STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
"IN OUR area of Pennsylvania, cabbage rolls are frequently served at special occasions of all kinds. These versatile roll-ups can be stuffed with pork or other kinds of fillings. Though we've tried some of the others, my family always goes back to the ground beef-it just tastes best to us."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook cabbage in boiling water only until leaves fall off head. Reserve 14-16 large leaves for rolls and set aside remaining cabbage. , In a bowl, combine rice, beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup soup. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons meat mixture on each cabbage leaf. Fold in sides, then roll up leaves to completely enclose meat., Line a Dutch oven with leftover cabbage leaves. Combine remaining soup and water; pour over cabbage. Stack cabbage rolls on top of sauce. Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer on low for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until rolls are tender. , Remove rolls and cabbage. If desired, sauce may be thickened by boiling over high heat. Spoon sauce over rolls and cabbage and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 755mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 65.8 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 656.9 mg, Sugar 3 g
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE BY TASTY
These flavorful low-carb beef and cabbage rolls are made with tender boiled cabbage leaves stuffed with beef and rice cooked in a homemade tomato sauce. They're easy to make, filling, and the perfect comfort food. Serve them with sour cream and cilantro, or eat them all by themselves for the perfect weeknight dinner.
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering, then cook the garlic until fragrant, for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomato, paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, rice, and 1 cup (260 G) of tomato sauce. Mix until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cabbage, cut side down. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes.
- Transfer the cabbage to a cutting board, cut side up, and let cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Peel off a layer of the cabbage. With the stem facing upwards, use a paring knife to trim the thicker stem, which will make the leaf easier to roll. With the stem side pointed towards you, place a few tablespoons of filling at the base of the leaf.
- Roll upwards so the filling is covered by a single layer of the cabbage. Fold both sides in, then roll all the way up.
- Place the cabbage roll seam side down in a 9x13-inch (23x33 -cm) baking dish and repeat with the remaining filling.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 27 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 38 grams, Sugar 18 grams
LIGHT AND LUSCIOUS STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
- Immerse 4 cabbage leaves at a time into boiling water for 3 minutes or until limp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In large skillet cook meat, onions, and garlic until meat is browned.
- Drain and stir in water, undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon oregano, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Place 1/3 cup meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf and fold in sides.
- Roll up starting at an unfolded edge and make sure folded sides are included in roll.
- In a small bowl mix tomato sauce, sugar, basil, and salt.
- Pour half of it on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place rolls in dish and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Bake covered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.7, Fat 9.4, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 55.7, Sodium 877.2, Carbohydrate 36.1, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 10.3, Protein 21.6
VALERIE'S STUFFED CABBAGE
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the cauliflower rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower rice has started to soften, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and let cool to room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Use a paring knife to remove the core from the cabbage. Place the cabbage in the boiling water. Use a rubber spatula to slide under the outer leaf of cabbage and carefully separate it from the head. Use tongs to remove the cabbage leaf to the lined baking sheet. Continue removing leaves in this manner until you have 12. Turn the heat off and reserve the remainder of the cabbage for another use. Set aside the cabbage leaves to cool slightly.
- Add the ground turkey, cauliflower rice, tomatoes, basil, Italian seasoning, egg, onions and 2 tablespoons parsley to a large bowl. Grate 2 cloves of garlic directly into the bowl and sprinkle the mixture with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Use clean hands to mix the ingredients together until they are well combined. Set aside the mixture.
- Add the tomato purée, onion powder, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water to a 4-cup measuring cup. Grate the remaining 2 cloves of garlic directly into the measuring cup. Use a fork to whisk the mixture until it is well combined. Pour half of the mixture into the base of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Set aside the baking dish and reserved sauce.
- Place one blanched cabbage leaf on a clean work surface. Use a paring knife to cut a V-shaped notch at the base of the cabbage leaf to remove the thick rib. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture in the top third of the cabbage leaf. Roll the top of the cabbage leaf over the meat mixture, then fold the sides in, and continue rolling in a continuous motion to create a roll. Place the roll, seam-side down, in the prepared baking dish. Continue the process with the remaining 11 cabbage leaves.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the cabbage rolls. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and transfer to the oven to bake until the meat is cooked through, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with the remaining tablespoon chopped fresh parsley. Serve with the extra sauce spooned over the cabbage rolls.
TRADITIONAL GREEK STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS (LAHANODOLMADES)
A delicious Greek dish of stuffed cabbage rolls with a flavorful rice filling, topped with the classic avgolemono sauce
Provided by Marilena Leavitt
Categories Main Dish
Number Of Ingredients 26
- Prepare the rice mixture: Mix together the rice, ground beef, onion, spring onions, carrot, olive oil, parsley, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and stir in a teaspoon of salt.
- Remove the entire core of the cabbage using a sharp pairing knife. Immerse the cabbage in the boiling water, cored side down. The water should be almost to the top of the cabbage. Continue cooking over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, or, until the leaves can be easily separated (Note: If you use Savoy cabbage the cooking time is much shorter, at just under 5 minutes). Using tongs, carefully remove each leaf from the pot, as soon as they become soft and flexible, and place them on a drainer to cool. Set aside and reserve any hard, torn, or very small leaves to line the bottom of your pot later.
