MEXICAN CARNE ASADA MARINADE WITH SKIRT STEAK
This Mexican carne asada marinade calls for just 4 ingredients (including skirt steak) and is packed with flavor, tenderizing the meat in 20 minutes. It makes the best Mexican skirt steak marinade not only for grilling but also for sautéing, slow cooking, pressure cooking, baking, meal prep, and more.
Provided by Denise Browning
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place skirt steak on a cutting board, remove the top fat and silver skin, top with a plastic sheet, and pound the meat with a mallet on both sides until it is about ¼-inch thick (0.5 cm). Slice the steak into 3 to 4 pieces to fit in into the skillet where it will cook.
- Then, combine the taco seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice in a large Ziploc bag and place the steak inside. Shake to combine!
- Next, squeeze the air out of the bag, seal, and let the skirt steak marinate at room temp for 20 minutes maximum. If you marinate longer, the meat flavors may get lost.
- Remove the steak from the bag. Then dab to remove excess moisture from the marinade. This is so the steak can properly sear and get a nice brown crust.
- Cook the skirt steak either on a charcoal grill (preferred) or in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle. To cook it indoors, heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat for about 3-5 minutes or until super-hot and add the oil. It will shimmer! Place the steak(s) flat (do not overcrowd the pan), lower the heat to medium-high, and cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until medium-rare (internal temp: 130 - 135°For 54-57°C).
- Transfer the steak(s) to a plate and tent with foil. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes and squeeze the juice of a lime on top. Cut into thin slices against the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 25 g, Fat 35 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 71 mg, Sodium 648 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine vinegar, oil, cilantro, water, garlic, lime, salt, pepper, and spices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 336 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 6 g, ServingSize 2 cups (12 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
MEXICAN-STYLE MARINATED STEAKS
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except steaks.
- Place steaks in a wide, shallow glass or ceramic bowl and add marinade. Turn steaks to coat all sides. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Wipe excess marinade from steaks before cooking. Grill to taste.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 603, UnsaturatedFat 33 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 29 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 1841 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 1 gram
MEXICAN SKIRT STEAK
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the salsa, lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a resealable plastic bag and add the steak pieces. Seal tightly and rub the steaks with the marinade until evenly coated. Set aside for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. Discard the marinade. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Lay the steaks in the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned on the outside and medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes total. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Serve sliced with warm tortillas, sliced avocado, cilantro leaves, lime wedges and extra salsa to make tacos.
CARNE ADOBADA: GRILLED ADOBO-MARINATED SKIRT STEAK
- Make the adobo:
- Heat a comal, griddle, or heavy skillet over medium-low heat, and toast the chiles 2 or 3 at a time, turning them over and pressing down on them with tongs frequently, until the chiles are fragrant, about 1 minute per batch. Soak the chiles in enough cold water to cover until they're soft, about 30 minutes. Drain and discard the soaking water.
- Put the vinegar and beer in the blender jar with the chiles and the remaining adobo ingredients. Blend until smooth, at least 3 minutes, adding a little water if necessary to puree. If you like a silky, smooth texture, strain the adobo through a medium-mesh sieve. Set aside 1/2 cup of the adobo to marinate the steak, and keep the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to one month.
- Make the steak:
- Pat the steaks dry, season them with the salt, then coat them generously with adobo. Let them marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill or grill pan and cook the steaks, 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, depending on their thickness. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing for tacos or serving as whole steaks.
MEXICAN STYLE TAMPIQUENA STEAK
Marinated steak served with cheese enchiladas make a delicious meal in this tasty Mexican-style recipe. Time does not include marinating.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix together the vegetable oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, black pepper and white onion.
- Coat the meat with the onion mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spread the tortillas with enchilada sauce (reserving a little), fill with cheddar cheese (reserving a little) and roll up over the cheese.
- Place the filled tortillas in an ovenproof dish. Spread with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle over the reserved Cheddar.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Cook the steak on the grill or griddle until cooked to taste.
- Serve the freshly grilled steak with the tortillas and guacamole, garnishing with the green chili.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1006.8, Fat 74.5, SaturatedFat 31.6, Cholesterol 133.9, Sodium 2437.9, Carbohydrate 48.4, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 7.3, Protein 38.1
MEXICAN STEAK FAJITAS
In my Mexican steak fajitas recipe, tender strips of sirloin pick up plenty of spicy flavor from a marinade seasoned with cayenne pepper and cumin. This colorful dish is speedy and satisfying. -Shirley Hilger, Lincoln, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add the beef. Turn to coat; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside., Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until it reaches desired doneness, 2-4 minutes. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables onto tortillas. If desired, top with cheese and serve with picante sauce and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 425mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
GRILLED MEXICAN STEAK
- Toast the cumin seeds in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- In a blender, combine the cumin seeds, jalapenos, garlic, pepper, lime juice, and salt. Pulse the blender to finely chop ingredients. Add the oil and cilantro and puree until smooth.
