MY OWN FAMOUS STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES
These are grape leaves, stuffed with a tantalizing mixture of rice, fresh dill, mint and lemon. 'Yum' is the only one word to describe these. These can either be a main dish or an appetizer, depending on your appetite. Serve with good crusty bread and a Greek salad, if desired.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Patti Moschonas
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the rice, onion, dill, and mint for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Pour in 1 quart of broth, reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until rice is almost cooked. Stir in 1/2 of lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Take one leaf, shiny side down, and place 1 teaspoon of the rice mixture at the bottom (stem) end of the leaf. Fold both sides of the leaf towards the center, roll up from the broad bottom to the top, and place into a 4-quart pot. Repeat with all leaves, leaving no gaps as leaves are placed in pot (to prevent from opening while cooking). Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice and with olive oil.
- Pour chicken broth over all to cover grape leaves. Cover pot and simmer for about 1 hour (do not boil, because this will make the stuffing burst out of the leaves). Remove from heat, remove cover and let cool for 1/2 hour. Transfer to serving dish and serve.
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, rice, garlic powder, allspice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- Rinse grape leaves several times. If the leaves are small, leave them intact, but cut out the large center vein. If the leaves are large, cut them in half vertically, cutting out the large vein in the process. Place a small amount of the ground meat mixture at the end of each leaf. Roll up egg-roll style.
- Pour the oil into the bottom of a large Dutch oven. Lay the chops over the oil. Lay the tomato slices over the chops.
- Place the stuffed grape leaves seam-side down on top of the chops. Pack the leaves tightly and begin a second layer when necessary. Place whole garlic cloves randomly between the rolled leaves; plenty of garlic on each layer.
- When you are done stacking, pour the lemon juice over the leaves, and add water to the pot to about 2-inches above the rolled leaves. To prevent the leaves from unrolling during cooking, place a plate on top of the stack of leaves and place a heavy object on top of the plate.
- Simmer the leaves over low heat for about 2 hours.
- Invert the entire Dutch oven into a large platter with high sides (i.e. a 12-inch round cake pan). Or, remove the leaves from the pot with tongs. Serve rustic style, with plenty of Arabic bread on which to spread the garlic!
LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES
My grandmothers recipe for "grape leaves". My daughters are usually in charge of cutting the leaves. If they help roll, we can really get the job done quickly.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by CathyV.com
Categories White Rice
Yield 225 grape leaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place rice in a medium sized bowl and cover with 3 cups of cold water.
- Let stand for 30-60 minutes.
- Drain and rinse grape leaves in a colander.
- Cut leaves in half removing the thick center stem.
- Save five or six large leaves for bottom of pan- discard any extremely tough or ragged leaves.
- Drain all water from rice.
- Add lamb, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Mix by hand thoroughly.
- Line bottom of large kettle or dutch oven with five or six large leaves to prevent scorching.
- Lay a leaf flat on a plate, shiny side down.
- Put approximately 1 heaping teaspoon of meat mixture towards bottom of leaf.
- Roll in one edge to seal, then roll leaf up firmly but not too tight (you need to leave a little room for the rice to expand while cooking).
- Place leaves in kettle in circular fashion leaving a small circle in the center for water to circulate.
- When you have one full row on bottom of pan, slice two cloves of garlic over the top of the leaves.
- Sprinkle with a little of the mint.
- Continue rolling the leaves and layering them with the garlic/ mint.
- You should have approximately five rows of leaves when you are done.
- Place a heatproof plate over the top of the leaves- large enough to hold them in place, but with a little room on the edges.
- Put a bowl on top of the plate filled with water to hold the plate down while cooking.
- Fill kettle with water over the top of the plate.
- Cook on top of stove on high heat until it begins to boil.
- Lower heat to medium so that water does not boil over and continue cooking.
- Total cooking time after it starts to boil is 16-19 minutes.
- Remove bowl.
- Carefully drain water from kettle.
- Remove plate.
- Arrange leaves on a platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
weeknight time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion appetizers fruit lamb-sheep rice asian middle-eastern finger-food stove-top lebanese dietary berries grapes meat pasta-rice-and-grains white-rice long-grain-rice equipment number-of-servings presentation 4-hours-or-less
People also searched
More recipes about "lebanese grape leaves recipes"
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES | FEELGOODFOODIE
2020-02-22 · Add 5-6 cups of boiling water to completely cover the grape leaves and the plate, then cover the pot and cook on Medium heat for 30 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add the lemon juice on top of the grape leaves, …
- To stuff and roll the grape leaves, lay a grape leaf flat on a cutting board, scoop out a heaping teaspoon of the rice mixture into the center of the grape leaf, and carefully fold in the sides and roll it like you would when making a wrap. Repeat until all the stuffing has been used and place the wrapped grape leaves in a tray.
