TAHINI TUNA SALAD
Garlicky tahini brings our favorite healthy convenience food -- canned tuna -- to the next level in this easy salad.
Provided by Silvana Nardone
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic and 1/4 cup water; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the tuna and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a tomato slice on a plate, top with some tuna, another tomato slice and more tuna; sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.7, Fat 13.2 grams, SaturatedFat 2.3 grams, Cholesterol 29.1 milligrams, Sodium 235 milligrams, Carbohydrate 9.4 grams, Fiber 2.9 grams, Protein 20.5 grams, Sugar 0.5 grams
LEBANESE TUNA TAHINI SALAD
I've recently discovered tahini and absolutely love it! In this healther adaptation of tuna salad, tahini replaces mayonnaise as the emulsifier and adds unique flavor along with the Middle Eastern spices. I like to add apples to my tuna salad for a contrasting sweet, tart flavor.
Provided by Stephanie Z.
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a food processor blend together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and spices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl toss the tuna, onion, celery, and apples lightly with the dressing to coat.
- Serve in a whole wheat pita with tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.7, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 40.9, Sodium 543.6, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 2.1, Protein 25.2
TUNA NIçOISE SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450˚. Toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread out on the hot pan and roast until tender and browned on the bottom, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Carefully add the eggs to the pot of water; adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the yolks are jammy, 7 minutes. Drain the eggs and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and cut each into 4 wedges.
- While the eggs are cooking, make the dressing: Whisk the tahini, 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Thin with more water, if necessary.
- Toss the lettuce in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates. Top with the tuna, roasted carrots, green beans, radishes, olives and eggs. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and sprinkle with za'atar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 29 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Cholesterol 118 milligrams, Sodium 857 milligrams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 6 grams
LEBANESE-STYLE TUNA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- Make the dressing:
- In a blender blend together the tahini, the lemon juice, the garlic paste, and the cayenne, with the motor running add the oil in a stream, blending until the dressing is emulsified, and season the dressing with salt.
- Make the tuna salad:
- In a bowl toss the tuna lightly with half the dressing and mound the mixture on a large platter. In a large heavy skillet cook the onions in the oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes, or until they are golden brown, and season them with salt and pepper. With a fork scatter the onions over the tuna. In the skillet cook the pine nuts over moderately low heat, stirring, until they are golden and scatter them over the onions. Drizzle the salad with the remaining dressing and sprinkle it with the chopped parsley. Garnish the salad with the parsley sprigs and serve it with the pita pockets.
GARBANZO BEAN, TUNA AND ONION SALAD WITH CREAMY LEMON DRESSING
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon peel in small bowl to blend.
- Toss tuna with lemon juice in large bowl. Add garbanzo beans, onion, celery, tomatoes, parsley and yogurt dressing to bowl. Toss to blend. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
This is from my Simple Foods for the Pack cookbook. This would be good tossed with tuna, peas and pasta.
Provided by dicentra
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Carry in an airtight plastic bottle.
- Shake before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.1, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 3.6, Sodium 514.5, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.9, Protein 3.8
ZA'ATAR CHICKEN SALAD WITH LEMON-TAHINI DRESSING
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, za'atar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a gallon-sized plastic zip-top bag. Add chicken tenders and refrigerate, turning occasionally, 30 minutes to 12 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken tenders on the grate, reduce heat to medium, and cover. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a tender registers 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest. Prepare the salad in the meantime; place romaine pieces in a large bowl and add tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot.
- Combine lemon zest and juice, tahini, water, garlic, and date in the bowl of a mini food processor or a blender. Pulse several times, adding water by tablespoons if necessary, until desired consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing into the salad bowl and toss.
- Divide salad between plates. Slice each chicken tender crosswise into 1/4-inch slices and place over the salads. Garnish with chives and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 64.6 mg, Fat 33.9 g, Fiber 14.3 g, Protein 34.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 1177.3 mg, Sugar 9.4 g
More about "lemony tuna salad with tahini dressing recipes"
MEDITERRANEAN TUNA CHICKPEA SALAD WITH LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
Servings 6Calories 190 per servingTotal Time 10 mins
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and toss with the salad. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated. Makes 6 cups.