- Lightly score both sides of the meat with a knife so that the marinade will penetrate. Place the meat in a large plastic bag or bowl, pour in the marinade, and coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Cook on high, 1 to 2 minutes per side, to sear the meat. Turn the heat down to low and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the it has reached the desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547.8 calories, Carbohydrate 7.4 g, Cholesterol 71.6 mg, Fat 45.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.8 g, Sodium 675.3 mg, Sugar 1 g
MARINATED FLANK STEAK
This will bring out all kinds of flavor in your beef. Calories: 293 Fat: 26 g Carbohydrates: 3 g Protein: 35.5 g Cook time is marinade time.
Provided by BurtonFanatic
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the salsa, garlic, olive oil, and the juice of the lime in a zip top plastic bag. Shake around to mix ingredients.
- Add the flank steak to the bag. Seal the bag while pressing out as much air as possible. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the steak from the bag, discarding marinade.
- Grill or broil the flank steak to medium or medium rare. Don't overcook - flank steak can get very tough and unappetizing if overcooked.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, and slice the meat against the grain into thin slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.9, Fat 27.7, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 69.7, Sodium 286.8, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.3, Protein 36.8
ARRACHERA (MEXICAN SKIRT STEAK FOR TACOS)
This is a recipe for traditional arrachera, which is a thinly sliced skirt steak with seasonings. The longer it marinates, the more robust the flavor will be. Heat tortillas on the grill or in the microwave. Serve the arrachera with warmed tortillas and your favorite taco toppings, such as onion, cilantro, hot sauce, lettuce, cheese, etc.
Provided by melodie
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place a single layer of steak in a shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle a portion of lime juice, sazon, and adobo seasoning. Top with chopped onion pieces. Repeat layers until all pieces of steak are seasoned. Pour beer over the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Discard marinade. Grill steak until lightly charred on the outside but still slightly tender in the center for medium doneness, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173.9 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Cholesterol 33.7 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 413.9 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
MEXICAN-STYLE BEER MARINADE
- In a glass dish or large sealable plastic bag, combine all the ingredients. Add chicken drumsticks and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.3, Fat 0.1, Sodium 2021, Carbohydrate 12.6, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.2, Protein 5.1
More about "mexican style marinated steaks recipes"
MEXICAN STYLE FLANK STEAK MARINADE - MADE BY MARRIAH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MEXICAN STEAK MARINADE FOR FAJITAS - THE TORTILLA CHANNEL
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST BEEF STEAK MEXICAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
ARRACHERA BORRACHA-MARINATED SKIRT STEAK - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
RECIPE: AUTHENTIC MEXICAN TACOS ASADA (STEAK TACOS)
GRILLED FLANK STEAK MEXICAN STYLE - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
MARINATED STEAK TACOS AND EASY MEXICAN RICE - SHE IS SELF CONTAINED
MEXICAN-STYLE STEAK | JAMIE OLIVER STEAK RECIPES
MARINATED FLANK STEAK (CARNE ASADA) TACOS - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
MEXICAN PORK CHOP MARINADE - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
THE ULTIMATE MEXICAN MARINADE FOR CHICKEN (OR SKIRT STEAK)
ARRACHERA MEXICAN MARINADE RECIPE - LAS RECETAS DE LAURA
MEXICAN SKILLET STEAK - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
10 BEST MEXICAN BEEF MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED MEXICAN RIB-EYE STEAKS RECIPE — THE MOM 100
MEXICAN STEAK MARINADE - SNAPPY GOURMET
AUTHENTIC CARNE ASADA - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CARNE ASADA (BEST MEXICAN STEAK) - JESSICA GAVIN
CARNE ASADA – MEXICAN-STYLE GRILLED STEAK - GOYA FOODS
MEXICAN STYLE CARNE ASADA - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
MEXICAN- MARINATED FLANK STEAK – MEALDIVA
10 BEST MEXICAN STEAK MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
DELICIOUS MEXICAN MARINADE RECIPE - MEXICALI FRESH MEX GRILL
10 BEST MEXICAN ROUND STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN PORK STEAKS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MEXICAN COCOA-MARINATED BLUE MARLIN STEAKS | METRO
SKIRT STEAK MARINADE RECIPES | MEXICAN - MARY DISOMMA
EASY CARNE ASADA RECIPE [MEXICAN SKIRT STEAK] - BEEFSTEAK VEG
SPICY MEXICAN MARINADE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
MEXICAN-STYLE STEAKS - ARTICLE - FINECOOKING
MEXICAN PAN-SEARED ROUND STEAKS - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
MEXICAN STREET TACOS - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOMEMADE STEAK MARINADE - THERESCIPES.INFO
LOW FODMAP MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH MEXICAN-STYLE PEPERONATA
~ A BASIC MEXICAN MARINADE FOR BEEF, PORK OR POULTRY - KITCHEN …
You'll also love