LEMON CHOCOLATE TART
Published by the Toronto Star and originally from Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking. This tart is quick and easy to make. While it's baking some of the chocolate crust will rise to the top and leave a lemon layer in the middle.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pulse wafer crumbs in food processor until fine.
- Blend butter and corn syrup.
- With food processor running, gradually add butter mixture to crumbs and process until mixed.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate or flan pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using hands or back of large spoon, spread crumb mixture over bottom and up sides pressing firmly so mixture holds together.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Lemon Filling:.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and sugar in bowl until well mixed.
- Whisk in lemon rind and juice.
- Pour into baked chocolate crust.
- Bake in 375F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until top is barely set.
- Let cool.
- Just before serving, sift sugar over top.
DARK CHOCOLATE AND LEMON GANACHE TARTLETS
- FOR PASTRY:
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in processor. Using on/off turns, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk, cream and vanilla. Process until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Divide dough in half. Flatten each half into disk. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated. Let dough soften slightly at room temperature before rolling.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Roll out 1 dough disk on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using plate as guide, cut out three 6-inch rounds. Transfer rounds to 4 1/2-inch-diameter tartlet pans with removable bottoms. Press dough into pans. Fold in any excess dough; press to form double-thick sides. Repeat rolling, cutting and forming with remaining dough disk, making 6 crusts total. Freeze crust until firm, about 5 minutes.
- Place crusts on large baking sheet. Bake until light golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool crusts completely. Remove crusts from pans.
- FOR FILLING:
- Bring 3/4 cup cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Mix in 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Divide chocolate among cooled crusts. Refrigerate tartlets until filling is set, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Combine 1/4 cup cream and 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel in large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Spoon whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip. Pipe cream decoratively atop tartlets. Garnish with lemon twists, if desired.
People also searched
More about "lemon chocolate tart recipes"
CHOCOLATE LEMON TART - LIFE BEGINS WITH DESSERT
This yummy dark chocolate lemon tart has the perfect combination of heavenly flavors. With just a hint of lemon and lots of rich chocolate flavors, this easy to make gluten free tart recipe is a fan favorite! Tarts are one of my favorite holiday desserts! This amazing chocolate tart …
LEMON CURD AND CHOCOLATE GANACHE TART - FORMER CHEF
2013-04-22 · Recipe for tart lemon curd, creamy chocolate ganache, and tart dough. Prep Time 45 mins. Cook Time 20 mins. Total Time 1 hr 30 mins. Course: Dessert. Cuisine: American. Keyword: chocolate, dessert, lemon. Servings: 1 tart or 12 slices. Ingredients. For the lemon curd: 6 each Egg Yolks; 1 cup sugar; 1/2 cup lemon …
- Grate the lemon zest first, using a fresh, clean lemon. Only grate only the yellow part, avoiding the white pith which can be bitter. Then squeeze the lemons through a strainer for their juice.
LEMON TART WITH CHOCOLATE LAYER + DRIZZLE ...
2019-03-31 · The chocolate in this lemon tart is all soft and glossy; the lemon curd perfectly balanced. I love when lemon curd isn’t too cooked, so that it looks like it has the appearance of being on the urge of heaving over, but never quite tumbles. And don’t even get me started on the curd. The flavor holds the line between too sweet and too tart …
- For the Crust. In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt; pulse until combined. Add cold butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. With processor running, add egg yolk and 2 tablespoons (30 grams) ice water, pulsing until dough comes together. Shape dough into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll Tart Dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch round tart pan, pressing into bottom and up sides. Trim excess dough. Using a fork, prick bottom of tart shell. Freeze for 15 minutes. Top dough with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of pan. Add pie weights (or uncooked rice or dried beans).
