MAC 'N CHEESE WITH BACON AND CHEESE
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk with the thyme sprigs and 2 garlic cloves. Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, to keep lumps from forming. Strain the solids out of the milk and whisk it into the butter and flour mixture. Continue to whisk vigorously, and cook until the mixture is nice and smooth. Stir in the 4 cups of the cheese and continue to cook and stir to melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked macaroni and the parsley and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture. Scrape into a 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- While that bakes, heat a saute pan. Add the bacon, render the fat and cook until crispy. Add onion, garlic and thyme leaves and cook for about 5 minutes to soften the onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, scatter the bacon mixture over the mac and cheese. Use a big spoon to scoop out servings, making sure you get some of the smoking bacon mixture on each spoonful.
MUSHROOM MAC AND CHEESE
- For the topping: Mix the panko, Parmesan, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the pasta: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta for 10 minutes (it should still be firm as it will continue to cook in the sauce). Drain and set aside, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta-cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, mushrooms, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown. Remove the cooked mushrooms to a plate and drizzle with the truffle oil.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Reduce the heat to medium under the Dutch oven. Add the butter and flour and mix with a wooden spoon to form a paste. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Bring this mixture to a simmer, whisking occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the gruyere, fontina and Parmesan and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, cooked mushroom mixture, 3/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper to the cheese sauce and fold everything together. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and drizzle with the olive oil and truffle oil. Broil until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the sauce is bubbling, about 8 minutes.
- Allow the mac and cheese to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot.
CREAMY MUSHROOM MACARONI
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, milk, mushroom soup and processed cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in cooked pasta. Pour into 2 quart baking dish and bake 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 734.7 calories, Carbohydrate 81.5 g, Cholesterol 65.5 mg, Fat 30.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 32.4 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 1295.8 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON
Out of all the baked pasta dishes I make my family likes this one the best. It's also very filling, and fairly inexpensive to make.
Provided by Saj1337
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook macaroni according to box directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and add milk stirring constantly until thick. (About 10 minutes).
- Add hot sauce. Stir until mixed in evenly.
- Add pasta, bacon and cheese. Mix until cheese melts, bacon is mixed in, and pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9x13 baking dish and top according to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (If using parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs take it out when the top looks lightly browned. If using cheddar cheese topping take out when top becomes darkened, but not burnt.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 921.1, Fat 61.3, SaturatedFat 30.7, Cholesterol 145.8, Sodium 1021, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.9, Protein 33.5
MACARONI CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS
A lighter dish than the original, simple to make and very cheap, perfect for students.
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Pasta, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Fill a large sauté pan with boiling water. Tip in the macaroni and cook according to the pack instructions. (It may take slightly longer than suggested). Meanwhile, trim, wash and slice the leeks, quarter the mushrooms and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta and keep warm. Heat the oil in the pan. Add the leeks and mushrooms and fry for 4-6 mins until the leeks are tender. Toss in the tomatoes at the last minute. Season with salt if you want to and black pepper. Stir in the macaroni and let it warm through, then crumble the cheese over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 85 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, whisking constantly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese and parsley; stir until cheese melts. Mix in pasta.
