DRIED ORANGE & LEMON SLICES
Dry orange and lemon slices to use as decorations at Christmas time. They make lovely tree, table or wreath decorations, or pop in a jar as a gift
Provided by Anna Glover
Yield Makes 25-30
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Arrange the citrus slices over two baking trays lined with baking parchment so they're in a single layer. Heat the oven to 110C/90C fan/gas ¼. Bake for 2 hrs until firm and dry, turning the trays around halfway through. Check after 1 hr 15 mins, removing any orange slices that are drying out too quickly, then continue to cook the rest.
- Leave to cool completely on the tray, then package with the garnishes of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4 calories, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 0.2 grams fiber, Protein 0.1 grams protein
ORANGE ROASTED SALMON
I like to make this for company since you can get it ready ahead of time up until the final baking step. It looks both pretty and impressive, and the orange flavor is more subtle than you'd expect. This is a healthy and elegant meal (not to mention delicious) when served with a leafy salad, brown rice, and asparagus.
Provided by KBURIE
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Place the slices from one of the oranges in a single layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place a layer of onion slices over the orange. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil, and sprinkle with half of the herb mixture.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven, and roast for about 25 minutes, or until the onions are browned and tender. Remove the dish from the oven, and increase the temperature to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Push the onion and orange slices to the outer edge of the baking dish, and place the salmon fillets in the center. Season with the remaining half of the herb mixture. Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Pour evenly over the salmon.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the salmon is opaque in the center. Remove fillets to a serving dish, and discard the roasted orange. Garnish fillets with roasted onions and fresh orange slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Carbohydrate 17.4 g, Cholesterol 93.2 mg, Fat 14.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 34.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 353.4 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
LEMONY ACORN SLICES
I discovered this recipe a long time ago and have used it often, This preparation is a nice change from simple baked acorn squash. With the skins on the slices and lemon sauce drizzled over them, this side dish looks as good as it tastes. -Nell Fletcher, Sedalia, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard the seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place slices in a large skillet. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender., Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and remaining water. Cook over medium heat until sugar melts and syrup is golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; carefully add the lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts. Place squash on a serving plate; top with syrup. Garnish with lemon and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 128mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BRAISED LAMB SHANKS WITH GLAZED LEMON AND ORANGE SLICES
From Supermarket Epicure cookbook. I haven't tried this yet. The recipe states: These slowly cooked lamb shanks are succulent and tender. The meat literally falls off the bone into a slightly sweet tomato sauce flavored with citrus slices, honey and cinnamon. This is dish is ideal for preparing ahead of time as the flavors improve with reheating. *Buy shanks that have some red in the bones. That lets you know they're fresh.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large, heavy casserole, heat the oil until almost smoking over medium-high heat.
- Add the lamb shanks and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. If you cannot fit the shanks without crowding, just do 2 at a time.
- Stir in the onion, adjust the heat down to medium, and cook until the onion is wilted and pale, about 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in the lemon and orange slices, tomatoes, stock, wine, honey, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, stir to combine the ingredients, cover the casserole and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake the lamb shanks until they are very tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and skim off the fat, return the pot to the oven, partially covered, for another 15 minutes, turning the shanks a couple of times during this time.
- Serve over cooked pasta or bulgur.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1250.4, Fat 63.8, SaturatedFat 24.2, Cholesterol 408, Sodium 455.8, Carbohydrate 36.3, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 27, Protein 123
LEMONY ORANGE SLICES
- Slice oranges thinly & place in a serving dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice & honey & pour over oranges.
- Cover & chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
More about "lemony orange slices recipes"
DRIED ORANGE SLICES (OVEN OR DEHYDRATOR) | COTTER CRUNCH
4.7/5 (19)Total Time 453620 hrs 40 minsCategory SnacksCalories 21 per serving
- Wash and dry oranges, then cut into very thin slices (as thin as possible). Lay them flat on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
10 BEST CANDIED ORANGE SLICES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CANDIED LEMON AND ORANGE SLICES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 96 hrs 45 mins
LEMONY ORANGE SLICES RECIPES
DEEP-FRIED CITRUS SLICES RECIPE BY DAISY NICHOLS
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- Top and tail the citrus fruit to the point where you get a good showing of flesh as opposed to pith and skin.
