LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter or oil.
- Add the onions and chilies and cook until the onions begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cayenne and cumin and continue to saute until the onions are tender, a few minutes longer. Add the lentils, tomatoes and tomato puree and water just to cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the squash and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Add the greens during the last five minutes of cooking. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 238, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 194 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
LENTIL & CHICKEN TAGINE
This recipe is good even without the chicken. I use my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. If you are using a regular pot the time should be doubled.
Provided by FDADELKARIM
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker or regular pot.
- Cook for 8 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to hiss. Release the pressure, open the lid & stir. Add more water if needed then cover. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Note: When using a regular pot the cook time should be around 25 minutes.
- In Morocco, this tagine is served with thick bread to scoop up the lentils & chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 644.1, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 193.9, Sodium 1469.7, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 21.3, Sugar 5.6, Protein 82.4
Rich and spicy and healthy and vegetarian and, despite the long list, really easy! Great over couscous and with Chermoulah on the side.
Provided by Chef Kate
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat a 6 quart Sauce Pot over medium high heat.
- Add in olive oil and coat the pan.
- Add in onions and spices.
- Sweat onions until translucent.
- Add in garlic, ginger and lentils and stir to coat with mixture.
- Add in cold vegetable stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, peppers, and dates.
- Stir into mix and allow to cook for another 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- If tagine gets too thick, adjust consistency with vegetable stock or cold water.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley (or coriander) and preserved lemon for service.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472.4, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 51.3, Carbohydrate 84.1, Fiber 14.9, Sugar 17.2, Protein 23.5
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PUMPKIN
I first discovered tagines-Moroccan stews-when my oldest son was a baby, and I've loved them ever since. The first version I made was in a slow cooker, and since I'm a mom with two active boys, that has stayed my preferred method. The pumpkin mixture is supposed to be thick, but if you like a thinner consistency, stir in chicken broth before serving. -Necia Blundy, Bothell, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 14 ingredients. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Stir into slow cooker., Cook, covered, on low until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 5-6 hours. Serve with couscous; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 668mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 10g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
MOROCCAN-STYLE PUMPKIN (WITH LENTILS)
The pumpkin - or those squashes whose non-English names translate as "pumpkin" - is a staple the world over, turned into substantial dishes celebrated for their sweetness and density. So-called sugar pumpkins, which are smaller and more flavorful than anything you might carve, are the best for cooking and available even in supermarkets. But you can tackle the big boys too. This recipe uses cubes of pumpkin flesh. Admittedly, getting at the good stuff is the tricky part. And of course you can use any orange-fleshed squash in any pumpkin recipe. But given the season, let's assume you're working with a pumpkin. Start just as if you were carving a jack-o'-lantern: cut a circle around the stem, then pull up on the stem and discard it. Using the cavity as a handle, peel the pumpkin with a sturdy vegetable peeler. Yes, it will take a while. Then cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds with an ice cream scoop or heavy spoon. You can discard the seeds or roast them. (More on that in a moment.) Cut or scrape off any excess string and cut the pumpkin into approximately 1-inch cubes. (A 4-pound pumpkin will yield about 8 cups of cubes.)
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a heavy pot with a lid, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat. When hot, add the lamb; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until browned on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes total, stirring as needed. Remove the pieces of lamb to a plate and reduce the heat to medium.
- If the pan is dry, add more oil. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and cumin; cook until pumpkin begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, wine, stock and tomatoes, and return lamb to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook for at least 45 minutes on medium-low, partly covered. Stir occasionally; add more stock if needed.
