STICKY RICE WITH MANGO-COCONUT SAUCE
As a nice contrast to traditional Christmastime desserts, sweet sticky rice is a refreshing Thai treat made even better with a mango-coconut sauce.-Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Rinse rice and place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover with water; let stand 1 hour., Drain rice and return to dish; add 2 cups water. Microwave, covered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes., Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice 1/2 of a mango; reserve for serving. Peel and coarsely chop remaining mangoes., In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, brown sugar and salt; cook and stir until heated through and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in chopped mangoes. Cool slightly., Process mango mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. To serve, place warm or room temperature rice in serving dishes. Spoon sauce over rice; top with sliced mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Fat 10g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 86mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
MICROWAVE COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Make coconut sticky rice in the microwave for perfectly tender results in under 10 minutes. Serve with shredded coconut, sesame seeds, and ripe mango.
Provided by Pepper Teigen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a dry skillet, toast the coconut over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool (don't leave it in the skillet or it might burn).
- Place the sticky rice in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with 1¾ cups warm water. Let soak for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour. Cover the bowl with an upside-down plate or plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Carefully stir the rice from top to bottom, then cover and cook the rice for another 3 minutes. Repeat the process, stirring and microwaving 3 minutes at a time, until all the water has been absorbed and the rice has turned translucent (this means it's cooked). Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the sugar and salt, and stir until they dissolve. Remove from the heat, pour the hot coconut milk over the warm sticky rice, and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes so the rice can absorb the coconut milk.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the toasted coconut. Serve with sliced mango. If desired, garnish with sesame seeds and fresh mint.
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Also known as "sweet rice" or glutinous rice (despite being gluten free), sticky rice is a large white grain that, when steamed, becomes translucent, shiny and, well, sticky. In French, it's called riz gluant or gluey, not much more attractive. There should be a better word for it, because it really is undoubtedly one of the best things to eat under the sun.
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put rice in a bowl and rinse several times in cold water until water is clear, not milky, then drain. Cover rice with cold water and let soak for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Drain rice using a fine-meshed sieve or colander (line with cheesecloth if colander holes are too large). Place rice over a pot of rapidly simmering water (don't allow water to touch sieve) and steam, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and flip rice over. Continue steaming, covered, for 10 minutes, until rice is translucent and glossy. Taste to make sure rice is completely cooked; it may take up to 10 minutes more. Turn off heat. Fluff rice with a wooden spoon, then cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While rice cooks, put coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, just until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Put warm rice in a serving bowl. Pour coconut milk mixture over rice and stir well. Leave for 10 minutes to let absorb, then stir in coconut cream. Serve warm or at room temperature with mango slices.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 586, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 87 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 303 milligrams, Sugar 42 grams
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Mangoes are available almost all year long in Thailand and there is never a shortage of rice. Here is a sinful dessert that joins the two. I know rice is rarely considered a dessert food, but this is a delicious treat. Coconut sticky rice can be eaten with any fruit and is great by itself. Thai sweet rice, not jasmine, is used to make this dish. What makes the rice stick together is its high starch content. Sweet rice is actually steamed instead of simmered. I use a traditional bamboo steamer insert for this. In the United States, Manila mangos are in season for 3 to 4 months out of the year, their extra sweetness and soft texture make them a perfect accompaniment to the coconut sticky rice.
Provided by Jet Tila
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the rice in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Transfer the soaked rice to a cone-shaped bamboo steamer basket. The rice should sit on the bottom of the basket. Add 4 cups water to the steamer pot. Heat the water on high until it is boiling.
- Insert the basket into the pot and cover it to steam for 10 minutes. Flip the rice once and let it steam for another 10 minutes.
- Heat the coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan until simmering, then remove from the heat. Reserve 1/4 cup and fold the remaining coconut sauce into the rice. Cover the rice for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the mangoes or any fruit in season. Drizzle with the reserved 1/4 cup coconut sauce.
STICKY RICE WITH COCONUT MILK AND MANGO
This recipe will allow you to create a decadent Thai desert. This is an easy and clear recipe. The steamed sweet sticky rice soaked in coconut milk and topped with sliced mango will be sure to please family and guests alike.
Provided by Lacey Olsen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Rinse sweet rice until water runs clear. Soak rice in warm water, 2 to 4 hours. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Line the steamer with cheese cloth and spoon rice into cheese cloth; steam until thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes. Remove steamer from heat and transfer rice to a bowl.
