LEMON POPPYSEED HOMEMADE POP TART
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, pancake mix, salt and sugar. Mix well. Add the butter, vanilla, egg, and milk and whisk until fully combined.
- Place the dough on a lightly-floured surface and dust with flour to ensure dough won't stick to the rolling pin. Roll out the dough to about ¼ in thick and slice it into rectangles, making about 12.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the filling ingredients. Spoon about 1-2 tsp of filling into the center of half of the rectangles of dough and spread it into an even layer. Leave a clean border on all sides of the rectangle.
- Place the remaining rectangles of dough on top of the filling-coated dough. Using a fork, press all around the clean edge to seal. Pierce the top of the pastries 1-3 times with the fork.
- Place the prepared pastries on the baking sheet and bake until the pastries are lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes. Allow them to cool completely when done.
LEMON POPPY SEED TARTLET WITH A STRAWBERRY ROSE
Spring is finally upon us and what better way to celebrate with a little sweet that looks like it was freshly plucked from the garden. Here a jeweled toned strawberry is transformed into a blooming rose with a few simple knife cuts. It rests on a tangy cream cheese filling that cozies up to a butter and tart lemon poppyseed cookie.
Provided by Ashley Baron Rodriguez
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, poppy seeds, and salt until dough comes together and no floury streaks remain.
- Pinch off 1 1/2 teaspoon-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the lined baking sheets. Press down on each ball with your thumb to create a small indent.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the back of a spoon to reinforce each indent. Continue baking until cookies are barely golden around the edges, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar together in a bowl until well blended. Fill each cooled cookie with 1/2 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Make 4 deep cuts along the bottom third of each strawberry using a sharp paring knife. Fan out the cuts carefully so they open up. Repeat this process, cutting in between the cuts from the row below, until you reach the top.
- Place a strawberry rose over each cookie; tuck 1 or 2 mint leaves around each strawberry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.9 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 39.4 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 106.8 mg, Sugar 8.7 g
LEMON AND POPPY SEED TARTLETS
- Make tart shells:
- Pulse together flour, confectioners sugar, salt, and poppy seeds in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk together yolk, water, and lemon juice in a bowl, then add to processor and pulse until pea-size lumps form and dough holds together when squeezed. (Dough will appear slightly crumbly.)
- Press 1/4 cup dough evenly into each tart shell with floured fingers (dough will be moist) and lightly prick bottoms with a fork. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Put shells on a baking sheet and bake in lower third of oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and, when shells are just cool enough to handle, carefully loosen edges with a thin knife and remove from pans.
- Fill tart shells and make topping:
- Fill each shell with 3 tablespoons lemon curd.
- Beat together cream with confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Transfer to a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe onto curd (or dollop frosting with a spoon).
LEMON POPPY SEED LOAF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heavily grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix lemon juice and yogurt together and add alternately with the sifted flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just blended. Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into prepared pans and smooth tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 minutes before turning out of pans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Cholesterol 39 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 207.3 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
LEMON, PEAR, POPPY SEED BREAKFAST TARTS
- Divide the pie dough into two flattened discs; wrap in plastic and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- Working one disc at a time, roll out the dough into a 1/8-inch-thick rectangle on a floured work surface. Cut into 9 even rectangles, then transfer to the prepared cookie sheets and chill.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottomed saucepot, add the pears, apple juice, lemon juice and sugar. Cook over medium heat until the pears begin to soften and the liquid thickens, 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- When the pear filling has cooled, remove one of the cookie sheets of portioned dough to a work surface. Whisk the egg and brush it evenly on the surface of the rectangles. Add 1 tablespoon of the pear filling to each rectangle. Remove the second cookie sheet from the refrigerator and place the remaining rectangles on top of the pear filling, pressing the edges with your fingers. With a fork, go over edges to seal. Poke holes in the top to allow steam to exit. Place the assembled tarts back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 16 minutes, until golden brown, rotating every 5 minutes for even cooking. Let cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, lemon zest and vanilla. Ice each tart and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
LEMON AND POPPY SEED TARTLETS
Trompe l'oeil at the table: Is it a flower, or is it dessert? Crunchy shortbread tartlets polka-dotted with poppy seeds with a creamy lemon center, and a floral arrangement of cream on top. Poppy seeds have a tendancy to go rancid quickly, so be sure to use a fresh jar (and refrigerate or freeze them afterwards).
