FROZEN MARGARITA PIE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix pretzels and sugar together in a bowl; stir in margarine until evenly incorporated. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie plate; press into bottom and up sides of plate to form a firm, even crust.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, limeade concentrate, tequila, orange liqueur, and green food coloring in a large bowl.
- Beat cream in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the whipped cream will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak. Fold whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture. Spoon filling into cooled crust.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving; garnish with lime slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.9 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 57.4 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 342 mg, Sugar 41.1 g
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until crust begins to puff, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; transfer to a cooling rack. If crust has pulled away from sides, use the back of a spoon to press it back. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together condensed milk, zest, juice, tequila, liqueur, and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Pour filling into crust. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firmly set, for at least 2 or up to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold in sugar and vanilla, whipping until stiff peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream and lime slices, if using. Serve immediately.
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE
You'll need to freeze the pie for at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight, for the ideal texture, so be sure to plan ahead.
Provided by Andy Baraghani
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let cool slightly.
- Crumble graham crackers into a food processor. Add melted butter, sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt and process until mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer mixture to a shallow 9"-diameter pie dish. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press crust firmly and evenly across bottom and up sides of dish. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Finely grate zest from 1 lime half into a small bowl; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of the limes into a fine-mesh sieve set over a glass measuring cup (you should have about 1/2 cup juice).
- Pour lime juice into another medium bowl. Add condensed milk, tequila, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and whisk until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream just to combine, then add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold until no streaks remain (be careful not to overmix; you want to keep as much air in the whipped cream as possible).
- Remove pie dish from the freezer and scrape filling into crust. Use a spoon to gently spread filling evenly all the way to the edges. Sprinkle with reserved lime zest and freeze until filling is set, at least 8 hours.
- Do Ahead: Pie can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; keep chilled. Let soften in fridge 30 minutes before slicing.
Make it ahead, and dessert will be ready when you need it. No baking is needed with this frosty pie!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Stir in 1/4 cup margarita mix until crumbly. Press mixture firmly against bottom and side of 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix sherbet, 1/3 cup margarita mix and the tequila. Gently swirl in frozen yogurt. Spoon mixture into crust; spread evenly.
- Cover; freeze 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 115 mg, Sugar 35 g, TransFat 0 g
This differs from Dawn's version on some of the portion sizes. More tequila is one way it differs. You also have the option as to freeze this or chill in the refrigerator.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 1 "9 inch pie"
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In saucepan, melt margarine; stir in pretzel crumbs and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Press crumbs on bottom and up sides of a buttered 9-inch pie plate; chill.
- In large, combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice concentrate, tequila and triple sec; mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Freeze 4 hours until firm OR Chill 2 hour in the refrigerator until firm.
- Garnish as desired.
- For the crust: In a medium mixing bowl mix crushed pretzels with butter and press into 9-inch pie pan.
- For the filling: In a small saucepan combine 1/2 of the limeade and gelatin, heat until dissolved and cool completely. Combine remaining limeade, condensed milk, gelatin mixture and zest in a large bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into milk mixture and mound into crust. Chill 2 hours and garnish with candy lime slices.
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Process the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and tequila, and pulse until moist. Press the crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the crust cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling: Whisk together the condensed milk, limeade, tequila, lime juice, liqueur and salt in a large bowl until smooth and combined. Beat the cream with an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Reduce the speed to low, and drizzle in the condensed milk mixture. Return the mixer to medium-high, and beat until the mixture is completely incorporated and fluffy, about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down the side of the bowl if necessary. Transfer the filling to the cooled crust, cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the pie to the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with lime wedges dipped in salt, and serve.
Put a Margarita Pie on the table tonight with help from My Food and Family. Our creamy Margarita Pie is great for the warmer months or year-round.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare and bake crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package for one-crust baked shell. Cool.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in lime juice.
- Beat pudding mix, milk, orange juice and lime zest in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Add gelatin mixture; whisk until blended. Refrigerate 30 min. or until thickened.
- Spoon pudding mixture into crust. Refrigerate 30 min. or until firm. Top with COOL WHIP before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 2.585 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.8776 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
FROSTY MARGARITA PIE
Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Enjoy this delicious frozen pie made using strawberries and crackers. Perfect for dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix cracker crumbs, chopped strawberries and sugar in small bowl. Press in bottom and up sides of pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches; set aside.
