LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST
Our state produces an abundance of lemons, and everyone is always looking for new ways to use them. This beautiful tart is my delicious solution to the excess-lemon problem! -Lois Kinneberg, Phoenix, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the flour, almonds, sugar, butter, extract and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a soft dough. , Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°., In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Pour into crust., Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Fat 24g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 185mg cholesterol, Sodium 424mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CLASSIC LEMON TART WITH COCONUT-ALMOND CRUST
- For the coconut-almond crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the coconut on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the coconut for garnishing the tart.
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons cooled toasted coconut, the all-purpose flour, almond flour and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the almond extract and egg and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until all of the dry ingredients are just incorporated, about 30 seconds. Form the dough into a disc and press it evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch nonstick tart pan with removable bottom; if necessary, use a piece of plastic wrap to help keep the dough from sticking. Refrigerate the tart shell until firm, about 1 hour, or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven again to 350 degrees F.
- Line the tart shell with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights. Place the tart shell on a baking sheet and bake until the edges of the crust are barely golden, about 15 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and weights and continue to bake until the crust is golden brown all over, about 20 minutes. Cool completely, then gently remove the tart shell from the pan and onto a plate.
- For the lemon curd filling: Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, using the butter paper to make sure the butter does not splatter, usually about a minute on 40 percent power. Then, add the sugar and salt and whisk together. Add the whole eggs and egg yolk and whisk again. Add the lemon zest and juice and whisk well. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove carefully and whisk. Continue to microwave in 1-minute intervals, whisking after each minute, until the mixture is thick. It usually takes between 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the microwave. Note that the mixture will get thin before it gets thick.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and push the curd through a fine-mesh sieve into another bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the curd and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- For the whipped cream: Place the whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the tart: Pour the lemon curd into the tart shell and spread evenly. Place the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a plain tip and pipe a border around the edge of the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved toasted coconut. Allow the tart to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before slicing.
PAN-BAKED LEMON-ALMOND TART
This flourless, crustless tart is rich, moist, sweet and and prepared almost entirely on the stovetop (with the exception of a few minutes spent under the broiler to crisp the top). It is the ideal decadent breakfast, a new twist on the classic coffeecake or last-minute dessert.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories quick, dessert
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt, ground almonds, cream, sliced almonds, lemon zest and juice.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet over low heat; when foam has subsided, add almond mixture to pan, tilting pan to distribute batter evenly. Continue to cook tart on stovetop until edges just begin to set, then put pan in oven and finish cooking, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- When tart is done, put it in broiler for about a minute or until just golden on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sliced almonds. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 409, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 147 milligrams, Sugar 33 grams, TransFat 0 grams
THE BEST LEMON TART EVER
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer; mix ingredients thoroughly with a paddle attachment. Mix flour into butter mixture to make a smooth dough. Press dough into a 9-inch tart pan; refrigerate crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake crust until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup flour in a bowl until smooth. Pour lemon filling into crust. Cover edges of crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Bake tart until filling is set, about 20 minutes. Cool completely and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Carbohydrate 78.8 g, Cholesterol 115.5 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 149.8 mg, Sugar 50.9 g
SHORTBREAD LEMON TART
For a change from ordinary lemon bars, we added grated orange zest to both the crust and filling to turn the recipe into a lemon tart. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest. Whisk in butter until smooth. Set aside. , For crust, pulse first 6 ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a ball. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. , Pour lemon mixture into crust. Bake until center is almost set, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and, if desired, fresh raspberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 18g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 101mg cholesterol, Sodium 158mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
LEMON ALMOND TART
- Pulse together flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade. Pulse in butter until crumbly. Stir egg yolks and vanilla together and pulse into flour mixture. Remove from processor and work with hands to make soft dough. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of waxed paper to about 1/8-inch thickness. Remove waxed paper and place into 9-inch tart pan, pressing dough firmly into sides. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit Toast almonds in shallow pan for 7 to 9 minutes or until brown. Remove and let cool. Finely chop in food processor with metal blade. Set aside. Remove the crust from the freezer. Line crust with aluminum foil and top with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil and let cool.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar together on medium speed in large bowl until pale. Stir in lemon juice and zest, then melted butter, almonds and almond extract. Place tart pan with crust in shallow baking pan. Carefully pour filling into crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until tart is set and a rich brown color. When ready to serve dust with powdered sugar.
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST
"Our state products an abundance of lemons, and everyone is always looking for new ways to use them. This beautiful tart is my delicious solution to the excess-lemon problem!" Submitted to taste of home by Lois Kinneberg.
Provided by Courtly
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the flour, almonds, sugar, butter, extract and salt in a food processor. Cover and pulse until blended. Gradually add water, 1 T. at a time, pulsing until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the first six filling ingredients until blended. Add butter; cook and stir over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Strain; pour into crust. Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
LEMON CURD TART WITH ALMOND CRUST
Lemon curd is very elegant. For some reason people think it's difficult to make, but it's not-it's simple, quick, and has a lemony freshness and creamy texture that just screams, "Eat me!" In this tart, I pair the bright lemon curd with a nutty, crunchy crust-they're perfect partners. What a combo!
Yield serves: 8 to 10
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse until pulverized.
