MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
This delicious, not-too-sweet Mexican hot chocolate is richly flavored with cocoa and delicately seasoned with spices. The whole-stick cinnamon stirrers come in handy, as the old-fashioned chocolate mixture settles if not stirred before drinking. The blend of cinnamon and chocolate flavors is wonderful! -Kathy Young, Weatherford, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar; stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. , Add cinnamon and cloves; stir in milk. Simmer 5 minutes (do not boil). Whisk in vanilla. Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream. Use cinnamon sticks for stirrers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 92mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE CHEX® PARTY MIX
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted; stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth; stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling; stir in cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Stir in coconut and marshmallows. Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1/2 cup, Sodium 150 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g
EASY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
- In a large mug, mix the hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, and chili powder. Pour in the milk. Add the boiling water and stir.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 1.3 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 84.9 mg, Sugar 14 g
MEXICAN-STYLE HOT CHOCOLATE
- Whisk cold water, sugar, cocoa powder, flour, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a saucepan until smooth. Place over low heat; bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and hot, about 4 minutes. Stir in milk; heat until hot chocolate just forms bubbles around the edge. Mix vanilla extract into hot chocolate. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender to make the drink slightly frothy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Cholesterol 12.2 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 98.8 mg, Sugar 14 g
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
- Combine all ingredients and place in a collectible/re-useable canister with instructions.
- Instructions read: "Blend 1/2 cup mix with 1 cup steaming hot whole milk. Stir and enjoy".
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
Great for breakfasts, chilly nights, "I don't feel so good" days, and just when you want to relax! Sometimes I like to mix this half and half with coffee. Other times I like to let it cool down and pop it in the blender with some ice cream and make a milkshake! Hot chocolate isn't just for snow-days, you know! ;)
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup mix in cup and add 3/4 cup hot milk, stirring until mix is well blended.
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
- Place the milk and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Off the heat, stir in the chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper with a wooden spoon and allow to steep for 3 minutes. Reheat the hot chocolate over low heat until it simmers.
- Strain the chocolate into a measuring cup and pour into mugs. Stir with cinnamon sticks, if desired.
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
- Attach this to the Jar.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- Serves 6.
- 3 cups water.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix (to taste).
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish.
- Heat the water to boiling and add the Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix. Stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth. Garnish with cinnamon sticks. For a frothier hot chocolate, mix in a blender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.6, Fat 14.6, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 51.7, Sodium 202.7, Carbohydrate 34.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 32.2, Protein 14.7
More about "mexican hot chocolate mix recipes"
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - PARSNIPS AND PASTRIES
5/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 60Total Time 10 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean seeds, salt, and cayenne.
- Divide the mixture between 4 mason jars, topping each jar with marshmallows and crushed candy canes, if desired.
- To make a cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate, dissolve 2 heaping tablespoons of the mix into 3/4 cup hot milk. Enjoy!
MEXICAN HOT COCOA MIX RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
Servings 2.5Total Time 10 mins
HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
11 BEST MEXICAN CHOCOLATE RECIPES: MEXICAN HOT …
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE - EVI ABELER | FOOD …
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX IN A JAR - SUBURBIA …
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED RECIPE
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX | HOT CHOCOLATE WITH A LITTLE …
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHOCOLATE CALIENTE: MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE - A SIDE OF …
EASY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE - EMILY ENCHANTED
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE COOKIES - PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX, MEXICAN-STYLE
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE — HOUSE OF PLENTY
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE - SNAPPY GOURMET
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE ABUELITA | RECIPE BY - MUY DELISH
THE BEST MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE • FAMILYAPP
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
FAMILY FAVORITE MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
CREAMY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE - SUGAR AND SOUL
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - NIELSEN-MASSEY VANILLAS
SPICY KETO MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - DIETS MEAL PLAN
SMOOTH AND SILKY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - HOUSE OF YUMM
HOMEMADE MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - THECOOKFUL
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE CHEX MIX - A NEW TWIST ON PUPPY CHOW!
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE TRAIL MIX WITH GRANOLA RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
10 BEST MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE ALCOHOL RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - PLUS MORE HOSTESS GIFTS
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - VEGAN RICHA
SPICY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - OUR BALANCED BOWL
CREAMY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE | MCCORMICK
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE - TEA COFFEE & DRINKS
CREAMY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS | JULIE BLANNER
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE (*GREAT GIFT IDEA!)
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #healthy #beverages #lunch #condiments-etc #eggs-dairy #mexican #easy #no-cook #fall #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #winter #chocolate #dietary #gifts #christmas #seasonal #high-calcium #comfort-food #high-protein #inexpensive #high-in-something #taste-mood #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Mexican hot cocoa?How to Make It. Step 1. Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To make 1 serving of Mexican Hot Cocoa, heat 1 cup whole milk in a small saucepan over medium just until hot and milk begins to steam, about 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons cocoa mix. Serve immediately.
How do you make hot chocolate with cocoa powder and milk?Whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne and nutmeg. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until hot, but not boiling. Place 3 tablespoons of the mixture in each mug. Pour 3/4 cup hot milk over the mix and stir until dissolved.
What is Mexican hot chocolate made of?This delicious, not-too-sweet Mexican hot chocolate is richly flavored with cocoa and delicately seasoned with spices. The whole-stick cinnamon stirrers come in handy, as the old-fashioned chocolate mixture settles if not stirred before drinking. The blend of cinnamon and chocolate flavors is wonderful! —Kathy Young, Weatherford, Texas
How do you serve hot chocolate in Mexico?Mexican hot chocolate is often served with delicious sweet bread or basic white bread (such as bolillos ), which is dunked into the hot liquid. And take note: regardless of how well your milk and chocolate are blended, some solids will settle inside the cup.