- Beat yogurt, lime peel, lime juice and tequila in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed just until blended. Spoon into crust. Freeze at least 1 1/2 hours or until firm enough to cut. Serve topped with whipped topping; garnish with lime and strawberry slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 115 mg, Sugar 36 g, TransFat 0 g
BAKED MARGARITA PIE
There is no alcohol in this version. I was drawn into Williams Sonoma cooking store by the delicious aroma of this pie baking. They were kind enough to share the simple recipe, which I promptly made the minute I got home. Although their brand of Margarita mixer is recommended, I did try this with another brand I purchased at my local grocery and it still came out delicious. This is a rich, citrusy flavored tart. Prep time does not include chilling time once pie has baked.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Yield 1 pie, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 450 F and have ready a premade graham cracker pie shell (either 9" or slightly larger) or if you prefer, a baked& cooled regular pie pastry.
- Whisk together the margarita mixer, the eggs, and the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until pie is almost set and the top is getting bubbly and edges of filling are just beginning to brown.
- I placed a pie shield over the crust edges to keep them from overbrowning- if you do not have one, you can cover the crust edges with some foil.
- Set pie onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature, then cover and place in fridge until fully cooled, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
More about "margarita pie recipes"
BEST MARGARITA PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A MARGARITA PIE
Category DessertTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Make crust: In a food processor, combine pretzels and graham crackers and pulse to make fine crumbs.
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MARGARITA PIE - CLASSIC DESSERT MEETS CLASSIC COCKTAIL
16 MARGARITA DESSERT RECIPES INSPIRED BY YOUR FAVORITE …
THE 20 BEST MARGARITA RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY I TASTE …
NO-BAKE FROZEN MARGARITA PIE • FIVEHEARTHOME
MARGARITA PIE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
MARGARITA PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SUPER EASY AND DELICIOUS MARGARITA PIE RECIPE! - TAMMILEE TIPS
MARGARITA PIE RECIPE
SIMPLE AND EASY FROZEN MARGARITA PIE - A LABOUR OF LIFE
NO-BAKE PIE: MARGARITA PIE WITH A PRETZEL CRUST - VEGETARIAN
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA PIE - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
MARGARITA PIE #COOKOUTWEEK - BOTTOM LEFT OF THE MITTEN
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE (NO BAKE RECIPE) - TIDYMOM®
MARGARITA PIE IN JARS - SPRINKLE BAKES
MARGARITA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THIS FROZEN MARGARITA PIE IS FULL OF TEQUILA AND JUST AS ... - BON …
MARGHERITA PIZZA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
NO BAKE MARGARITA PIE - LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE RECIPE - DESSERTS ON A DIME
MARGARITA PIE | VERY BEST BAKING
MARGARITA PIE: NO BAKE DESSERTS - WEST VIA MIDWEST
BOOZY (OR NOT) FROZEN MARGARITA PIE RECIPE - SCATTERED THOUGHTS …
EASY MARGARITA PIE - KITCHEN PARADE
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE (NO-BAKE) - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE MARGARITA PIE | MARTHA STEWART
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE · MAJOR GATES
MARGARITA PIE WITH A PRETZEL CRUST - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
KEY LIME MARGARITA PIE WITH A PRETZEL CRUST - LOVE FROM THE OVEN
MARIA’S EASY MARGARITA PIE WITH TEQUILA – FAMILIA KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY MARGARITA PIE - GRANDBABY CAKES
MARGARITA PIE RECIPE
MARGARITA PIE BARS (ADULT DESSERT!) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
FROZEN MARGARITA PIE WITH PRETZEL CRUST - HOSTESS AT HEART
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #american #mexican #oven #refrigerator #potluck #dinner-party #holiday-event #frozen-desserts #pies #easter #dietary #christmas #new-years #brown-bag #independence-day #st-patricks-day #citrus #lime #brunch #superbowl #taste-mood #sweet #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Margarita pie crust?
What is in no bake Margarita pie?
How do you make the perfect Margaritas?
How do you make a tequila and butter pie?