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES - SIMPLY LEBANESE
2017-08-11 · In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, washed rice, 7 spices, cinnamon, black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Begin by rinsing the rice 3 times with cold water. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground beef, washed rice, 7 spices, cinnamon, black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix to combine.
- Unpack the jar of grape leaves and place in a colander. Rinse the brine using cold water and set aside to drain any water.
- Place a grape leaf vein-side up on a large plate or cutting board. Using a small paring knife, cut the small stem off. Drop about 1 tablespoon of the beef and rice filling and spread into a thin line leaving enough room on both sides of the leaf for rolling.
- Fold each side of the leaf over the filling beginning with the bottom side and roll tightly to prevent the leaf from opening up while cooking. Repeat until you have no more leaves left. *If the grape leaf is very large, cut in half, then stuff and roll.
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE | ARABIC FOOD RECIPES
2011-05-09 · The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe. Enjoy cooking tasty Arabic food and learn how to make Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves…
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES- UPDATED ...
2009-09-01 · September 1, 2009 November 14, 2020 Categories recipes, Uncategorized amazing grape leaves, el mama grape leaves, el momma, elmomma, grape leaves, lebanese grape leaves, mother-in-law, nest lebanese grape leaves, teaching 5 Comments on How To Make the Best Lebanese Grape Leaves- UPDATED- RECIPE …
LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
2011-07-27 · For the grape leaves: Mix the ground lamb, rice, mint, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Unroll the grape leaves, …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES EVER!
2020-10-31 · Add water to the pot until the grape leaves are completely covered. Place the pot on the stove top until bubbly. Simmer on medium to medium low for 2.5-3 hours. While cooking, place small plates (instead of a pot lid) directly on the grape leaves.
VEGETARIAN STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE – MAHSHI WARAK ENAB
Cooking the Grape Leaves Once you've finished adding the rolls, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on top, add ¾th cup of lemon juice, ½ cup of olive oil, 2 cups of water Shake the …
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES – VEGAN – TASTY MEDITERRANEO
2017-11-06 · The stuffing I use for this recipe of Lebanese stuffed grape leaves is the same that I used for my “Lebanese stuffed zucchini” recipe as well as for my “Lebanese stuffed Swiss chard” recipe. It includes parsley, tomato, onion, mint, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. The nutritional properties of all of these ingredients together make this healthy vegan Mediterranean diet recipe ...
See details ››
LEBANESE VEGETARIAN STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES (WARAK ENAB)
2018-11-13 · If you are using grape leaves from the jar, rinse them in cold water and drain Finely chop the parsley, tomatoes, mint and onions. Add to a bowl Add the rice, salt, 7 spice, tomato concentrate, …
- If you are using fresh leaves, blanch them in hot water for five minutes and drain. If you are using grape leaves from the jar, rinse them in cold water and drain
- Add the rice, salt, 7 spice, tomato concentrate, olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon to the bowl and stir well
LEBANESE MEAT STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES (WARAK ARISH) - THE ...
2018-04-24 · In a large bowl, combine ground meat, rice, the juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper. One grape leaf at a time, place the leaf flat on a plate and add 1 tablespoon of meat and rice mixture near stem. Form meat into long cigar shape then roll the grape leave …
- One grape leaf at a time, place the leaf flat on a plate and add 1 tablespoon of meat and rice mixture near stem.
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES- THE SALT AND SWEET KITCHEN
2021-01-16 · Roll and cook the grape leaves: Line the bottom of a large pot with potatoes and season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Work with one grape leaf at a time, by scooping out one heaping tablespoon of the mixture to the center of the grape …
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the stuffing ingredients of rice, ground beef, butter, fresh blended tomatoes, spices and salt until fully combined (I do this by hand). Set aside.
- Spread out your grape leaves on tray with rough side facing upwards, remove their small stems and get ready to roll!
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES BY ZAATAR AND ZAYTOUN ...
2020-08-18 · Prepare your work area with a large plate to roll the grape leaves on, the stuffing, a large tray, some white string and a large cooking pot Lay out one grape leaf on the plate and add 1 tablespoon of stuffing in the middle of the grape leaf …
- If you are using fresh leaves, trim the stalks and blanche them in boiling hot water for five minutes and drain. If you are using grape leaves from the jar, rinse them in cold water and drain
- Wash the rice and soak in some water for around half an hour. Then drain the rice and add to a large mixing bowl
- Prepare your work area with a large plate to roll the grape leaves on, the stuffing, a large tray, some white string and a large cooking pot
BEST STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES (DOLMAS) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
2019-12-03 · Now, you'll find many variations of stuffed grape leaves recipes, from Turkey and Greece to Lebanon, and Egypt where it's called Warak Enab (Grape Vine Paper.) Some recipes containing meat, others vegetarian. Some containing tomato sauce, others cooked in a lemony broth. I have yet to meet a stuffed grape leave, dolma, or Greek dolmades that I didn't love, but this recipe …
- If using jarred grape leaves as I am here, remove them from the jar and discard the brine. Rinse the grape leaves well and place them in a colander to drain. (Later in the process, you'll remove the stems before stuffing.) (See notes if using fresh grape leaves)
- Soak the rice in plenty of water for about 15 to 20 minutes or until you are able to break one grain of rice easily. Drain well.