- Add the butter, sugar, all-purpose flour, almond flour, egg yolk, and salt and pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture is the consistency of grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon cold water to the mix and pulse two or three times-the dough should start to come together in a ball. If the mixture is still very dry and crumbly, add 1 more tablespoon cold water. Check the consistency of the dough by squeezing a handful-if the dough sticks together, it's done. If not, pulse the dough with 1 to 2 more tablespoons water.
- When the dough has come together, dump it out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Using the heel of your hand, schmear the dough straight forward and then roll it back with your fingertips. Repeat this process one or two more times, dusting with flour if it sticks. Form the dough into a flat disk, wrap it in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. (All this could have totally been done ahead of time-like yesterday or even last week!)
- Take the dough out of the fridge 20 to 30 minutes before you're ready to use it and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin to roll the dough 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Lay the dough in a 10-inch tart pan, pressing it gently into the pan. Tear off a little piece of dough from the edge and roll it into a "dough ball." Dip the dough ball in flour and use it to push the dough into the sides of the tart pan. Trim the edge of the dough by rolling the pin over the top of the pan to create a clean edge; remove the excess dough.
- Gently line the dough with a piece of aluminum foil, pressing it into the sides of the tart to keep them tall and straight. Fill the tart with 1 pound of dry beans or rice, put the pan on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the beans and foil and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, eggs, and salt and whisk until it reaches a homogeneous consistency.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and bring to medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter 2 pats at a time, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Pour the lemon curd into the prepared tart shell and bake until the lemon curd has set, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
ALMOND LEMON TART
A tasty lemon tart made slightly more interesting with the use of almonds. From Claire Macdonald's simply seasonal
Provided by lindseylcw
Yield 6 slices, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put pastry ingredients into food processor.
- blend until looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Pat firmly around sides and base of a flan dish 9 in diameter.
- put into fridge for 1 hour.
- preheat oven to 360F and bake case for 15 - 20 minutes until pale golden.
- take out but leave the oven on.
- put toasted almonds and sugar into food processor and whiz.
- add eggs one by one, then cream, almond extract lemon zest then, lastly, the lemon juice.
- pour into baked shell and smooth the top.
- put into oven and bake until set, about 15 mins.
- serve warm with creme fraiche or whip cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 606.9, Fat 41.6, SaturatedFat 17.3, Cholesterol 180.4, Sodium 154.3, Carbohydrate 49.9, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 24.9, Protein 12.5
PALEO LEMON TARTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 4 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Blend together almond meal, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and dates in a food processor. Press mixture firmly into bottoms and up sides of prepared muffin cups to make crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are lightly golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat 6 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey in a saucepan over low heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Beat eggs in a bowl. While mixture is simmering, slowly add eggs, whisking vigorously. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Pour filling into shells, and place in refrigerator to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.9 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 9.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 45.8 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
More about "lemon tart with almond crust recipes"
EASY CREAMY LEMON TART RECIPE WITH ALMOND CRUST
5/5 (7)Calories 294 per servingCategory Dessert
- To a medium bowl add cream cheese, greek yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla bean paste.
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST | MY JEWISH LEARNING
Servings 8Category Dessert
HEALTHY LEMON TART RECIPE | DAIRY AND GLUTEN-FREE …
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST - KATE SCARLATA RD
LEMON CUSTARD TART WITH HONEY ALMOND CRUST - BUCKS …
LEMON TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND BISCOTTI CRUST - ALL OUR WAY
PALEO LEMON TART - SCD RECIPES FOR A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE
GLUTEN-FREE LEMON TART WITH ALMOND FLOUR CRUST - THE BOJON …
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CREAMY LEMON PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST | PUNCHFORK
VEGAN LEMON TART WITH CRUNCHY ALMOND CRUST | COMEBACK MOMMA
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST - GLUTEN FREE KIDDOS
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST • BREATHING AND COOKING
LEMON TART WITH CHOCOLATE-ALMOND CRUST RECIPE - KATE …
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND FLOUR CRUST (GLUTEN-FREE) - ELISABETH
MEYER LEMON TART RECIPE WITH ALMOND CRUST - EXTRA HELPINGS
LEMON ALMOND TART - THE WOOD AND SPOON BLOG
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST | DESSERTS, LEMON DESSERTS, …
LEMON TART (GLUTEN-FREE) - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
EASY ZESTY LEMON TART RECIPE - ARNOTT'S
ITALIAN LEMON ALMOND TART - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
STRAWBERRY LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST – HOMEMADE EATERY
CREAMY LEMON PIE WITH EASY ALMOND CRUST (GLUTEN-FREE!)
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST | RECIPE | DESSERT RECIPES, LEMON …
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
VEGAN LEMON TART RECIPE | EASY, GLUTEN-FREE - BIANCA ZAPATKA
MINI LEMON TARTS WITH MATZO-ALMOND CRUST RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
LEMON TART WITH HONEY ALMOND CRUST RECIPE
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST BY CARLOS LEO - AMORETTI
LEMON TART WITH ALMOND SWEET CRUST RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MEYER LEMON TART WITH ALMOND CRUST RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #tarts #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #oven #easy #refrigerator #dinner-party #vegetarian #eggs #dietary #citrus #lemon #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love