LEMON TAHINI TUNA SALAD RECIPE – STEPH GAUDREAU
Reviews 28Category SaladCuisine Fish, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30Total Time 10 mins
- In a medium bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Whisk until well combined. The dressing will be on the thicker side. If it’s really too thick, like a paste, whisk in a bit of water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it thins a bit.
- Add the tuna to the dressing and mix gently until it’s well coated. If needed, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
TUNA SALAD WITH LEMON AïOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
30+ 500-CALORIE DINNER SALAD RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
TAHINI TUNA SALAD – REAL FOOD COACHING
QUICK LEMON TAHINI SALAD DRESSING - GLOW BY MARLOWE
BEST TUNA SALAD - A SOUTHERN SOUL
SIMPLE LEMONY TUNA SALAD PACKABLE LUNCH - EATING BIRD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CREAMY LEMON TAHINI SALAD DRESSING
LEMON-TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BEST LEMON TAHINI DRESSING (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS …
CLASSIC LEMON TAHINI SALAD DRESSING - (OIL-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE)
LEBANESE SALAD WITH LEMONY TAHINI DRESSING AND ZA’ATAR PITA CHIPS
HOW TO COOK SALAD WITH SPINACH, TUNA AND TAHINI DRESSING - RECIPE
8 TAHINI SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LEBANESE-STYLE TUNA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING - BIGOVEN
SAUTEED TUNA SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
MEDITERRANEAN TUNA SALAD (NO MAYO) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
LEMON TAHINI VINAIGRETTE FOR CHOPPED SALADS | MARTHA'S VINEYARD …
MIDDLE-EASTERN TUNA SALAD WITH TAHINI RECIPE | CHEF SHOP
LEMON AND HERB TUNA SALAD - SOMETHING NUTRITIOUS
LEMON DILL TAHINI DRESSING - VEGAN - DAIRY FREE - BUDGET BYTES
BEST TUNA SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
PASTA SALAD WITH LEMON - THE CLEVER MEAL
TUNA PASTA SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE - COOKIN CANUCK
TUNASALAD1 - SUGAR-FREE MOM
CREAMY TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
LEMON TAHINI SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
TAHINI VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING - LIVE SIMPLY
MEDITERRANEAN SALAD WITH TUNA & LEMON DRESSING - COOK AT …
LEMON TAHINI SALAD DRESSING - ASWEETLIFE
LEBANESE STYLE TUNA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE
TUNA SALAD RECIPE + OLIVE OIL DRESSING - TWO PURPLE FIGS
10 BEST TUNA SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
TAHINI + HEMP SEED TUNA SALAD ON CRISPY TOAST - RACHLMANSFIELD
LEMONY TUNA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #salads #seafood #easy #fish #tuna #saltwater-fish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make tuna salad with tahini?Arrange the veggies on a plate. In a medium bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic powder. Whisk until well combined. The dressing will be on the thicker side. If it’s really too thick, like a paste, whisk in a bit of water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until it thins a bit. Add the tuna to the dressing and mix gently until it’s well coated.
How do you make creamy tahini salad dressing?In a liquid measuring cup or jar, combine the olive oil, tahini, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and several twists of black pepper. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Add the cold water, and whisk again. The dressing should become remarkably creamy.
Which is the best lemon tahini dressing to buy?BEST Lemon Tahini Dressing (easy recipe!) - The Endless Meal® This lemon tahini dressing is easy to make and so delicious. It's creamy with a tangy lemon flavor and goes so well with all your favorite salads. Creamy salad dressings win our hearts. Especially when they are dairy-free creamy salad dressings.
How do you make tuna salad with mayonnaise?Add tuna, mayonnaise, celery, red onion, capers, lemon juice garlic, parsley and dijon mustard to a mixing bowl. Toss ingredients together, while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.