LENTIL SALAD WITH DRIED LIME
- Combine lentils, 3 cups water, and lime in a medium saucepan and bring to a rapid boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until lentils are tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes.
- Drain lentils, discard lime, and set lentils aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine onion, tomatoes and parsley in a medium bowl, add cooled lentils, and mix well. Whisk together oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir into lentil mixture. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 384, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 384 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
LEMONY LENTIL SALAD
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook lentils until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water to stop further cooking, and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, mustard, and tarragon. Add drained lentils, bell peppers, and scallions; season well with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 18 g, Protein 20 g
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD
- In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain lentils and vegetables and remove bay leaf. Add olive oil, lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 452.8 mg, Sugar 3 g
LENTIL SALAD WITH TOMATO AND DILL
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan with lentils, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until lentils are just tender, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain in a large sieve, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss hot lentils with tomatoes, scallions, dill, basil, vinegar, oil, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
LENTIL AND RICE SALAD
- Bring water, 1 tablespoon oil, and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, then stir in rice. Return to a boil and cover pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer rice until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- While rice is simmering, cook lentils in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
- Spread rice and lentils in a shallow baking pan and cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss gently with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste.
More about "lentil salad with dried lime recipes"
THE BEST LENTIL SALAD RECIPE! - GIMME SOME OVEN
5/5 (26)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- Combine the lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups of water (or veggie broth) and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat until the broth reaches a simmer. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and maintain the simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes depending on the type of lentils used. Use a strainer to drain and rinse the lentils in cold water for 1 minute until they are chilled, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the lentils are cooking, combine all of the lemon dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Add the cooked and chilled lentils, cucumber, red onion, mint and sun-dried tomatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle evenly with the lemon dressing and toss until evenly combined.
LENTIL SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LENTIL SALADS: 17 EASY RECIPES YOU SHOULD BOOKMARK - YURI ELKAIM
CHEF IRIE'S LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - TASTE THE ISLANDS
MANGO LENTIL SALAD WITH CILANTRO-LIME DRESSING | VEGKITCHEN
LENTIL SALAD WITH ARUGULA AND FETA - FOOD RECIPES
LENTIL SALAD RECIPE (GLUTEN FREE SALAD) - FUN FOOD FROLIC
CARROT LENTIL CILANTRO SALAD WITH LIME RECIPE (RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER)
MEXICAN LENTIL SALAD WITH LIME VINAIGRETTE - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
RECIPE: LENTIL SALAD WITH DRIED LIME – EAST BAY TIMES
LENTIL SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING - BLYTHES BLOG
OLIVE AND DRIED TOMATO LENTIL SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD - RECIPE RUNNER
LENTIL SALAD WITH CUCUMBER - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
MOROCCAN LENTIL SALAD - FEASTING AT HOME
LENTIL SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND BASIL
SEXY LENTIL SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE: LENTIL SALAD WITH DRIED LIME – THE MERCURY NEWS
HOW TO MAKE THIS LENTIL SALAD WITH CILANTRO AND LIME
TANGY LENTIL SALAD WITH DILL & PEPPERONCINI - COOKIE AND KATE
LENTIL SALAD - SKINNYTASTE
LENTIL SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
LENTIL SALAD - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
LENTIL SALAD WITH LIME DRESSING - REDDIT
CURRIED LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
RED LENTIL SALAD WITH DRIED FRUIT & TOASTED PINE NUTS RECIPE
GREEK LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
LENTIL SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MY FAVORITE LENTIL SALAD – SMITTEN KITCHEN
FRENCH LENTIL SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SWEET POTATO AND LENTIL SALAD IN A LIME VINAIGRETTE | CBC LIFE
COLD LENTIL SALAD WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - VEGGIES SAVE THE DAY
EASY LENTIL SALAD - SLENDER KITCHEN
RED LENTIL SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LENTIL SALAD WITH DRIED LIME FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
LENTIL GREEK SALAD WITH DILL SAUCE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
BLACK BEAN LENTIL SALAD WITH CUMIN-LIME DRESSING
10 BEST LENTIL SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
LENTIL SALAD (PERFECT FOR MAKE-AHEAD MEALS!) - DETOXINISTA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lentils for lentils salad?Place them In a medium sized saucepan with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender, but not mushy. Drain the lentils of any excess water and add them to a serving bowl, letting them cool while you prepare the remainder of the salad.
What are the ingredients in a lentil salad?Lentil Salad Ingredients: 1 1 cup uncooked lentils (either green, French green or brown lentils), rinsed and picked over 2 1 English cucumber, finely diced 3 1 small red onion, finely diced 4 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed 5 1/2 cup diced and drained sun-dried tomatoes More ...
How do you cook lentils in boiling water?Add lentils to a medium saucepan with 4 cup of cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
How to cook lentils with pomegranate seeds?Add pomegranate seeds (arils) when in season, or leave them out. Keep it vegan or add a sprinkle of creamy feta. Cook the lentils. In a saucepan, combine lentils with 3 cups of water and pinch of kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, and lower heat to medium-low.