MEATY MACARONI BAKE
We go to lots of rodeos. This is an ideal casserole to make in the morning and pop into the oven when we get home.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes., In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, macaroni, mushrooms, cheeses and bread crumbs. Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish. Top with meat mixture. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 810mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE
Quickie meal that is loved by kids (and Dad's) alike. This isn't gourmet or fancy- just good ol' fix it fast and fill their bellies food! Kind of a copycat Hamburger Helper- but so much better! This is a 'base' recipe for the start of a healthier and fast meal that is kid and family friendly, budget friendly and uses things that are probably in your kitchen already. Perfect for those times you find your house FULL of hungry teens! Will feed four very easily- or one or two hungry teenagers! lol Posting bc yesterday my dd said "Mama, can we have Macaroni and hamburger meat tonite?" and Mama said "No baby, I have to fix a recipe I tagged on Zaar." to which she replied "Mama, you need to post that recipe on Zaar and tell everyone that kids like it- and Dad said "AND DADS TOO!" so this is for my family! Hope your family enjoys it too! and that is saves you some stress on a busy night! PLUS, this is a great carrier for those dreaded veggies when you find your kids (dads too) seem to turn their noses up to otherwise. HIDE those veggies in the cheese! lol Think peas, carrots, zucchini, etc NOTE: Instead of the box mix you can use my homemade recipe for mac and cheese recipe #135662
Provided by Mamas Kitchen Hope
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare mac and cheese according to box directions, using salted water.
- Meanwhile, brown meat and drain grease.Rinse meat if desired to remove even more grease.
- Season meat with onion and garlic- fresh and sauteed can be used instead- and add any additional seasonings that your family likes. SEE NOTE - skip if using left over meat- but do reheat the leftovers.
- Add meat to prepared mac and cheese and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- At this point you can add EXTRAS such as additional grated cheese, great opportunity to sneak in veggies - peas, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, etc., Use what you like or try this to entice kids to eat things they normally wouldn't.
- I have even added some spinach to the meat mixing it in well so it is not as noticeable! Sometimes you have to be sneaky! hehehe.
- NOTE: This is even faster when you use left over taco meat, sloppy joes, crumbled meatloaf, etc -- Add what your family likes.
- No this isn't the healthiest meal- but it IS so much healthier for them than a greasy burger grabbed on the run, and you can make it as healthy as you choose- I have even used leftover homemade mac and cheese- No preservatives at all that way!
- You can 'fancy' it up by topping it with extra cheese or breadcrumbs and popping it under the broiler for a minute just to brown.
- A real time saving tip that the kids love is to put the entire mixture in a lightly sprayed casserole pan and top with biscuit dough- you can even use the ones in the can, bake per can instructions until the biscuits are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.3, Fat 22.3, SaturatedFat 11.6, Cholesterol 74.7, Sodium 540.7, Carbohydrate 37.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 6, Protein 19
MEATY MAC 'N' CHEESE
My husband is disabled and requires constant care. This doesn't leave me a lot of time to cook, so I came up with this tasty way to beef up a box of macaroni and cheese. The hearty mixture gets extra flavor from corn, ripe olives and zippy salsa. -Charlotte Kremer, Pahrump, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions. , Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, corn, olives and pimientos; cook until heated through. , Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 42mg cholesterol, Sodium 716mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
BEEFY MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and chili powder and stir until brick red, about 2 minutes. Add the beef and cook, stirring, until browned, 4 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread the mixture in a 3-quart flameproof baking dish. Preheat the broiler. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the milk and reserved cooking water, bring to a simmer and cook, whisking, until thick, 2 minutes. Add 2 cups cheese, the cooked pasta and 3/4 teaspoon salt and stir until the cheese melts. Spread over the beef mixture. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the breadcrumbs; sprinkle over the pasta mixture and broil until golden. Top with the scallions.
