LEMON COLE SLAW
I'm posting this recipe in response to a request. This do-ahead, sweet slaw is delicious with chicken, barbecue, or fish! (Prep and cook time do not include 6 hours or overnight chilling time).
Provided by SilentCricket
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine all vegetables and toss with oil.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except jello and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon jello and stir to dissolve.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Pour over slaw and toss well.
- Cover and chill overnight or at least 6 hours.
- This is a sweet slaw and will keep 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.4, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 2.1, Sodium 289.2, Carbohydrate 32.4, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 29.8, Protein 1.6
THE ULTIMATE COLESLAW
- In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add the shredded slaw mix and toss until combined.
- Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, zest, lemon juice, sugar, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and parsley and toss well. Chill, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper.
From Southern Living Magazine. Sounds light and refreshing! Prep time does not include chill time.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Stir together first 9 ingredients in a large bowl until blended; add coleslaw mix, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.1, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 698.3, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 4, Sugar 9, Protein 2.4
EASY COLESLAW DRESSING
A creamy coleslaw dressing that can be made with ingredients you already have! You can pour it immediately over a 14-ounce package of coleslaw mix or refrigerate until needed.
Provided by GarlicQueen
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.3 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 236.2 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
TRADITIONAL CREAMY COLESLAW
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, dry mustard, celery salt, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Fold coleslaw mix into dressing. Cover bowl and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.7 calories, Carbohydrate 13.9 g, Cholesterol 12.3 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 331.6 mg, Sugar 5 g
This vegan recipe fulfills the need for a creamy slaw that can sit out in the sun. Instead of dairy and raw egg yolks, this slaw is slicked with tahini and mustard. Capers, lemon zest and scallions are smashed into a coarse paste, then massaged into the cabbage to lend umami and a salty punch. Snap peas and radishes add crunch, but feel free to swap in celery, jicama, fennel or other vegetables. This is a decidedly savory slaw; if you want some sweetness, add honey to the dressing, to taste. The slaw can sit out - poolside, deskside, at a picnic - for up to 3 hours, and it keeps for 3 days in the fridge.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Chop and smash the capers, lemon zest and half the scallions together into a coarse, wet paste. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and the scallion-caper mixture. Massage with your hands until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Prepare the dressing: In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, the tahini and mustard. Add water until thick but pourable (about 3 tablespoons depending on tahini brand). Season to taste with salt and pepper and another teaspoon of mustard for more kick, if desired.
- Add the snap peas, radishes and remaining scallions to the cabbage, then stir in enough dressing to lightly coat. (Leftover dressing will keep for up to a week; thin with water as needed.) Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
BROCCOLI SLAW WITH LEMON DRESSING
Our family absolutely loves broccoli, so I'm so happy there's finally a slaw mix in stores that uses broccoli stems. I like this slaw best after 20 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld. -Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients. Add coleslaw mix and apples; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 152mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LEMONY ITALIAN COLESLAW
- In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix salad ingredients; toss with dressing. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours before serving to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 125 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "lemon slaw recipes"
LEMON SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsServings 6
16 BEST COLESLAW RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE COLESLAW
LEMON TAHINI CABBAGE SLAW - JENNIFERSKITCHEN
COLESLAW DRESSING RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
LEMON-PARSLEY SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS | MOM ON TIMEOUT
LEMON BROCCOLI SLAW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SIMPLE LEBANESE SLAW | FEASTING AT HOME
EASY SOUTHERN COLESLAW RECIPE - WHISK IT REAL GUD (COLE …
10 BEST COLESLAW DRESSING LEMON JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MY FAVORITE COLESLAW (WITH LEMON AND FRESH HERBS) - THE …
LEMON-CILANTRO SLAW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
COLE SLAW WITH LEMON JUICE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
LEMON SLAW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BEST COLESLAW RECIPE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
CREAMY COLESLAW RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
LEMON SLAW RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LEMONY COLESLAW RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
LEMON SLAW - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
LEMON VINAIGRETTE COLE SLAW - CAMILLE STYLES
LEMON FENNEL SLAW - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
LEMON SLAW | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
EASY COLE SLAW RECIPE (COLESLAW RECIPE) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SIMPLE HEALTHY COLESLAW RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
LEMON SLAW RECIPE
LEMON SLAW - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMONY KALE SLAW RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
LEMON SLAW - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HEALTHY COLESLAW RECIPE (LEMON DILL COLESLAW) - SAVORY WITH SOUL
LEMON PEPPER SLAW | MCCORMICK
RECIPE: FRESH FENNEL AND LEMON SLAW | KITCHN
APPLE LEMON SLAW RECIPE | BARBECUE AT HOME BY DICKEY'S
COLESLAW WITH LEMON-MAYONNAISE DRESSING - A WELL SEASONED …
MEXICAN SLAW DRESSING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MEXICAN COLESLAW RECIPE - LEMON TREE DWELLING
CLASSIC COLESLAW RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE DRESSING - SIMPLY SCRATCH
LEMON SLAW RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
#weeknight #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #salads #fruit #vegetables #american #easy #dinner-party #salad-dressings #citrus #lemon #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make lemon coleslaw?Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, zest, lemon juice, sugar, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and parsley and toss well. Chill, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper. How would you rate Lemon Coleslaw? I love this recipe.
How do you make cole slaw?The first step in making cole slaw is to add mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, a pinch of celery salt, salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix until combines. Secondly, pour the cole slaw dressing into the bowl with the cole slaw. Mix well. Lastly, you can either eat it right away or refrigerate it for an hour or two.
How do you make slaw with garlic and cumin?Add the garlic, cumin and salt and whisk until thoroughly blended. Drizzle the dressing over the slaw and toss until all of the ingredients are lightly coated in dressing. Taste and add an additional tablespoon of lemon juice if the slaw needs a little more zip. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate to marinate for up to several hours.
How do you make slaw with vinaigrette?Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl. Add all the slaw ingredients to the bowl and toss well to combine. Let set for 20 minutes to marinate at room temperature. This is delicious!