GRANDMA'S CORN BREAD DRESSING
- Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.8 calories, Carbohydrate 52.8 g, Cholesterol 75.8 mg, Fat 13 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 1582.3 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD STUFFING
This is our longtime favorite vegetarian cornbread stuffing with apples, lovingly adapted from The Silver Palate. It's an absolute Thanksgiving classic.
Provided by Carolyn Gratzer Cope
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 325°F with a rack in the middle.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, celery, and apples, along with half the salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned in spots, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Into a large mixing bowl, place the crumbled cornbread and dried bread cubes.
- Top with the apple mixture, parsley, time, sage, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Pour the beaten eggs and the broth over the contents of the bowl, and mix again until the bread has absorbed all the liquid.
- Spoon the stuffing into a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until crisp on top and tender and custardy inside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469 calories, Carbohydrate 55.4 grams carbohydrates, Fat 23.1 grams fat, Fiber 3.7 grams fiber, Protein 10.7 grams protein
SOUTHERN STYLE CORNBREAD DRESSING
This Southern Style Cornbread Dressing is the perfect side dish for your next holiday gathering. It's savory, flavorful and so easy!
Provided by I Heart Recipes
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Start chopping, and dicing all of the vegetables such as the celery, onions, and garlic. Also chop up the fresh sage.
- Next, drizzle the olive oil into a large pan, then place the pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot add in the onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until nice and tender.
- Now toss in the fresh sage. Continue to cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large mixing bowl, along with the crackers.
- Now add in the cooked vegetables. Fold the ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Now pour in the broth followed by the cream of chicken soup.
- Add in the eggs, and mix everything until well combined.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning salt, thyme and pepper.
- Now mix until well combined.
- Preheat the the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 bake dish, then pour in the dressing mixture.
- Bake the dressing uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Feast your eyes on this two-toned pumpernickel dressing. It's my vegetarian version of the classic Thanksgiving staple. -Thomas Roeger, Bloomington, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring twice. Set aside., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook celery and onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the cranberries, salt, rosemary, thyme, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer., In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and celery mixture. Add broth and combine., Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 527mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MEATLESS CORNBREAD DRESSING
Provided by Si Foster, A Bountiful Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place heavy pan on stove over medium high heat with olive oil and butter.
- Add chopped celery and onions to pan. Season with pepper, I use about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Sautee until onions and celery are softened, stirring to make sure the vegetables do not burn.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and turn heat to medium. Sauté for about one minute.
- Add cornbread stuffing mix to pan, folding in cooked vegetables.
- Add chicken broth a cup at a time, folding in the cornbread mixture.
- The cornbread should absorb the liquid completely. Do not be concerned if the stuffing is wet, it will bake out when cooked in oven.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, uncovered. If the dressing is too dry, add a bit more broth and cover with lid or foil. Dot with additional butter if desired.
- Toss with 1 cup fresh parsley before serving.Taste before salting. The cornbread mix and the salt in broth may be enough salt for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; add the onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 6 to 8 minutes and remove from the pan to a small plate. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the water, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet and allowing the water to simmer just a couple of minutes to infuse in the onion flavor. Remove from the heat.
- Put the cornbread in a large mixing bowl. Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a small pan over medium heat and let it bubble until the milk solids to start to turn golden. Add the sage leaves and briefly fry until beginning to crisp, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove sage and put on top of cornbread to drain and crisp. Remove the butter from the heat. Add the eggs and cooked onions to the cornbread and pour the browned butter over the mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the onion infused water, a tablespoon at a time, gently folding, until cornbread is evenly moistened but not soggy. Pour the dressing into a 9 by 11-inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown in color and the dressing is set in the middle, about 30 minutes.
