CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
This colorful, crunchy black bean and corn salad is chock-full of easy-to-swallow nutrition that all ages will love. Try it with a variety of summer entrees, or as a wholesome salsa! -Krista Frank, Rhododendron, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients; pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 326mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEXICAN-STYLE BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD
- Mix black beans avocado, corn, red bell pepper, picante sauce, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin in a large bowl until ingredients are well integrated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until salad is chilled, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 446.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN AND ROASTED CORN SALAD
Excellent salad for picnics and pot lucks! Very low fat and healthy. Add some grilled chicken or shrimp for a light dinner.
Provided by healthycook26
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove the silks from the ears of corn but do not remove the husks. Run some water over the husks of the corn to make them damp. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix black beans, red onion, bell pepper, tomato, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil and cumin together and set aside.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, remove it from the cob with a knife and add to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad is best when allowed to sit for an hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191.3, Fat 6, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 15.4, Carbohydrate 30.6, Fiber 7, Sugar 6.8, Protein 7.6
MEXICAN CORN & BLACK BEAN SALAD
This colorful salad is so easy and refreshing! Its a perfect side dish for Fajitas or Enchilada's. A great salad to make in advance to take to a barbeque or potluck too! Watch it disappear! :) Cook time is chill time.
Provided by Little Bee
Categories Black Beans
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine corn, black beans and remaining ingredients in medium size bowl, except fresh parsley and cilantro.
- (Salsa can be made 1 day ahead.) Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving and add freshly chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 9.
MEXICAN BEAN SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, frozen corn, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper. Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
- Pour olive oil dressing over vegetables; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334 calories, Carbohydrate 41.7 g, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 10.5 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 1158.8 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD
For a light lunch, try Rachael Ray's Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe from 30 Minute Meals on Food Network. A touch of cumin adds savory warmth to this dish.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve. The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts -- no need to refrigerate!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257 calorie, Fat 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 477 milligrams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 9 grams, Sugar 4 grams
More about "mexican corn black bean salad recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make black beans and corn salad?Combine the black beans, corn, onion, peppers, jalapeno, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, paprika, and black pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the bean mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer. Before serving, dice the avocado and add to the salad.
What is the best way to make black beans avocado salad?Easy, easy, easy! Mix black beans avocado, corn, red bell pepper, picante sauce, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin in a large bowl until ingredients are well integrated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until salad is chilled, at least 1 hour.
What are the best recipes to make with black beans?Mix black beans avocado, corn, red bell pepper, picante sauce, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and cumin in a large bowl until ingredients are well integrated.
What is a healthy Mexican bean and corn salad?Healthy, light, bright, and cheery! Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!