MOMMA LEGS AMBROSIA
This is a great summer or special occasion fruit salad. I don't like the marshmallows or cream in fruit salad so this one rocks for me and reminds me of my momma. Sprinkle a little sugar on top if desired.
Provided by Michelle English
Categories Salad Fruit Salad Recipes Orange Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Toss oranges, apple, crushed pineapple, coconut, and cherries together in a bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.4 g, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 9.9 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 14.2 mg, Sugar 44.8 g
This is a quick and easy fruit salad that you and your guests will love.
Provided by SHANDEL LEWIS
Categories Desserts Specialty Dessert Recipes Dessert Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, mix together the oranges, fruit cocktail, walnuts, marshmallows, and coconut. Fold in the sour cream. Chill for at least an hour, and stir again before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.4 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 73.5 mg, Sugar 26.2 g
Mama's Ambrosia is a simple mix of Navel oranges and coconut with clean, bright flavors.
Provided by Lana Stuart
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Peel the oranges and remove all the white pith. Working over a bowl to capture the juices, remove the orange sections. Squeeze any remaining juice from the core and membranes into the bowl with the orange sections.
- Taste the oranges and add a small amount (1-2 tblsp.) sugar if needed.
- Add coconut. Toss together.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1, Calories 125 kcal, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 31 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 17 g
Try Alton Brown's take on the Southern classic ambrosia, a holiday fruit salad with clementines, pineapples, maraschino cherries and even marshmallows.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the cream and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks are formed. Add the sour cream and whisk to combine. Add the marshmallows, orange, pineapple, coconut, pecans and cherries and stir to combine. Transfer to a glass serving bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
FIVE CUP AMBROSIA
Provided by Damaris Phillips
Yield 6 to 8 servings (4 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the pineapple and sear until very dark on one side, 5 to 10 minutes; it should look almost burned. Flip and add the remaining coconut oil if the pan looks dry. Cook on the reverse side until darkly seared, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the pineapple to a cutting board and let cool before cutting into medium dice.
- Add the pineapple, tangerines, coconut, marshmallows, sour cream and orange extract to a nonreactive bowl. Fold to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours, until completely cold!!! Serve garnished with mint.
Make and share this Italian Ambrosia recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add sugar to mascarpone and mix well by hand or electric mixer.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Stir fruit gently, mixing well.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, spoon into a pretty glass or crystal serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.8, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 19.7, Sodium 60, Carbohydrate 49, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 38.1, Protein 2.7
Yes, there are many ambrosia recipes out there... I'm only posting mine here for safe keeping & for when I'm asked for the recipe after bringing it to a party/gathering... Don't get me wrong, it's very tasty & I'll mostly only prefer the taste of mine, so if you try it, I hope you enjoy it :-)
Provided by BlondieItaliana
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- I drain & quarter cherries first. Then drain & squeeze the crushed pineapple. Then I drain & add the remaining canned ingredients and stir in the pudding mix, sour cream & cool whip. I add the marshmallows last and stir them in gently.
- Chill then serve.
More about "mamas ambrosia recipes"
THE ONLY CLASSIC 1950S AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE YOU’LL EVER …
4.6/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Salads And Power BowlsTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- OPEN and DRAIN the cans of fruit. No need to rinse, but you do need to drain. If you have time, drain the fruit in a strainer for 30 minutes.
- REMOVE the maraschino cherry stems if they are still attached. CUT the cherries in half. Reserve a few whole cherries to place on top of the salad.
- WHIP the heavy cream. Pour the heavy cream into a cold bowl and whip using a hand mixer with a wire whip attachment for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cream is whipped to soft to medium peaks.
MARSHMALLOW FRUIT SALAD (AMBROSIA SALAD) - TASTES OF HOMEMADE
AMBROSIA APPLE RECIPES - AMBROSIA APPLES
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA RECIPE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
OUR BEST AMBROSIA RECIPES | MYRECIPES
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA - SOUTHERN BITE
AMBROSIA APPLE RECIPES - DELICIOUS AND TASTY RECIPES
MAMA'S AMBROSIA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY AMBROSIA RECIPE YOU'LL LOVE · THE TYPICAL MOM
CLASSIC AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE WITH PECANS - MOMMA CAN
THE BEST AMBROSIA SALAD - MOM ON TIMEOUT
LIFE'S AMBROSIA - RECIPES FOR HOME COOKS. FROM A HOME COOK.
RECIPES - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
GRANDMA'S AMBROSIA SALAD - YOUTUBE
GRANNY'S SOUTHERN AMBROSIA RECIPE - MERRY ABOUT TOWN
AMBROSIA FRUIT SALAD - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
AMBROSIA SALAD (THE BEST FRUIT SALAD) - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
GRANDMA’S BEST AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
GRANDMA'S AMBROSIA SALAD - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
EASY AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE THAT’S SWEET & COLORFUL
AMBROSIA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CLASSIC AMBROSIA RECIPE IS NO-BAKE AND EASY TO MAKE - THE WHOOT
5 CUP SALAD RECIPE - EASY AMBROSIA RECIPE SOUR CREAM - AMBROSIA …
GRANNY’S CLASSIC AMBROSIA SALAD - SOUTHERN CRAVINGS
AMBROSIA SALAD - MAMA KNOWS GLUTEN FREE
GRANNY'S AMBROSIA SALAD - THE SOCCER MOM BLOG
THE SIMS 4 AMBROSIA GUIDE - RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS HELP
AMBROSIA FRUIT SALAD | COOKING MAMAS
BEST AMBROSIA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
DEEP SOUTH DISH: AMBROSIA FRUIT SALAD
AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RECIPES – MOONSHINE MAMA'S
CLASSIC AMBROSIA SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY AMBROSIA …
RECIPES ARCHIVES - BAKED AMBROSIA
BERRY AMBROSIA SALAD (THM S) - MRS. CRIDDLES KITCHEN
SOUTHERN AMBROSIA RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
EASY AMBROSIA RECIPE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
RECIPES - MARIN MAMA COOKS
EASY AMBROSIA RECIPE ALSO KNOWN AS MARSHMALLOW SALAD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love