- To assemble the cabbage rolls: place a cabbage leaf on a work surface. Place a tablespoon of the filling (the size of a walnut) near the bottom of the leaf. If necessary, cut into the leaf's stem (in a V shape) to remove the hard and thick spine. This will make them easier to roll. Fold the bottom end up and over the filling, then fold the two side ends of the cabbage leaf towards the center. Roll the leaf up to enclose the mixture, making sure not to roll it too tight because the rice filling will expand while it cooks. For the leaves that are a bit too small, you can overlap two of them to form a larger leaf before filling, or, you can also patch up any tears the leaves might have. For the leaves that are too large, cut them in half along the hard stem.
- To layer the cabbage rolls: line the bottom of the pot with those reserved leaves that were too hard or too small to fill. This will protect the stuffed cabbage rolls from over browning. Arrange the rolls seam side down in the pot. Make sure they are placed snuggly against each other so they do not move during cooking. Repeat with a second layer of rolls. Top with more of the leftover harder cabbage leaves, if you have them.
- To cook: Pour the stock and water over them, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover the top of the stuffed cabbage rolls with an inverted, heatproof, shallow plate or bowl. The plate should be large enough that it covers the rolls, but small enough to not touch the sides of the pot. This will keep the rolls in place while cooking and will ensure that they cook properly. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and simmer for about 45-50 minutes. Check to make sure the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and uncover the pot.
- Make the avgolemono sauce: Whisk the eggs very well until frothy; for best results, use a hand-held mixer. Add the lemon juice and the cornstarch and whisk again. Start "tempering" the eggs by adding a ladle of hot liquid from the pot to the bowl while whisking constantly. Add one more ladle and whisk again until combined. Stir in the egg-lemon broth into the pot, shaking the pan to distribute evenly. Bring to a very gentle simmer over medium-low heat for just a minute or so, making sure it does not come to a boil. Remove from the heat. Taste and adjust the broth for seasoning.
- To serve: arrange the rolls on individual serving plates and then top them with the frothy hot sauce (do not drown them). Garnish with lemon slices, fresh dill and some freshly ground pepper.
BEST STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Tender leaves of cabbage are wrapped around a hearty sirloin and rice filling and topped with a homemade tomato sauce in this family-friendly recipe for stuffed cabbage leaves. The hint of allspice and slight tang from vinegar create a perfect balance in this dish. They remind me of eating at a Lebanese food festival, although not quite as spicy. Serve with Greek salad or tabouli salad and warm pita for the perfect bite!
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in 4 teaspoons salt. Remove loose, outer leaves from the cabbage and place in the boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Remove core from the cabbage and carefully place the head in the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, removing the outer leaves one at a time as they loosen every minute. Set aside 12 large leaves and reserve inner portion of the cabbage for another use.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Set aside 2 tablespoons minced onion for cabbage rolls; add remaining onion to the hot oil. Cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, water, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare cabbage rolls: Mix sirloin, rice, garlic, reserved minced onion, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, remaining pepper, and allspice together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place a softened cabbage leaf on a cutting board and remove the bottom, tough portion of the stem. Place about 3 tablespoons meat filling into the center of the leaf. Fold the sides inward and roll the leaf up tightly, like a burrito or spring roll. Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Pour 1 cup tomato sauce mixture in a bottom of a 9x13-inch or 11x7-inch baking dish. Place cabbage rolls, seam-side down, in the baking dish and pour remaining sauce on top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Lightly squeeze a wedge of lemon over each serving and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.1 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 52 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 8.2 g, Protein 22.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 2457 mg, Sugar 11.5 g
More about "light and luscious stuffed cabbage rolls recipes"
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND …
LAZY CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
EASY STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
EASY BAKED STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS | I HEART RECIPES
19 INTERNATIONAL STUFFED CABBAGE ROLL RECIPES - THE …
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - DAMN FINE DISHES
BAKED STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS – GOLUBTSI (Голубцы)
DUMP-AND-BAKE STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED …
SCRUMPTIOUS STUFFED CABBAGE ROLL SOUP (PLUS VIDEO)
TROPICAL STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
TRADITIONAL STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE
RECIPE LIGHT AND LUSCIOUS STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - YOUTUBE
LIGHT AND LUSCIOUS STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - CHAMPSDIET.COM
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - LITHUANIAN CUISINE | SOMEBODY FEED SEB
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - FORECIPES
CLASSIC STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - THE COUNTRY COOK
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
JAPANESE STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS ロールキャベツ • JUST ONE …
STUFFED BEEF CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - ITALIAN KITCHEN CONFESSIONS
EASY STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - SIMPLY HOME COOKED
LAZY STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS IN THE OVEN - BOSSKITCHEN
LIGHT AND LUSCIOUS STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEST STUFFED CABBAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE STUFFED CABBAGE …
BOOST YOUR LUCK WITH THESE KETO STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
THE WORLD'S BEST STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S …
MOM'S STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE - THE CLASSY CHICS
TRADITIONAL STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - THE FRUGAL CHEF
CLASSIC CABBAGE ROLLS RECIPE (TASTY FAMILY FAVORITE DINNER!)
STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES - DELICIOUS SAVORY RECIPE (VIDEO) | TORI AVEY
MOM’S CLASSIC STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS - THE KITCHEN WHISPERER
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS (VIDEO RECIPE) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #vegetables #oven #dietary #inexpensive #ground-beef #meat #equipment
You'll also love