- Bake until edges are set, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove paper and weights. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
MEYER LEMON TART WITH CHOCOLATE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
2021-03-17 · Make the tart. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Take the tart pan with the pâte sucrée from the refrigerator. Prick the bottom with a fork and line it with a few opened and fanned-out coffee filters or a piece of parchment paper. Fill the lined tart …
LEMON TART WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE - PREPPY KITCHEN
2019-03-03 · These lemon curd tarts with raspberry and white chocolate have a strawberry surprise inside! There’s a layer of white chocolate ganache flavored with strawberry at the base that provides a wonderful balance to the lemon’s zing. I might have gone a bit overboard with my construction of these pastries but you can use the same recipe with a regular tart …
- To make the strawberry powder I crushed dehydrated strawberries in a plastic bag then sifted the powder and measured out a tablespoon.
TWEAKING AN OLD FAVORITE: MEYER LEMON AND CHOCOLATE TART ...
2009-04-25 · It is the addition of butter that changes this recipe from a simple lemon curd to a rich, satiny-smooth cream. Once the cream is finished pour it into a container and let it chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour before assembly. To finish the tarts: Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate …
VALRHONA AND MEASURED INDULGENCE: NEW LEMON WHITE ...
2013-08-27 · Although it seems almost not a lemon curd recipe, the result, a lemon white chocolate tart, tasted virtually the same. Here, Bau does a rather modern presentation by piping the curd between two shortcrust biscuits and dotting some meringue on top. The result achieves the same pleasing contrast of textures that Bau adores in his lemon tart…
CHOCOLATE LEMON TART - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
2021-02-01 · Tart Dough (recipe below) Chocolate Ganache (recipe below) 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar; 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature; ⅔ cup (150 grams) unsalted butter, softened and cubed ; ¼ cup (12 grams) lemon zest; ½ cup (120 grams) fresh lemon juice; Instructions. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). On a lightly floured surface, roll Tart …
LEMON & DARK CHOCOLATE TART - HOUSE & HOME
2017-06-16 · Lemon & Dark Chocolate Tart. Recipe: Kristen Eppich. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest. Print This Comment. Prep Time: 30 minutes. Total Time: 5 hours, including chilling time. Ingredients. Crust. 1⁄2 cup butter, softened; 1⁄3 cup sugar; Pinch of salt; 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour; 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted; Lemon filling. 1 cup sugar; 1 tbsp lemon …
LEMON TART WITH CHOCOLATE PASTRY RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
Lemon tart with chocolate pastry. Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 14 minutes Chilling Time: 1 hour, then overnight Makes: 12 servings Ingredients Pastry dough 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour 1/4 cup cocoa powder Pinch of salt 1/4cup icing sugar 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter, chilled and diced 1 large egg yolk 2 tablespoons cold water Pastry dough ingredients. Lemon …
See details »
DELICIOUS LEMON & GOLD CHOCOLATE TART (FULL RECIPE ...
An exceptional lemon and chocolate tart recipe by Kirsten Tibballs, embracing Callebaut Gold Caramel Couverture. Subscribe for more amazing tasty tutorials ...
See details »
LEMON MASCARPONE TART RECIPE - TARTISTRY.COM DESSERTS
2020-09-14 · The tart is garnished with candied lemon peel. The tart can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for several days. Best served slightly chilled. Other Tart Recipes You Might Enjoy. Some of our most popular tart recipes include chocolate cherry tart, orange tart, apple cider tart, strawberry tart, and pumpkin maple rum tart.
LEMON TART WITH CHOCOLATE-ALMOND CRUST RECIPE - KATE ...
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter an 11-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry out to a 14-inch round 1/4 inch thick.
- In a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; pulse to blend. Add the butter; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the egg; process until the dough just comes together. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic, flatten into a disk and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter an 11-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry out to a 14-inch round 1/4 inch thick. Fit the pastry into the tart pan. Run the rolling pin across the rim of the pan to cut off any overhanging dough. Patch any tears in the pastry with scraps. Line the pastry with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, or until the crust is nearly dry. Remove the foil and bake the crust for 15 minutes longer, or until firm. Let cool. Lower the oven temperature to 300°.
- Set a fine sieve over a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of the sugar with the lemon juice and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. In another medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with the whole egg and the remaining 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whisk half of the hot lemon syrup into the egg mixture; add the mixture to the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the curd just comes to a boil, about 3 minutes; it should be the consistency of sour cream. Strain the curd through the fine sieve and let cool to room temperature, then whisk in the softened butter until the curd is light and fluffy.
