SUPER SIMPLE LAMB MARINADE
This is such a simple marinade, so easy to prepare and best of all - it's done in a big zip-lock bag, so there's no mess to clean up. It's great for grilling or for roasting. I use it on any cut of lamb. I'm splurging on two 1-pound pre-frenched racks of lamb from "New Zealand Fresh Lamb" for our anniversary. It makes enough for about 2 - 2 1/2 pounds of lamb. You can always vary the few spices in it to suit your taste.
Provided by Crabzilla
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 1 Cup
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add all ingredients to the zip-lock bag, seal, and smoosh around to blend everything together.
- Dump your lamb chops or racks in and marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Take out and bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat up your oven or grill and cook away, using the remaining marinade for an occassional basting!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.2, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 10920.5, Carbohydrate 83.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 66.6, Protein 19.6
LAMB MARINADE RECIPES (FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD)
From several options of marinade for lamb chops to other cuts of lamb marinade recipes. On average each yields just over a cup - enough for a leg of lamb, lamb shoulder or four to six lamb chops. More ideas in the post.
Provided by CraftBeering
Categories Cooking Tips and How Tos
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the Mint Yogurt Marinade - chop the mint, mince the garlic, squeeze the lemon juice and mix the ingredients together. Cover the lamb chops completely. This marinade also tenderizes, so do not use it overnight - 2 to 3 hours is ideal.
- For the Spiced Dark Ale Marinade - first soak the star anise in the ale for 5 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until combined. Cover the lamb chops with the marinade.
- For the Greek Marinade - chop the oregano (or use the dried version) and mince the garlic. Mix all the ingredients and rub all over the lamb chops.
GREEK LAMB MARINADE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Juice 2 lemons into a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into the lemon juice while whisking. This will help to emulsify the mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 kcal, Carbohydrate 29 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 7 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 534 mg, Sugar 12 g, Fat 14 g, ServingSize Makes 1 1/2 cups (8 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Combine lemon juice, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, oregano, honey, garlic, mustard, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and lemon pepper in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 113.4 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
- Lamb: Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bash up the coriander and mint and mix with the yogurt, garlic, and seasoning. Reserve half to use as a sauce once the lamb is cooked.
- Score the lamb pieces, season with the salt and pepper and mix with half the marinade and the chickpeas, so it is all coated.
- Transfer the marinade and lamb to a plastic bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator until required.
- To cook, place the meat directly on the oven shelf above the tray of vegetables for approximately 45 minutes.
- Vegetables: Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place all the vegetables in a roasting tray, add the chickpeas, cumin, coriander seeds, nutmeg, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil and toss together.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes then remove the foil and continue roasting for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and golden.
MARINATED LAMB CHOPS
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, rosemary, cumin, garlic and 2 tablespoons mint in a medium bowl. Place the lamb into a resealable plastic bag and pour half of the marinade over the lamb. Season with salt and pepper, seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and remaining 6 tablespoons mint to the remaining marinade and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot; lightly brush with oil.
- Remove the lamb from the bag, letting the excess marinade drip off (discard the marinade). Season with salt and pepper. Grill the chops, turning once, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve the chops with the reserved marinade.
GARLIC AND HERB-MARINATED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: rack of lamb, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, chilli powder, olive oil, lemon, red wine
Provided by Dhruv Vohra
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 175ºC.
- Chop thyme, rosemary, and garlic together, then place in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, chilli powder, olive oil, and lemon juice; mix well, then set aside.
- If necessary, trim off some extra fat on the rack of lamb, then cut lamb into 4 pieces. (You can also ask your butcher to prep it for you!)
- Place lamb in the spice mixture, then rub the spice mixture onto the lamb using your hands, covering all sides. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron or skillet. Sear all sides of the lamb until meat is dark brown and crispy. When it's almost done, pour in red wine then remove from the heat.
- Roast the lamb in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145˚F / 63˚C
- Serve with roasted veggies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185 calories, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 0 grams
DELICIOUS SIMPLE MARINADE FOR ROAST LEG OF LAMB
This was a recipe that I originally got from allrecipes.com and have since modified. It is very simple and quick to make, but it yields one of the most delicious tasting roasts I've ever had. Be prepared for people to ask for seconds!
Provided by Slains Girl
Categories Low Protein
Yield 1/2 cup, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and make adjustments to seasoning according to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, make several small slits into the leg of lamb to allow marinade to penetrate. Thoroughly baste the leg of lamb in the marinade.
- Place the lamb, along with the marinade, in a dish big enough to hold the meat. Pour the remaining marinade over it, and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow to marinate overnight, turning once. Baste meat once more before putting into the oven to roast.
MARINADE FOR LAMB
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and thyme and pour over meat (see note). Turn to coat evenly and allow to marinate two hours at room temperature, turning occasionally.
