LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLINI
- Heat a medium sauté pan or wok over medium heat.
- Rinse the broccolini under cold water and add to the heated pan or wok (you want to hear a nice sizzle). Put the lid on and allow to cook and steam for a couple of minutes, tossing once or twice so it doesn't burn.
- Take off the lid and drizzle over 1 tablespoon olive oil, place the lid back on and cook the broccolini for a couple of minutes, shaking the pan from time to time to make sure it doesn't burn, until it is bright green and crisp-tender.
- Stir the crushed garlic, lemon zest and a pinch of sea salt into the broccolini, then cover and cook for a further minute.
- Remove the lid, stir in the lemon juice and transfer to a serving plate.
ROASTED BROCCOLINI AND LEMON WITH PARMESAN
Dumping cheese onto something, roasting it and calling it genius isn't the most original thought, but it's worth mentioning how wonderful this recipe is. Maybe it's the caramelized, jammy slices of lemon or maybe it's the almost burnt, crisp, frilly ends of tender broccolini. Whatever it is, a version of this is worthy of every dinner party. While there is something special about the broccolini here (nothing compares to the tender stalks and those wispy ends), this technique also works with root vegetables like carrots, potatoes and parsnips, as well as other brassicas like cauliflower and brussels sprouts. (This recipe is adapted from "Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes" by Alison Roman.)
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Thinly slice half the lemon into rounds and set the other half aside. Toss lemon slices, garlic and broccolini with the olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, making sure everything is evenly coated, especially the broccolini tips so they get fried and crisp.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and roast until the broccolini is bright green, starting to char and the cheese is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze the remaining half of the lemon over the top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 274, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 810 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON
Broccolini looks like baby broccoli, but it's actually a natural hybrid of broccoli and Chinese kale. (If you can't find it, broccoli rabe can be used in its place.) The tender stalks are blanched first and then sauteed with lemon zest for a quick vegetable dish.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook broccolini until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, and transfer broccolini to ice-water bath. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lemon zest until sizzling, about 30 seconds. Add broccolini and cook until warmed through. Transfer to a platter and season with salt and lemon juice.
BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON
Simple sauteed broccolini with butter and lemon.
Provided by Christine Cushing
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Blanch the brocolinni in boiling salted water, soak in ice cold water.
- In a hot pan, sauté the shallots and garlic in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Even the most finicky eaters will eagerly eat this vegetable seasoned with lemon-pepper, lemon peel and lemon juice. If you prefer, use broccoli instead.-Kim Champion, Phoenix, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add broccolini; cook, uncovered, until just tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccolini in ice water. Drain and pat dry., In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon-pepper, lemon zest and salt. Add broccolini; toss until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 232mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This quick broccolini dish is delicious, good for you, and full of garlicky, lemony flavor. Broccolini is more tender than broccoli and has a milder flavor. I love the mix of textures; the crunchy stems and the softer florets that soak up sauce are a great combination.
Provided by JUMAHA
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Fill a large skillet with 1 to 2 inches of water and bring to a boil; add broccolini and cook until bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer broccolini to a strainer and drain water from skillet.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in the hot oil until golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Return broccolini to frying pan using tongs; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over broccoli and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Carbohydrate 17.5 g, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 145.2 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
GRILLED LEMON BROCCOLINI
Broccolini's mild sweetness paired with tangy lemon juice make this easy grilled recipe one you'll keep coming back to. Broccolini doesn't take long to grill and is best eaten with the stems slightly crispy and the florets with a slight char. For extra smoky flavor, used smoked salt.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Trim about 1/4 inch off the bottoms of the broccolini and remove any leaves.
- Brush broccolini with some of the oil mixture. Place on the grate and grill for 7 to 9 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, brushing on more oil mixture. Remove to a platter and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 407 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON OIL
- Remove zest from lemon in 1-inch-wide strips with a vegetable peeler. Cut off any white pith from zest with a small sharp knife. Halve lemon and set aside.
- Heat oil and zest in a 5-quart wide heavy pot over moderate heat until zest is golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and discard zest, reserving oil in pot.
- Cook Broccolini in an 8- to 10-quart pot two-thirds full of boiling salted water , uncovered, until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain well in a large colander.