Provided by MarieRynr
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly oil bottoms of 8 (3 1/2 by 2/3 inch) round tartlet pans.
- Pulse together flour, icing sugar, salt and poppy seeds in a food processor.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together yolk, water and lemon juice in a bowl, then add to processor and pulse until pea size lumps form and dough holds together when squeezed (dough will appear slightly crumbly).
- Press 1/4 cup of dough evenly into each tart shell with floured fingers (dough will be moist) and lightly prick bottoms with a fork.
- Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Put shells on a baking sheet and bake in lower third of oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and when shells are just cool enough to handle, carefully loosen edges with a thin knife and remove from pans.
- Fill each shell with 3 TBS of lemon curd.
- Beat together cream with icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl with an electric mixer just until it hold stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe onto top of the curd (in a flower shape) (Or dollop with a spoon).
- Sprinkle a few poppy seeds in center to look like flower stamens, for a lovely finish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.9, Fat 24, SaturatedFat 14.4, Cholesterol 97.5, Sodium 596.1, Carbohydrate 26.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 13.6, Protein 3
LEMON POPPY SEED CUTOUTS
I love to package up these tart, tender cookies to share with friends! You could spread them with buttercream or cream cheese frosting to turn them into sandwich cookies. And they'd be delicious dipped in white chocolate. -Ilana Pulda, Bellevue, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in lemon zest, juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, poppy seeds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; cover tightly. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm enough to roll., Preheat oven to 350°. Roll dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter; reroll scraps. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 17mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
LEMON POPPY SEED TORTE WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM ICING
- FOR THE POPPY SEED SHEET CAKE: Grease 11 x 17 inch baking sheet (28 x 43 cm). Line bottom with parchment (NOT WAXED) paper, extending paper 2 inches over long sides.
- Heat milk in small saucepan on medium for about 4 minutes until very hot and bubbles start to appear around edge. Stir in lemon juice, poppy seeds and lemon zest. Let stand for about 15 minutes until cooled to room temperature.
- Beat 1 cup butter in large bowl until creamy and light coloured. Add both sugars (granulated and Icing). Beat well. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture in 3 parts, alternately with poppy seed mixture in 2 parts, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with clean beaters until stiff (not dry) peaks form. Do not overbeat. Gently fold 1/2 of egg white into poppy seed batter. Fold in remaining egg white until no white streaks remain. Spread evenly in prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of 350°F oven for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand in baking sheet on wire rack until cooled completely. Run knife along side to loosen. Invert cake onto counter. Carefully peel off and discard parchment paper. Trim off crusty edges all around. Cut cake crosswise into 3 rectangles, about 4 x 10 1/2 inches each (10 x 26 cm)).
- LEMON BUTTERCREAM ICING: Combine granulated sugar and flour in medium saucepan. Whisk in lemon juice and egg yolks. Heat and whisk on medium for about 3 minutes until mixture is hot and sugar is dissolved.
- Add first amount of butter (6 tbsp) 1 piece at a time, stirring until melted. Heat and stir until just boiling and thickened. Whisk in lemon zest and whipping cream. Turn into medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface to prevent skin from forming, Chill until cold.
- Beat second amount of butter (2 2/3 cups) in large bowl on high for a bout 5 minutes until light coloured and increased in volume.
- Gradually add 2 1/4 cups icing sugar (confectioner's) 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, beating until creamy and light coloured. Makes about 5 cups icing.
- Place 1 cake piece on long 12 inch serving plate or cake board. Spread 3/4 cup icing on top. Repeat with second and third cake pieces and same amount of icing each time. Place remaining cake piece on top. Ice top and sides with very thin layer of icing. Spoon remaining icing into large piping bag fitted with small closed star tip. Pipe small stars on top and sides of cake. Chill for several hours until firm for easier slicing. Cuts into 24 slices.