- Put the flour and semolina onto a plate and season with salt and pepper, then whisk briefly to combine and get rid of any lumps.
NO-BAKE CITRUS SLICE - JUST A MUM
4.4/5 (164)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 16Total Time 20 mins
- Prepare a 23cm square tin with baking paper, I spray baking spray first to help paper stick (size will impact height of slice so up to you!)
- Melt the condensed milk and butter together, either on the stove top gently or in the microwave in 30 second bursts in a covered microwave proof bowl, until butter completely melted.
ORANGE SLICE MOONSHINE - GOOD LIVING GUIDE
Category DrinksEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
RAW VEGAN ZESTY LEMON SLICE | THE MINIMALIST VEGAN
5/5 (26)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth. Make sure that it's super smooth.
HOW TO DEHYDRATE CITRUS SLICES (LEMONS, LIMES, ORANGES)
5/5 (1)Total Time 6 hrs 5 minsCategory FruitCalories 2 per serving
LEMON SLICE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory SnackCalories 273 per serving
- Butter a dish or deep baking sheet/tin that's approx 19 x 14cm (7 1/2 x 5 1/2 in) and at least 3cm (1 in) deep. Line it with parchment, on the bottom and two longer sides, overhanging the sides, pressing gently into the butter to help it stick.
- Crush the cookies/biscuits either in a food processor or by putting in a freezer bag and crushing with a rolling pin. They should be relatively fine, even crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the coconut and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and condensed milk together in a small pan until they just come to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients along with the lemon juice and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the prepared dish and press it down evenly, flattening the top. Refrigerate for at least an hour before adding the frosting/icing.
HOW TO DRY ORANGE SLICES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Author Cassie BestEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
LEMON SLICE - RECIPES BY CARINA
5/5 (4)Total Time 4 hrs 15 minsCategory BakingCalories 208 per serving
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED ORANGE SLICES | TASTE OF HOME
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
EASY TO MAKE HOMEMADE ORANGE AND LEMON MARMALADE - SIMPLE ...
Category JamEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
SUPER LEMONY OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.8/5 (66)Servings 10-12
LEMONY ORANGE SLICES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PALEO ...
LEMONY ORANGE SLICES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
10 BEST LEMON ORANGE VODKA COCKTAIL RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE LEMON INFUSED WATER - INFUSED WATERS
LEMON MERINGUE PIE SLICE - 11+ COOKING DIRECTIONS - ORANGE ...
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #easy #low-fat #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #citrus #lemon #oranges #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What can I do with dry orange and lemon slices?Dry orange and lemon slices to use as decorations at Christmas time. They make lovely tree, table or wreath decorations, or pop in a jar as a gift Dry orange and lemon slices to use as decorations at Christmas time. They make lovely tree, table or wreath decorations, or pop in a jar as a gift
How to cook orange slices on the stove?Drop the slices in one at a time to make sure they don’t stick together. Continue to cook the oranges over medium heat until they’re translucent, about 20 minutes, turning them from time to time. Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the slices are tender but still intact.
What can I substitute for orange slices in a cake recipe?We use orange slices in this recipe because they’re our favorite size for cake decorating. Feel free to substitute any sweet citrus fruit that’s in season, like blood oranges or tangerines. You can also use this recipe to make candied limes, lemons, and grapefruit.
Can you make infused water from orange slices?You’ll love it, especially if you are seeking an intensely flavored infused water to replace soft drinks or commercial fruit juice. Recipe for a 32 oz Ball jar: 3 orange slices and 2 lemon slices. Squeeze the juice of any end pieces into the mix.