THE BEST VEGETARIAN STUFFING EVER
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. When the butter is melted add one tablespoon of the sage, the onion, celery and the carrot. When the onions become translucent, add the garlic, apples and salt and pepper generously, very generously. After the apples have cooked for about 2 minutes, pour the vegetable broth into the pan, season with the cayenne and more salt and pepper as needed, and let the mixture saute for 1 to 2 more minutes. Tear the bread into approximately 1/2-inch squares and place in a 2-3/4-quart casserole dish. Add the cranberries and sage. Remove the mixture from the stove and pour it over the bread. Mix well and bake uncovered at 350ºF for about 45 minutes to an hour. For best results, stir at least once.
MOMMA'S MEATLESS CORNBREAD STUFFING
We usually bake a turkey and a ham for holidays, since my family is so large. Since there's already so much meat in the menu, my mother made this stuffing without the sausage in it. Since then, it is my mom's job to make this stuffing for all our holiday gatherings. (We usually cut the celery and onion using a food processor. Saves a bunch of time)
Provided by Rock Lobstah
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven as directed for cornbread.
- Combine cornbread mix, eggs, and milk in a bowl until well blended. Bake in a roasting pan as directed, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop onion and celery while cornbread is cooking.
- When the cornbread is cooled, crumble it and stir in celery and onions. Add salt, pepper and sage to taste, making it a TINY BIT stronger than you would like, because the chicken broth will water it down a bit and mute the spiciness. (We usually start with about 2 T of each, and maybe 1 T more of sage, because everyone ion my family loves it)
- Pour chicken broth evenly over cornbread mixture, and stir till every last bit is wet. You may need to add more or less chicken broth to suit your palate.
- Smooth top of stuffing with a spatula, and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until top is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.7, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 38, Sodium 1694.3, Carbohydrate 30.7, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 0.6, Protein 5
More about "meatless cornbread dressing recipes"
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD STUFFIN RECIPE - FOOLPROOF LIVING
Ratings 8Calories 592 per servingCategory Side Dish
- To make the cornbread:Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk butter and honey until no lumps remain. Whisk in the eggs and set aside.Mix the dry ingredients, yellow corn meal, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt, in a bowl.
- Stir in the buttermilk and sour cream. Fold in the chopped scallions, jalapenos, cheddar, and corn to the mixture. Transfer the mixture into the prepared 10-inch cast iron skillet.
AUNTIE ROSE'S SOUTHERN CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE ...
4.1/5 (94)Total Time 3 hrs 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 450 per serving
- Begin by adding a layer of dressing mixture to bottom of 9x13 pan about a ¾ to an inch high to cover the bottom of the pan. Line the layer with shredded chicken then repeat with another large layer of dressing then chicken and repeat ending with dressing at the top of the pan. Repeat for the other 9x13 pan.
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE
3.9/5 (28)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 200 per serving
SEAFOOD CORNBREAD DRESSING | I HEART RECIPES
CORNBREAD DRESSING - SOUTHERN STYLE VEGAN
Cuisine American, SouthernCategory EntreeServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- To prepare stuffing mixture, heat a large deep skillet or pot on medium-high heat. Add celery and 3 pepper and onion blend. Cook until vegetables are tender-crisp.
EASY CORNBREAD DRESSING (VEGAN & OIL FREE) - SHANE & SIMPLE
5/5 (4)Calories 105 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, crumble the cornbread and combine with low-sodium vegetable broth in a large bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the onion and celery, and cook until the onions are soft. Usually, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the cornbread mixture along with all the seasonings and mix well. Let the entire mixture sit for about 10 minutes. Add the flax into the cornbread dressing mixture, stir to combine, and transfer to a nonstick baking dish or casserole dish. If you don’t have a nonstick baking dish you can simply line one with parchment paper.
- Bake unconvered at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven, let sit for just a few minutes, and serve.
CROCKPOT VEGETARIAN STUFFING - W/ VEGAN FRIENDLY OPTION!
4.9/5 (35)Calories 461 per servingCategory Side Dish
23 BEST VEGETARIAN STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES FOR ...
- Simple Is Best Dressing. The familiar mix of herbs in this dressing offers homey comfort. Simply use vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth to keep this dressing vegetarian-friendly.