- Add lentils, and bring the mixture back to a boil. Adjust heat a simmer. Continue to cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender and the liquid is thick, about 30 minutes. (If at any point it threatens to become too thick, add a bit of stock or water.) Taste, and adjust the seasoning. Remove the bay leaves, and garnish with cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 392, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 760 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN AND LENTIL TAGINE
- Put the oil in a deep skillet or flameproof casserole, preferably nonstick, with a lid. Place over medium-high heat and wait a minute or so, until the oil is hot. Add the chicken, skin side down, and brown it well, rotating and turning the pieces as necessary, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, onions, tomatoes, turmeric, and some salt and pepper. Pour in 1 quart water, along with the cilantro bundle and cinnamon sticks. Cover, turn the heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the lentils, cover, and simmer until they're soft, about 25 minutes more. Discard the cilantro bundle and cinnamon sticks, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. (You can prepare the dish up to this point and let sit for a few hours or cover and refrigerate for up to a day before reheating and serving; you may have to add a little water to thin the sauce a bit.)
- Chicken and Chickpea Tagine
- In step 3, substitute 1 cup cooked (page 431) or nearly cooked chickpeas for the lentils.
More about "lentil and pumpkin tagine recipes"
SPICY PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE | SANITARIUM HEALTH FOOD …
3.2/5 (24)Calories 185 per serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over low heat until softened. Add the garlic, cook for a few seconds, then stir in the ground spices. Cook for 30 seconds, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, half the parsley and coriander.
- Add the lentils and chopped pumpkin, stir well, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
SPICED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE - FOOD24
Cuisine BoilCategory BoilServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE - NATURAL COOKERY SCHOOL
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
VEGETARIAN TAGINE RECIPES
SPICED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE | TAGINE RECIPES, SPICED LENTILS, …
ANTI-CANDIDA, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN LENTIL-ALMOND TAGINE …
SPICED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE | TAGINE RECIPES, SPICED LENTILS ...
VEGAN PUMPKIN PASTA – GET SET VEGAN
LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE STUFFED PEPPERS [VEGAN]
SPICY PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE | RECIPE | LENTILS, TAGINE, …
10 TASTY VEGETABLE TAGINE RECIPES TO MAKE TONIGHT!
LAMB AND LENTIL TAGINE ON PUMPKIN AND SWEET POTATO MASH
MOROCCAN TAGINE OF LENTILS AND PUMPKIN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MOROCCAN TAGINE OF LENTILS & PUMPKIN | MORROCAN FOOD
LENTIL AND VEGETABLE TAGINE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
MY FAVOURITE VEGETARIAN RECIPES: SPICY PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE
SPICED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SQUASH, LENTIL AND TOFU TAGINE - VEGGIE FOODIE LOVE
LENTIL AND PUMPKIN TAGINE STUFFED PEPPERS [VEGAN] | TAGINE …
EASY MOROCCAN VEGETABLE TAGINE RECIPE | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MOROCCON TAGINE OF LENTILS & PUMPKIN - BIGOVEN
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN AND YELLOW LENTIL TAGINE | EVERTEN BLOG
17 MOROCCAN TAGINE RECIPES (CHICKEN, BEEF, AND MORE)
VEGETARIAN PUMPKIN TAGINE RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN TAGINE RECIPE | LIVE BETTER
SPICED ROAST PUMPKIN, CHORIZO & LENTIL TAGINE - THE HEALTHY …
EASY VEGAN PUMPKIN LENTIL CURRY - MARISA MOORE NUTRITION
RED LENTIL PUMPKIN DAL - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
10 TASTY VEGETABLE TAGINE RECIPES TO MAKE TONIGHT!
CURRIED LENTIL & PUMPKIN PATTIES - HEALTHYEATINGJO
MOROCCAN PUMPKIN, SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA TAGINE
PUMPKIN AND CHICKPEA TAGINE RECIPE | VEGETARIAN DINNER IDEAS
SPICY PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE | RECIPE | NUTRITIOUS MEALS, …
SPICED PUMPKIN AND LENTIL TAGINE - LOW SIZERGH BARN
SQUASH LENTIL AND TOFU TAGINE | VEGGIE FOODIE LOVE
LENTIL TAGINE RECIPES
You'll also love