- Prepare a heavy cooking pot and lightly brush the bottom with extra virgin olive oil. Arrange a few grape leaves in the bottom (I used the leaves that didn't look too great here and made three layers to protect the stuffed leaves from scorching later.) Top with sliced tomatoes.
15 BEST GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE IDEAS | GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE ...
Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves - Simply Lebanese Stuffed grape leaves known as “Warak Enab” in Arabic, is a Lebanese dish of spiced rice and beef rolled in grape leaves and simmered in a …
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES – OLD GUY IN THE KITCHEN
2019-03-28 · Pour the lemon juice over the leaves in the pan. Place a small plate or bowl (don’t use plastic) on top of the leaves, then add water to the pan until it is about an inch over the plate. Add the lemon peels to the water. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to a …
LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES | COSTCO DIVA | RECIPE | LEBANESE ...
Dec 13, 2015 - Similar to the recipe for my Lebanese Chicken Shawarmas, this recipe is adapted from the grape leaves sold at an authentic Lebanese restaurant in Calgary. These
See details ››
STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE | DOLMA RECIPE | LEBANESE RECIPES
2021-02-02 · Place the grape leaves in a bowl and pure hot water. Leave for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve. 2. Finely chop parsley, mint, dill and onion. 3. Wash well the rise (until the water transparent) 4. In a large bowl place the beef or lamb, add the chopped herbs, …
See details ››
STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE | LEBANESE RECIPES – AUNIAFEEQA
2018-05-08 · Stuffed Grape Leaves are not the quickest to prepare, but they are definitely one of the most delicious traditional Lebanese dishes! Grape leaves can be found in most Middle Eastern stores or even your grapevine in your backyard. Eva’s mother used to visit fields and pick bags of grape leaves to freeze. Your grape leaves will taste just as ...
See details ››
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
In this video, Eva shows you how she makes a popular Lebanese dish: Stuffed Grape Leaves! Every Lebanese person cooks this dish a little differently, and thi...
See details ››
RECIPE FOR LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES - COOKEATSHARE
Recipes / Recipe for lebanese grape leaves (1000+) Grape Leaves Stuffed With Bulgur, Apricots And Mint. 1230 views. x grape leaves, rinsed and dry, 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice Mint leaves and lemon slices for. Hot Stuffed Grape Leaves With Lamb. 1276 views. Grape Leaves With Lamb, ingredients: 1 jar Preserved grape leaves. Dolmades Greek Stuffed Grape Leaves. 1489 views. Greek oregano, 2 (8 …
See details ››
BEST LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES! – INSTANT POT TEACHER
1 day ago · These Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves (Warak Enab) are made with a spiced ground beef and rice mixture – a delicious Mediterranean dish commonly served … For professional & delicious Instant Pot BBQ results everytime, try 2 Gringos Chupacabra's Texas Style Rubs & Seasonings! July 28, 2021 / 37 Comments / by Feelgoodfoodie Tags: best instant pot italian recipes, easy instant pot italian ...
See details ››
HOW TO MAKE LEBANESE GRAPE LEAVES - YOUTUBE
To get this complete recipe with photos, instructions, and measurements, check out my website: http://www.maureenabood.com.To buy ingredients, visit http://w...
See details ››
NAWAL'S STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES RECIPE
Learn how to make the most delicious stuffed grape leaves recipe. 100% Lebanese and vegan!! Recipe and recipe film here! ... Minutes later we are collecting grape leaves to make her vegan stuffed grape leaves recipes. Nawal is a keeper of traditional Lebanese food customs. Watch her in action in this film and you'll be inspired to make this easy-to-make and absoutely delicious recipe! 2 ...
See details ››
LEBANESE STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES | RECIPE | LEBANESE RECIPES ...
Mar 29, 2019 - Stacey loves these and orders them any time we are at a Mediterranean or Lebanese restaurant. I wanted to make these at home so I poured over many, many recipes. The variations are endless. Some feature rice and vegetables only, but many include meat. For the meat options some recipes use ground beef (I don't…
See details ››