- Reheat lemon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add Broccolini and cook, tossing, until coated well and heated through, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste, then squeeze half of lemon over Broccolini. (Reserve remaining lemon half for another use.)
BROCCOLINI WITH SESAME SAUCE AND LEMON
- Cook broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain and transfer to paper towels.
- Meanwhile, mix tahini, miso, soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 tsp. honey, and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl to combine; season sesame sauce with salt.
- Cut lemon lengthwise into quarters, then thinly slice crosswise. Toss in a small bowl with remaining 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and remaining 1 tsp. honey; season lightly with salt.
- Spread sesame sauce on a platter and arrange broccolini on top. Scatter lemon over; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Do Ahead: Sesame sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
BROCCOLINI WITH CREAMY LEMON SAUCE
A broccoli recipe for those who thought they hated broccoli. Brocconlini is sweeter and milder tasting than mature broccoli. Found this jewel of a recipe in my March 2003 Better Homes and Garden magazine. Fresh asparagus, pea pods or romanesco would make excellent substitutes for the broccolini. Mascarpone is available at Trader Joe's and well-stocked grocery stores.
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook the broccolini until crisp-tender, approximately 5-7 minutes. (For asparagus: 3-5 minutes; pea pods: 2-4 minutes; romanesco: 7-8 minutes.).
- Drain well.
- To make the lemon sauce, in a small bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, sour cream, milk, marjoram, lemon peel and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked broccolini to a serving platter. Spoon the lemon sauce over the vegetables. Garnish with a marjoram sprig.
- Serve warm.
More about "lemon broccolini recipes"
BEST GRILLED LEMON BROCCOLINI - HOW TO MAKE GRILLED LEMON …
GRILLED BROCCOLINI WITH GRILLED LEMON AND PARMESAN - VINDULGE
SAUTéED BROCCOLINI WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - HEALTHY LITTLE FOODIES
MEYER LEMON BROCCOLINI - SWEET CS DESIGNS
BREADED CHICKEN TENDERS LEMON BROCCOLINI RECIPE | THE …
CRAVINGS | LEMON PARM BROCCOLINI
BROCCOLINI WITH GARLIC AND LEMON – HOMEMADE ITALIAN …
LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLINI | CANADIAN LIVING
10-MINUTE LEMON GARLIC SAUTéED BROCCOLINI - SIMPLY …
BROCCOLINI® BABY BROCCOLI WITH LEMON AND GARLIC
PASTA WITH BROCCOLINI, PRESERVED LEMON AND CHICKPEAS
OVEN ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - LOSE WEIGHT BY …
BROCCOLINI WITH CRISPY LEMON CRUMBS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CRISPY AIR FRYER BROCCOLINI - KETO - I BREATHE I'M HUNGRY
LEMON BUTTER BROCCOLINI ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
LEMON BROCCOLINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON-SCENTED BROCCOLINI RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
15-MINUTE LEMONY BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPE - PUREWOW
BROCCOLINI WITH CRISPY LEMON CRUMBS - DELISH
EASY SAUTéED BROCCOLINI WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - LENA'S KITCHEN
LEMON BROCCOLINI TOPPED WITH EGG - SUPERMAN COOKS
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CRISPY ROASTED LEMON PARMESAN BROCCOLINI - HEALTHFUL BLONDIE
BUTTERY LEMON BROCCOLINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUTEED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - WENT HERE 8 THIS
GARLIC, LEMON, PARMESAN, AND BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPE
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON RECIPE — THE MOM 100
SAUTEED BROCCOLINI WITH GARLIC LEMON BUTTER (KETO RECIPE)
LEMON-GARLIC BROCCOLINI - THE VEGAN ATLAS
LEMON BROCCOLINI WITH PEPPERED GARLIC | KETO MACROS
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
ROASTED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON MISO BUTTER SAUCE - SARA'S RECIPES
GRILLED BROCCOLINI WITH LEMON GARLIC DRESSING - HEY GRILL, HEY
LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLINI - SEA SALT SAVORINGS
LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLINI SPAGHETTI RECIPE – CHICKAPEA
LEMON-BUTTER BROCCOLINI - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
You'll also love