- Sauté bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Mix half of bacon into pasta and transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over pasta. Bake until pasta is heated through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND BACON
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes (noodles will still be slightly hard). Drain noodles and transfer to a large bowl with 1/4 cup of butter and toss to coat. Whisk together the sour cream, egg, and cream cheese; add to the pasta and mix well. Stir in 3 cups of grated Asiago and 3 cups of grated Cheddar cheese, reserving the remaining 2 cups of cheese for the topping.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate and chop into small pieces.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir 2 tablespoons butter, the onion, and garlic into the bacon drippings in the pan and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions are very soft and golden brown. Mix the cooked bacon, parsley, and panko breadcrumbs into the onions, transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Stir in the ground mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Remove sauce from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the macaroni mixture, stirring well. Transfer to a greased 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of Cheddar cheese. Top cheese with the onion breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, hot and golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 941.8 calories, Carbohydrate 56.6 g, Cholesterol 197 mg, Fat 59.5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 45.6 g, SaturatedFat 36.3 g, Sodium 1475.4 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
MACARONI, BACON AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
Use old cheddar for this casserole and add in some frozen peas too, you can add in whatever you like! You can sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese in place of the breading if desired.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni pasta in boiling salted water until firm-tender, about 5 minutes (do not overcook the macaroni) drain, but do not rinse; transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a heavy medium saucepan, add in the chopped onions, garlic, chopped mushrooms, green bell pepper and dry mustard powder; sauté until veggies are tender and the mushrooms lose their moisture (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in flour; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add in the half and half cream; whisking until slightly thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and cooked bacon; stir to combine, then season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add in the shredded cheddar cheese; stir until completely melted.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni in the bowl along with the mushroom soup; mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer and spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake until heated through and golden brown on top (about 20-25 minutes).
More about "macaroni and cheese with mushrooms and bacon recipes"
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON …
Servings 8Calories 608 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS, BACON AND SHALLOTS
MACARONI AND CHEESE - WIKIPEDIA
BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE WITH BACON, MUSHROOMS AND CHICKEN
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES
BACON MUSHROOM MAC AND CHEESE | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION …
BACON MUSHROOM MACARONI AND CHEESE » SAMANTHA SEELEY
Reviews 4Category Main DishServings 8Total Time 30 mins
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPE …
BACON MACARONI CHEESE - I AM BAKER
MUSHROOM MACARONI AND CHEESE - FOOD24
MACARONI CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS - WAITROSE
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPE | YUMMLY
BACON MUSHROOM MAC AND CHEESE - FAKE GINGER
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH BACON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BACON AND MUSHROOM MAC N' CHEESE CANOLA HARVEST
BACON TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - BLESS HER HEART Y'ALL
MUSHROOM MACARONI AND CHEESE - GIRL GONE GOURMET
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
PARMESAN BACON MUSHROOM FETTUCCINE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND …
BACON MUSHROOM MAC AND CHEESE | AMERICAN HEART …
MAC & CHEESE WITH BACON RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEST SMACKARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPE - NEW …
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON RECIPE - NEW …
BACON MAC AND CHEESE - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BACON AND MUSHROOM MAC & CHEESE | CLUB HOUSE CA
MAC AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BACON | SOUTHERN LIVING
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON | RECIPE IN 2021 ...
MAC AND CHEESE BITES WITH BACON AND MUSHROOMS
MUSHROOM MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BACON MUSHROOM SWISS MACARONI AND CHEESE - OF THE HEARTH
MUSHROOM MACARONI AND CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND BACON - AMERICAN …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Mac and cheese with bacon and mushrooms?The recipe starts with bacon. First, you cook it until its crispy and has rendered its fat. I like to take it from the pan, leaving the fat behind, and finely chop it. Once the macaroni and cheese is ready to go in the oven it makes a wonderful crispy topping. The mushrooms cook in the bacon fat and so the whole dish takes on subtle bacon flavor.
What is the best way to cook macaroni and cheese?Heat the oil in the pan. Add the leeks and mushrooms and fry for 4-6 mins until the leeks are tender. Toss in the tomatoes at the last minute. Season with salt if you want to and black pepper. Stir in the macaroni and let it warm through, then crumble the cheese over.
How do you cook macaroni with leeks and mushrooms?Tip in the macaroni and cook according to the pack instructions. (It may take slightly longer than suggested). Meanwhile, trim, wash and slice the leeks, quarter the mushrooms and roughly chop the tomatoes. Drain the pasta and keep warm. Heat the oil in the pan. Add the leeks and mushrooms and fry for 4-6 mins until the leeks are tender.
What is in mushroom macaroni and cheese?There’s nothing more comforting than macaroni and cheese – this version has meaty mushrooms, bacon, and cavatappi pasta all baked up in a creamy gruyere cheese sauce, so if you’re in need of some indulgent comfort food add this mushroom macaroni and cheese to your must-make list.