- Pour the curd into the crust and bake for 20 minutes, or just until set. Cool the tart on a wire rack, then refrigerate until chilled. Unmold the tart and garnish it with chocolate shavings. Transfer the tart to a large plate and serve.
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND LEMON CURD TART | URBNSPICE
2017-01-06 · Presenting White Chocolate and Lemon Curd Tart ... CHEF TIP: Note that the 3 oz. of melted white chocolate in the crust recipe is brushed on to the pre-baked shells. This technique accomplishes two things: the chocolate adds flavour to the baked shell and by coating the shell with chocolate, it also has the added benefit of keeping the pastry crisp, even after a day or two. This recipe …
MEYER LEMON AND WHITE CHOCOLATE TART — AMANDA FREDERICKSON
2017-01-05 · Assemble the tart by whipping the white chocolate whipped cream until stiff peaks form, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add a couple of dollops of the whipped crea to the center of the lemon tart. Top with lemon slices. Serve immediately or keep tart refrigerated until ready to eat. Serves 8 to 10
LEMON TART WITH ROSEMARY INFUSED CHOCOLATE CRUST
2018-12-30 · Steps. To make the crust: Spray the pan with a bit of baking spray (see notes). Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan melt the butter with the rosemary sprigs over low heat. As soon as the butter sizzles, retire from heat and shake a bit the saucepan for a few seconds. Return to heat and let it simmer for a few second, then repeating the ...
LEMON CURD TART WITH CHOCOLATE SURPRISE - CURRY TRAIL
2015-01-30 · The moment I saw the recipe, I knew I was going to make a lemon curd tart. I made few modifications to the recipe and came up with this tart. Orange and chocolate is a heavenly combo, so is lemon curd and chocolate. Though I had decided on what combo I would be making, the issue was I wasn’t sure if I could actually make a good tart. But I was elated to see the results and the entire …
WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMON TART | CANADIAN LIVING
2005-07-14 · Using pastry brush, coat inside of pastry shell with chocolate. Let cool. In separate bowl, whip cream; using rubber spatula, fold half into lemon curd. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until combined. Pour into shell, swirling top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. (Lemon tart can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
See details »
COCONUT LEMON TART RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
Coconut Lemon Tart Recipes containing ingredients brown sugar, butter, cocoa, coconut, coconut milk, cracker crumbs, cream of tartar, dark chocolate, eggs, figs …
See details »
GORDON RAMSAY'S SIGNATURE LEMON TART RECIPE - THEFOODXP
2021-09-08 · For Gordon Ramsay’s lemon tart, whisk sugar, butter, eggs, and flour in a bowl. Knead the dough into a flat disk shape. Line this pastry on a tart pan and bake for about 15 minutes. For the filling, whisk the cream, eggs, yolks, and sugar in a bowl. Add lemon juice and pour the filling into the tart case containing a chocolate layer. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
See details »
LEMON TART RECIPE RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
2 days ago · Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Ease into prepared tin, trimming edges. Chill for 15 minutes. Line with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake case for 10-15 minutes. Remove paper and beans or rice. Bake for another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and cool. Reduce oven to 150°C fan-forced (170 ...
See details »
RECIPE FOR LEMON AND CHOCOLATE TARTE TATIN 2021 EASY ...
Lemon chocolate tart tatin recipe. Start by turning the oven to 220º C so that it reaches the necessary temperature. Grate the skin of the lemons and then squeeze them, to get the game of both. In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the white cheese, the juice and the lemon peel, the sugar and the flour, until you get a unique mixture. Spread the mold you are going to use with butter and pour ...
See details »
BAKING RECIPES: MAKE DELICIOUS LEMON TART AT HOME | PINKVILLA
2021-09-14 · So follow this super simple recipe given below to make wholesome and filling lemon tart at home in just 4 quick steps. Step 1 Combine 500grams of …
See details »
10 BEST LEMON CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american pies-and-tarts desserts fruit canadian dinner-party vegetarian chocolate dietary citrus lemon taste-mood sweet