HOMESTYLE BEEF, MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain excess fat. In the large pot, combine macaroni, beef, tomato soup, tomato juice and corn; heat through. Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 777.3 calories, Carbohydrate 68.6 g, Cholesterol 123.6 mg, Fat 38.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 39.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 1183.5 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
MACARONI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH MEATBALLS
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cut any large meatballs in half. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix milk and sauce mix with wire whisk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta and meatballs. Spoon into baking dish. In small bowl, mix butter, bread crumbs and onions; sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710, Carbohydrate 70 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 4 g, Protein 40 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1690 mg, Sugar 10 g, TransFat 1 g
FAMILY-FAVORITE MACARONI AND CHEESE
Creamy and cheesy, this homemade mac and cheese recipe is just the ticket for traditional comfort food, but with lots of mix-in possibilities that help you put a flavor-forward twist on a classic recipe. Check out the Expert Tips section below for suggestions on adding bacon, caramelized onions, fire-roasted diced tomatoes and even lobster.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 560 mg
More about "meaty macaroni and cheese recipes"
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE - COOKING WITH …
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCuisine Cooking With Tammy
- Using a large skillet add a small amount of oil before adding diced onions. Saute onions until fragrant.
- Add seasoning: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, bouillon cube, and broth or water.
10 BEST MAC AND CHEESE WITH MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
30 FAMILY-PLEASING MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES
MEATY MACARONI BAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
CHEESY BAKED MACARONI WITH MEAT SAUCE - RIVERTEN KITCHEN
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPE | MACARONI AND CHEESE, …
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RONZONI | MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE
24 BEST MACARONI AND BEEF RECIPES – FOOD.COM
MEATY MACARONI RECIPE RECIPE
72 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
ULTRA CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - INSPIRED TASTE
TOP 11 MACARONI AND CHEESE COMBINATION RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
4 BEST ADD-INS FOR MACARONI AND CHEESE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX: 17 MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES
MACARONI AND CHEESE - DIABETIC RECIPE RECIPES | ALL MEAT RECIPES
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
15 BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CRAB MEAT MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ONE-SKILLET CHEESY BEEF AND MACARONI RECIPE - THE MOM 100
RONZONI | MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MACARONI AND CHEESE ~ THE BEST SIDES
HAMBURGER MEAT MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
MEATY MACARONI BAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE – FOOD RECIPES
MEAT LOVER'S MAC AND CHEESE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
MEATY MACARONI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
ULTIMATE CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SEASONS AND …
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
HOMEMADE MAC & CHEESE (EXTRA CREAMY) SPEND WITH PENNIES
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - RECIPETIN EATS
RECIPE: MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH MEAT IN THE OVEN STEP BY STEP …
BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES
MEATY MAC AND CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
RECIPE MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE - YOUTUBE
MEATY MACARONI AND CHEESE ARCHIVES - COOKING WITH …
HAMBURGER MEAT AND MACARONI CHEESE RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
50+ CRAZY-DELICIOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #pasta #american #easy #kid-friendly #cheese #dietary #copycat #comfort-food #inexpensive #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #elbow-macaroni #novelty #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook macaroni and cheese?Directions Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix.
What are the ingredients in macaroni and cheese?This homemade macaroni and cheese is loaded with ground beef, bacon and pepperoni. Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
How do you cook macaroni and cheese with bacon and bacon?Homemade macaroni and cheese loaded with ground beef, bacon and pepperoni. Bring large pot of water to a boil and then add in macaroni. Cook for 5 minutes before draining and rinsing with cold water. Set aside. In a large frying pan on medium-high, cook the ground beef and bacon with a dab of butter or margarine.
What kind of cheese do you put on Mac and cheese?Macaroni and cheese made from scratch with onion, cheddar cheese and dry mustard. Elbow macaroni is layered with Cheddar cheese and baked with evaporated milk in this easy classic. Get out your slow cooker and fill it with pre-boiled macaroni, sharp Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, whole milk and eggs.