water has cooked off.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the butter for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the remaining butter, cooked pasta, and cream of mushroom soup into the sauerkraut mixture. Cook and stir 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529.1 calories, Carbohydrate 57.9 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 28.8 g, Fiber 7.1 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 15.9 g, Sodium 1787.4 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
POLISH SAUERKRAUT PIEROGI
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. Add onion and cook until tender but not browned. Add sauerkraut and carrots. Cook, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes or until volume has reduced and sauerkraut is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons sour cream. If the mixture doesn't hold its shape when squeezed together, add more sour cream.
- Let this filling cool completely before filling pierogi dough. If desired, store covered in the refrigerator for one day before using.
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, 5 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and chicken broth until well mixed.
- Add flour and knead by hand or in a stand mixer until the dough is smooth. Wrap with plastic and let rest at least 10 minutes before rolling.
- Remove the sauerkraut filling from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut the dough. Gather scraps, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, portion sauerkraut filling onto all the dough circles before folding.
- With clean, dry hands, fold dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape. Press the edges together, sealing and crimping with your fingers (or use a fork) as for a pie.
- Roll, cut, and fill the reserved scraps of dough.
- Bring a deep pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Reduce to a simmer and drop 12 pierogi at a time into the water. Stir once so they don't stick to the bottom. When they rise to the surface, cook 3 minutes or until dough is done to your liking (based on the thickness of the dough).
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a platter that has been smeared with butter. Pierogi will stick together if drained in a colander, even if the colander has been coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat until all pierogi are cooked. Serve as is with melted butter or fry in butter.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add butter and 1 cup chopped onion to a heavy, large skillet and sauté until onion is translucent. Add pierogi and fry until golden on both sides and onion is tender.
- Serve hot with onion, sour cream, and bacon bits if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 666 kcal, Carbohydrate 76 g, Cholesterol 119 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 1098 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 35 g, ServingSize 36 pierogi (6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
LAZY PIEROGI BAKE
A favorite dish in our family is pierogi-tasty pockets of dough filled with cottage cheese and onions. Making pierogi is time-consuming, so my mom created this easy casserole.-Sandy Starks, Amherst, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. , In the drippings, saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in sauerkraut and half of the bacon. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery seed and pepper. Drain pasta., Place a fourth of the pasta in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Layer each with a fourth of the sauerkraut and soup mixture. Repeat layers. , Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 454mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
One of my employees made this for a Christmas party a few years back. I loved it and so did everyone else. I got the recipe from her and added some things over the years. No complaints were heard : )
Provided by sheeny714
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil water for pasta.
- While water is boiling add 3 Tablespoons of Butter to a medium sized skillet.
- Dice up one medium sized onion and add to skillet.
- Saute until clear. Add mushrooms after being drained.
- Add Polish Sausage after being sliced.
- Sautee for about 5-7 minutes to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Drain noodles.
- Add saurkraut to hot pot and turn heat to medium. Add 2 Tablespoons of Butter while noodles drain.
- Combine the saurkraut and sausage mixture into to pot. Mix around.
- Add noodles and combine thoroughly. Put heat to medium low for 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 823.6, Fat 43.4, SaturatedFat 17.8, Cholesterol 94, Sodium 2330.9, Carbohydrate 88.4, Fiber 14.8, Sugar 5.4, Protein 23.7
LAZY CABBAGE PIEROGI
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic and mushrooms in the bacon fat until onion is slightly carmalized.
- Add the sauerkraut, soup and bay leaves to the onions and mushrooms and let the mixture simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the pasta, bacon and sauerkraut mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes uncovered, stirring a few times during baking.
- Remove bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537.5, Fat 20.4, SaturatedFat 6.3, Cholesterol 25.7, Sodium 1625.3, Carbohydrate 71.1, Fiber 6.9, Sugar 5.7, Protein 17.8
With sauerkraut, cabbage, onion and egg noodles, this dish has all the flavor of traditional pierogi but without all the work of making the dumplings. Just combine the ingredients in a skillet and let it simmer. I call it "lazy man's pierogi."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the bacon until almost crisp. Add onion; cook and stir until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain. Add the sauerkraut, cabbage and pepper; mix well. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. , Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir the noodles, butter and salt into cabbage mixture. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 888mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "lazy sauerkraut pierogi recipes"
10 BEST LAZY PIEROGI RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST LAZY PIEROGI WITH SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAZY PIEROGI | MOTHER THYME | RECIPE | LAZY PIEROGI RECIPE, PIEROGI ...
RECIPE FOR THE LAZY PIEROGI-4.4 STARS (168 REVIEWS)
POLISH SAUERKRAUT AND MUSHROOM PIEROGI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAZY PIEROGI | MOTHER THYME | RECIPE | SAURKRAUT RECIPES, PIEROGIES ...
10 BEST LAZY PIEROGI WITH SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - YUMMLY
LAZY PIEROGI | RECIPESTY
LAZY SAUERKRAUT PIEROGI | RECIPE | LAZY PIEROGI RECIPE, PIEROGI …
CROCKPOT LAZY PIEROGI CASSEROLE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
KIELBASA, PIEROGIES AND SAUERKRAUT BAKE - BLUE JEAN CHEF
LAZY PIEROGI - COOKINPOLISH - POLISH FOOD RECIPES
LAZY PIEROGI WITH SAUERKRAUT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
POLISH SAUERKRAUT PIEROGI [RECIPE!] | POLONIST
LAZY PIEROGI CASSEROLE WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE (AKA …
LAZY PIEROGI - DUMPLING RECIPES
LAZY PIEROGI RECIPE SAUERKRAUT - THERESCIPES.INFO
LAZY MAN’S PIEROGI (POLISH NOODLES) - A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
LAZY PIEROGI SAUERKRAUT - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
PIEROGIES AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
LAZY PIEROGI RECIPE SAUERKRAUT - FOOD NEWS
A RECIPE FOR MOCK PIEROGI WITH SAUERKRAUT? - RUSSIAN BEST
LAZY PIEROGI - GRANDMOTHERS KITCHEN RECIPES
PIEROGI WITH POTATO AND SAUERKRAUT | THE COZY APRON
LAZY PIEROGI CASSEROLE WITH SAUERKRAUT AND APPLE (LAZY PEROGIES)
PIN ON FAVORITE RECIPES - PINTEREST
LAZY PIEROGI | MOTHER THYME
YINZERELLA’S LAZY PIEROGIE CASSEROLE - DINNER IS SERVED 1972
LAZY PIEROGI SAUERKRAUT - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
POLISH PIEROGI LASAGNA (PIEROGI CASSEROLE) - TASTY CASSEROLES
KIELBASA LAZY PIEROGI - FOOD RECIPES
You'll also love