- Rye, Kale, Mushroom, and Pumpkin Seed Stuffing. Again, you'll need to sub in vegetable stock instead of the chicken stock in this hearty, flavorful stuffing for a vegetarian take, but this recipe welcomes it, since it's packed with umami-rich mushrooms, pepitas, and savory rye bread.
- Kale and Wild Rice–Stuffed Winter Squash. Nutty, salty Pecorino Romano cheese gives this gorgeous stuffed squash a boost. Wild rice and toasted walnuts add chewy texture, while lemon and a little Dijon mustard keep things bright.
- Butternut Squash and Cheddar Bread Pudding. Fresh butternut squash adds just the right amount of sweetness to this bold vegetarian dressing that's laced with Tuscan kale and extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Herby Barley Salad With Butter-Basted Mushrooms. While it isn't baked like traditional dressing, this barley salad hits all the right stuffing notes—feel free to toss in some dried fruits or chopped nuts if that's what you're accustomed to.
- Vegan "Tofurkey" with Mushroom Stuffing and Gravy. Clearly this vegan roast is a full meal-in-one, but it's worth paying attention to the mushroom mixture, which makes a fine stuffing on its own.
- Skillet Stuffing with Apples, Shallots, and Cranberries. Plenty of fall fruit gives this dish a sweet-and-savory vibe. Again, use veggie stock in place of the chicken stock called for the recipe to make it vegetarian.
- Kale Dressing. Crispy around the edges and soft in the center, this side dish laced with fennel, onions, and slow-cooked kale will please everyone at the table.
- Leek Bread Pudding. This decadent but simple savory bread pudding keeps things rich (but meat-free) with milk, cream, and plenty of melty cheese—it's definitely one of our favorite vegetarian stuffings.
- Cornbread-Stuffed Roasted Squash. This stuffed squash is loaded with classic fall flavors. Pack the filling into acorn squash for a satisfying vegetarian main dish or bake it in a pan to put on a buffet.
VEGAN CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCalories 159 per serving
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (25)Calories 272 per servingCategory Side Dish
VEGAN SOUTHERN-STYLE CORNBREAD DRESSING | FATFREE VEGAN ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrsCategory Side DishCalories 190 per serving
CLASSIC CORNBREAD DRESSING - SWANKY RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 677 per serving
VEGAN CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - LAVENDER & MACARONS
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD DRESSING THANKSGIVING RECIPES
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
VEGETARIAN CORNBREAD STUFFING - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
MEATLESS CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPES
CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE (VEGETARIAN) — THE MOM 100
CORNBREAD DRESSING - AFROVEGAN SOCIETY
VEGETARIAN STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cornbread dressing?Crumble the cornbread into a large bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to the cornbread. Pour broth (or stock) over and add eggs, sage, thyme, pepper and salt. Stir well to combine. Transfer the dressing to the prepared baking dish.
Can you cook cornbread dressing in a Turkey?This Southern-style cornbread dressing recipe is made the classic, old-fashioned way with fresh cornbread crumbs and diced chicken (if desired). The dressing is baked in a large baking pan, which is the recommended method, but if you choose to cook the stuffing in a turkey, make sure you follow the steps to stuff the bird safely .
How do you cook cornbread in the oven?Heat oven as directed for cornbread. Combine cornbread mix, eggs, and milk in a bowl until well blended. Bake in a roasting pan as directed, about 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool. Chop onion and celery while cornbread is cooking. When the cornbread is cooled, crumble it and stir in celery and onions.
How to make vegan cornbread?In a large mixing bowl, combine the sage, thyme, and parsley with the whole-wheat bread and the vegan cornbread, mixing everything together well to combine. Add the sautéed onion and celery and stir to combine. Add in the vegetable broth just until the bread mixtures is lightly moistened, adding more or less vegetable broth as needed.