LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES
A classic British cake from the Bake Off judge, Paul Hollywood's lemon drizzle is a simple traybake, made extra special with feather icing
Provided by Paul Hollywood
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield cuts into 12 slices
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Line a 20 x 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix again. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon curd and milk, and mix with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the sugar and lemon juice together and pour over the hot cake. Leave to cool in the tin. You can eat the cake as it is, or for a fancy finish, try making this feather icing.
- Mix the icing sugar with just enough water to give a runny, but not watery, icing. Put a small amount of icing in a separate bowl. Add a few drops of the food colouring to the icing until pale yellow. Spoon into a disposable icing bag.
- Remove the cake from the tin and peel off the baking parchment. Sit the cake on a wire rack over a baking tray. Spread the white icing over the top. Pipe thin lines of the coloured icing across the width of the cake. Use a cocktail stick to drag through the lines in opposite directions to create a feathered effect. Leave to set before cutting into slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 43 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 34 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
LEMON DRIZZLE SIMNEL SLICES
Lemon drizzle meets almondy simnel cake in this Easter traybake. It's a fruity treat that you can slice and serve with ease when entertaining
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield cuts into 16 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Oil and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking parchment. Beat the butter and sugar with most of the lemon zest until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing constantly, then add the flour, almonds and baking powder, and keep mixing until you have a smooth cake batter. Stir in the milk and dried fruit.
- Scrape half the cake batter into the tin and level the surface. Coarsely grate half the marzipan onto the batter to create an even layer, then cover with the rest of the batter, trying not to disturb the marzipan too much. Level the top and bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. If any wet cake mixture clings to the skewer, return the cake to the oven for 5 mins, then check again. Mix the remaining caster sugar with a quarter of the lemon juice, then drizzle over the cake while still warm. Leave the cake to cool in the tin.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make a drizzly icing - 2-3 tsp should be enough. Divide the rest of the marzipan into 11 even lumps and roll into balls. Drizzle the icing over the cake, top with the marzipan balls and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Will keep in an airtight container for up to five days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 39 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CANDIED LEMON SLICES
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut lemon into 12 paper-thin slices; discard seeds and ends of rind.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and add lemon slices; stir until softened, about 1 minute. Drain, and immediately plunge slices into ice-water bath. Drain.
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium skillet, swirling to dissolve sugar. When liquid is clear and bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low. Add lemon slices, arranging them in one layer with tongs. Simmer (do not let boil) until rinds are translucent, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Let stand until ready to serve. Lemon slices can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.
BEST EVER LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
I love a good slice of cake and a cup of tea, particularly when it's warm and sunny outside. And nothing says sunshine like bright yellow, zesty lemons! This is one of my favorite, easy recipes for a light, fluffy lemon drizzle cake. This is also my boyfriend's absolute favorite; he exclaimed it was the best cake he's ever had, which is certainly saying something! Serve with a cup of tea and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. When life give you lemons, make lemon cake!
Provided by Try This Recipe!
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Measure ingredients into bowls. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and pale. Add 1 egg at a time, beating until the batter returns to a uniform pale color before adding the next. Sift in flour gradually. Fold with a wooden spoon to be sure flour is combined. Add baking powder and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, being careful not to press it down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Try not to open the oven door early to avoid collapsing the fluffy cake.
- Juice the zested lemon into a small bowl. Add the zest and juice of the second lemon. Stir in 7 tablespoons sugar until dissolved. Pour glaze over the warm cake and leave to cool in the pan; glaze will harden as the cake cools.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.7 calories, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 154 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 569.1 mg, Sugar 39.3 g
More about "lemon drizzle slices recipes"
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - PAUL HOLLYWOOD
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - THE HAPPY FOODIE
Cuisine BritishCategory Afternoon TeaServings 12
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsServings 12Calories 236 per serving
EASY LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE RECIPE - 31 DAILY
GLUTEN-FREE LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - WALLFLOWER KITCHEN
BAKED LEMON SLICE | CLASSIC RECIPE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
TRAY BAKE RECIPES: MARY BERRY'S LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE | DESSERT ...
LEMON SLICE RECIPE | BEST EVER | COOKING WITH NANA LING
MARY BERRY'S LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - EASIEST EVER ONE BOWL RECIPE
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - EDWARD HAYDEN
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES — DEE FAHEY
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE SLICE RECIPE FROM FRUTTA SI
LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE RECIPE | ODLUMS
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES | RECIPE | CAKE BARS RECIPE, BRITISH BAKING …
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
THE BEST LEMON DRIZZLE BLONDIES RECIPE - SOPH-OBSESSED
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES | FOOD&WINE IRELAND
LEMON DRIZZLE SIMNEL SLICES | RECIPE CART
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - SLICE OF SPONGE
BALLYKNOCKEN LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE SLICES - DELISH
LEMON SLICES | EASY BAKING | SBS FOOD
CLASSIC ZESTY LEMON DRIZZLE SLICE - STARTS AT 60
LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
DUALIT RECIPE | LEMON DRIZZLE TRAYBAKE
AUNTIE ERICA'S LEMON SQUARES | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
EASY LEMON DRIZZLE TRAY BAKE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - FOOD NETWORK
CANDIED LEMON SLICES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
LEMON DRIZZLE ICING | BAKING MAD
MARY BERRY’S LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICE | CSR SUGAR
GITHUB - FEEMOWA/LEMON-DRIZZLE-SLICES: THE BEST CAKE EVER
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES - LEMON SQUEEZY
LEMON DRIZZLE RECIPE - GITHUB
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES | RECIPE CART
MARY BERRY'S LEMON TRAYBAKE - COOKING WITH MY KIDS
BALLYKNOCKEN LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
LEMON DRIZZLE SLICES RECIPE - LEMON SQUEEZY
LEMON SLICES: DONAL SKEHAN - RTE.IE
LEMON SLICE (GLUTEN AND DAIRY FREE)
LEMON DRIZZLE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a lemon drizzle cake?A classic British cake from the Bake Off judge, Paul Hollywood's lemon drizzle is a simple traybake, made extra special with feather icing Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Line a 20 x 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment. Using an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix again.
What to do with lemon drizzle slices?The perfect accompaniment to a nice cup of tea, these lemon drizzle slices are a light and zesty. A nice alternative for those who don’t particularly love heavy baking. If you aren’t too keen on baking, this all in one recipe makes things very simple and should leave you with fairly impressive results. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
What are the ingredients for a lemon drizzle?Ingredients 1 175g caster sugar 2 175g self-raising flour 3 175g softened butter 4 3 eggs 5 Finely grated zest of 1 lemon 6 ¾ level tsp baking powder 7 For the lemon drizzle topping: 8 100g granulated sugar 9 Juice of 1 lemon 10 Special bakeware / equipment: More items...
How to make a creamy lemon slice?How to make a perfect Creamy Lemon Slice…. To make this Creamy Lemon Slice, you simply mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter together and press into a slice tin. Bake for 10 minutes and then take out of the oven.