- Mix coconut milk, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Pour 3/4 of the coconut milk mixture over rice; cover bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining coconut milk mixture over rice and top with mango slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.8 g, Sodium 84 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGOES
- Cover the rice with several inches of fresh water. Allow rice to stand for 30 minutes. Drain off water so that rice is covered by 1/4 inch of water.
- Place the rice in a microwave oven, cover, and cook on High until the water has mostly absorbed but the rice is still wet, about 10 minutes; stir and cook until almost dry, an additional 4 minutes.
- Mix half the coconut milk and 1 cup of sugar in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture over the rice and stir to coat rice with the mixture. Cover and allow the rice to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk into a saucepan and whisk in 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt, and cornstarch until smooth. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To serve, scoop the rice into individual serving bowls and top each serving with about 2 tablespoons of the coconut sauce and several pieces of mango.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525.1 calories, Carbohydrate 96.4 g, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 110.6 mg, Sugar 42.8 g
More about "microwave coconut sticky rice with mango recipes"
YOU CAN MAKE GREAT COCONUT STICKY RICE IN THE MICROWAVE
Author Tiffany Hopkins
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE
4.8/5 Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 996 per serving
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE RECIPE - ON-SITETOWING.COM
MANGO STICKY RICE | COCONUT RICE RECIPE - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
SWEET COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE | KITCHN
THAI SWEET STICKY RICE RECIPE - SHIPPIN.IN
EASY MANGO STICKY RICE (30 MINS SOAKING) - RIVERTEN KITCHEN
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - THAI KITCHEN
RECIPE: STICKY RICE WITH MANGO & COCONUT — THE EDIBLE FLOWER
MICROWAVE COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE - NEWS
SWEET MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE WITH JASMINE | MINUTE® RICE
EASY MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE – AUTHENTIC MANGO WITH STICKY RICE ...
COCONUT STICKY SWEET RICE WITH MANGO - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
SWEET STICKY RICE WITH MANGOES AND SESAME SEEDS RECIPE
SAHD RECIPE: 5-MINUTE COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH FRESH MANGO - KIWI AND CARROT
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - PERFECT EFFORTLESS SUMMER …
MICROWAVE COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO | RECIPE | COCONUT …
MANGO STICKY RICE (QUICK VERSION) - SCRUFF & STEPH
RECIPE: MANGO COCONUT "STICKY" RICE - NOMTASTIC FOODS
EASY MANGO COCONUT STICKY RICE RECIPE - SWEETER THAN OATS
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO – COCONUTMILKIDEAS
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
THAI COCONUT STICKY RICE RECIPE - STAMPEDEDRIVINGSCHOOL.COM
THAI COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
THAI COCONUT SWEET STICKY RICE (MANGO STICKY RICE) - ALPHAFOODIE
HOW TO COOK RICE IN MICROWAVE-STICKY RICE-MANGO-STEAMED-THAI …
THAI COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - JUST A TASTE
MANGO STICKY RICE PUDDING - JIOSYS.COM
THE BEST THAI DESSERT - COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH FRESH MANGO — …
THAI STICKY RICE WITH A MICROWAVE
MANGO COCONUT STICKY RICE DESSERT - DUMPLING CONNECTION
BEST WAY TO COOK STICKY RICE IN A MICROWAVE - QUICK RECIPE
MANGO STICKY RICE WITH COCONUT CREAM - GOOD OLD VEGAN
MICROWAVE COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO | RECIPE IN 2021
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SUNLEE | ALL BY SUNLEE, ALL BY QUALITY
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH MANGO - SIMPLY SUWANEE
MANGO ON COCONUT STICKY RICE - CLOSET COOKING
COCONUT STICKY RICE WITH BANANA AND MANGO | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sticky rice in the microwave?Place the sticky rice in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with 1¾ cups warm water. Let soak for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour. Cover the bowl with an upside-down plate or plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Carefully stir the rice from top to bottom, then cover and cook the rice for another 3 minutes.
How do you serve sticky rice with mangoes?To serve, place about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the warm coconut sticky rice onto each plate. Arrange the mango slices beside the rice. Pour some of the thickened sauce over the rice and then sprinkle the dessert with toasted sesame seeds or coconut flakes and enjoy!
How to cook rice with coconut milk in rice cooker?Add rice, 1 cup coconut milk, and water to a medium pot and let soak for 30 minutes. Bring pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat. Simmer, covered with lid slightly ajar, until rice is tender and water has been fully absorbed, 9 to 10 minutes.
How to cook sweet sticky rice?The steamed sweet sticky rice soaked in coconut milk and topped with sliced mango will be sure to please family and guests alike. Rinse sweet rice until water runs clear. Soak rice in warm water, 2 to 4 hours.