- Company's Coming decadent Desserts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.4, Fat 35.3, SaturatedFat 21.4, Cholesterol 159.2, Sodium 337.1, Carbohydrate 43.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 33.7, Protein 3.6
RICOTTA TART WITH LEMON POPPY CRUST
This simple, not-too-sweet tart is reminiscent of a cheesecake but with a higher crust-to-filling ratio. If you've got excellent, ripe fruit, feel free to lay it on top - berries, figs, poached rhubarb or pears, pineapple, plums - anything sweet and juicy will contrast nicely with the milky ricotta filling. Or just drizzle the tart with good flavorful honey and serve it plain. It's an elegant way to end a meal. If you aren't a poppy seed fan, just leave them out of the crust. Or substitute sesame seeds instead for a similar crunch, if different flavor.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories snack, pies and tarts, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the tart shell: Place 1/4 cup/31 grams of flour and the almonds in a food processor with the blade attachment. Process until almonds are finely ground, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups/154 grams flour, the sugar, the lemon zest and the salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms. Add egg and pulse just until a crumbly dough comes together. Add poppy seeds and pulse briefly to combine. Press dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake the tart, roll the dough out between 2 sheets of plastic to a 3/8-inch thickness. Line a 9-inch tart pan with the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line the tart shell with foil and fill with baking weights. Bake for 20 minutes, then carefully remove the foil and baking weights. Continue baking, uncovered, for about 15 additional minutes or until tart is light golden in color.
- While the tart crust is baking, make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine mascarpone, sugar and cinnamon. Using the paddle attachment, beat mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add ricotta, egg plus egg white, honey and salt, and mix to combine. Pour filling into baked tart shell and smooth the top (crust can still be hot when you add the filling).
- Bake tart for 20 to 30 minutes, or until filling is just set in the center (a little wobble is O.K.). Let cool at room temperature on a wire rack. If you like, drizzle with honey or arrange fruit on top just before serving. Tart is best served the same day as baking.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 405, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 158 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "lemon and poppy seed tartlets recipes"
LEMON POPPY SEED TART - WOMAN'S DAY
LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
LEMON TART WITH POPPY SEED SHORTBREAD CRUST - THE …
15 LEMON POPPY SEED DESSERTS THAT TASTE LIKE SPRING
CREAMY LEMON-POPPYSEED TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
LEMON POPPY SEED LOAF (THE BEST) | RICARDO
GLAZED LEMON POPPY SEED COOKIES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
SNOW-CAPPED LEMON POPPY SEED TARTLETS – FOR THE LOVE OF BUTTER
LEMON POPPY SEED TART RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMON POPPY SEED TORTE (UKRAINIAN CAKE)- FOOD MEANDERINGS
LEMON AND POPPY SEED TARTLETS - SIDE DISH RECIPES
RECIPE :: STRAWBERRY LEMON POPPY SEED TARTLETS | CASSANDRA LAVALLE
LEMON POPPY SEED TART - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMON POPPY SEED SWEET ROLLS RECIPE | KITCHN
LEMON POPPY SEED TART RECIPE | RECIPELAND
BEST LEMON POPPY SEED RECIPES! - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
TART AND SWEET LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS RECIPE | BIGGER BOLDER …
LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
GLAZED LEMON POPPY SEED DONUTS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
TART LEMON POPPY SEED BARS - JOY THE BAKER
LEMON-POPPY SEED TARTS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEMON POPPY SEED TART RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
FOOD NETWORK CANADA | BEST EASY RECIPES & COOKING TIPS
LEMON POPPY SEED TART
GLUTEN-FREE LEMON POPPYSEED CUPCAKES - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
LEMON POPPY SEED LOAF - SOBEYS INC.
LEMON POPPY SEED TEA CAKE - LION'S BREAD
LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEMON-POPPY SEED TARTS RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
LEMON POPPY SEED TART - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
LEMON POPPY SEED TORTE – DIARY OF A MAD HAUSFRAU
AIR FRYER LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS - SUGAR AND SOUL
LEMON POPPY SEED YOGURT TARTS - PERFECT SNACKS
GLAZED LEMON POPPY SEED BARS RECIPE | PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
You'll also love