- Drain the meat before broiling.
- After broiling, remove the meat to a platter. Carefully remove as much fat as possible (but not juices) from the broiling pan and, placing it over a top burner, add a little water and stir to loosen all browning. Add dill, salt and pepper and boil briefly. Turn off heat, add butter to taste, stir until melted and pour over meat.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 134, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 103 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED MARINATED LAMB WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY POTATOES
- Roughly chop strips of lemon zest. In a medium bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, garlic, and rosemary; whisk in oil. Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper. Place lamb in a 1-gallon resealable bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag, pressing to remove as much air as possible. Turn bag several times to coat lamb in marinade. Let sit at room temperature 1 hour (or refrigerate overnight), flipping bag halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. (If lamb was marinated overnight, remove from refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking.) Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches; season with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Remove lamb from marinade, letting excess marinade drip back into bag. Place lamb on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper. Pour marinade into a roasting pan; add potatoes. Cook 15 minutes. Push potatoes to edges of pan; place lamb in center. Roast 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 300 and cook until medium-rare (an instant-read thermometer should read 125 when inserted in thickest part of lamb), 1 to 1 1/4 hours, tossing potatoes halfway through.
- Tent pan loosely with foil and let lamb rest 20 minutes before slicing. Toss potatoes with pan juices and serve alongside lamb.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 769 g, Fat 47 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 46 g
MARINATED RACK OF LAMB WITH MUSTARD AND VINEGAR
- Whisk mustard, vinegar, oil, garlic and brown sugar in medium bowl to blend. Place lamb in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread marinade over each lamb rack. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate lamb overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Transfer lamb to rimmed baking sheet; reserve marinade. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Roast lamb to desired doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade, about 25 minutes for medium-rare. Cut lamb between bones into chops. Divide chops among 4 plates and serve.
MARINATED LAMB CHOPS
These lean little lamb chops from Jill Heatwole of Pittsville, Maryland are packed with the flavors of rosemary, ginger and mustard. Marinating makes them so tender. They're something special for spring.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 10 ingredients; add lamb chops and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight., Drain and discard marinade and onion. Lightly oil the grill rack. , Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 112mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the wine, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the lamb in a shallow pan, and pour the marinade over the meat. Cover and refrigerate, turning and rotating the lamb periodically, for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade. Pat dry with paper towels. Wrap the piece of meat around the rotisserie rod. Secure with clamps and tie the rolled roast together with cotton string.
- Cook over the prepared coals until the meat is the desired temperature, 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, about 2 hours.
More about "marinade for lamb recipes"
BEST LAMB CHOP MARINADE RECIPE - ACPEO
NORTH AFRICAN MARINATED LAMB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON GARLIC MARINATED LAMB LOIN CHOPS RECIPE WITH MINT …
MARINATED ROAST LAMB: A LAMB MARINADE RECIPE FOR ANY LAMB CUT!
GARLIC & ROSEMARY GRILLED LAMB CHOPS - DELISH D'LITES
THE BEST LAMB MARINADES FOR THE BBQ - RECIPES
MARINATED LAMB RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
MARINADE FOR LAMB STEAKS RECIPE » AL AZHAR FOODIE
5 LAMB MARINADES | BBQ LAMB RECIPES | CAMPBELLS PRIME MEAT
JUICIEST GRILLED LAMB KABOBS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
TEN OF THE BEST LAMB MARINADES FOR THE BBQ - NEWS & FEATURES
ITALIAN-STYLE LAMB MARINADE | METRO
SUPER EASY GRILLED GARLIC AND HERB MARINATED LAMB RACK RECIPE
FOR BETTER, JUICIER LAMB CHOPS, USE THIS MARINADE
GREEK STYLE LAMB MARINADE - W/ DERRICK RICHES
BEST LAMB MARINADE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB MARINADE
ROSEMARY GARLIC MARINATED RACK OF LAMB (ROASTED)
TOP 10 ALL-PURPOSE MARINADE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROASTED MARINATED LAMB WITH LIQUORICE - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
HOW TO MARINATE LAMB - RECIPES, COOKING TIPS AND MORE
MARINATED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY & GARLIC | AMERICAN LAMB
MARINATED GREEK LAMB SOUVLAKI RECIPE (SKEWERS) WITH PITA AND …
MARINADE FOR LAMB OR CHICKEN | METRO
BUTTERFLIED AND MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
MARINATED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
10 BEST MARINATED LAMB LOIN CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC HERB MARINADE - HEY GRILL HEY
10 BEST LAMB STEAK MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MARINATED LAMB CHOPS WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - RACHEL COOKS®
LEBANESE LAMB MARINADE - GIVE YOUR LAMB LIFE WITH COOK EAT WORLD
MARINADE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS …
You'll also love